Will it do better than The Fantastic Mr. Fox?

Will it do better than The Fantastic Mr. Fox?

youtube.com/watch?v=dt__kig8PVU

What do you think of it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Gk6jsoXPz-g
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If it gets a wide release, it has a chance of doing well.

But it may also end up being a case like "Kubo and the Two Strings" where despite critical acclaim, it still fails to do well commercially.

>oh shit! /ss/!
>afro girl turns out to be a school kid as well

Damnit.

It has dogs in it so obviously.

Looks really good actually. Can't wait.

Nah dogs are shit

>t.a cat

I guess full front shots is a Wes Anderson thing? In this case it's actually a bit unsettling.

Dogs are just a drain on ours resources. They were useful in the past, but there's no reason to have them now. We spend billions of dollars on dog food, their healthcare, dog toys, when all that money and time could be used to better the economy or actual important shit like defense.

Dogs are the rats of the 21st century. They just hang around our houses, do nothing useful and just leech our money and time that could be used on actual important stuff.

>Will it do better than The Fantastic Mr. Fox?
It will get to lose at the Oscars to some formulaic Pixar or Disney movie much like Mr Fox, at least

Yeah, one thing that people pick up from Wes Anderson movies right away are his visual trademarks, X-axis shots included.

I like it, makes every scene look like a portrait.

Well, clearly someone's mommy never let them have a puppy.

We fucked dogs up, user.
They were wolves and we bred them into docile toys that have done so much for us.
We owe it to them. We can't just abandon them. Where are your principles?

Mr Fox was shit.

>cant win wars cause too many dogs
>cant afford food cause dogs eat all of our delicious animal byproducts
>people are dying because dogs are filling our hospitals and medical centers
>damn freeloaders, whens the last time you ever met a dog that wasn't lazy?

youtube.com/watch?v=Gk6jsoXPz-g

That's even worse, I say that we just slowly breed them into extinction. Humanity just doesn't have a need for dogs anymore, especially not retarded and inbreed as they are.

>Where are your principles?

When your car gets old you throw it away. It's the same thing here. Just like how we threw horses away when we invented the car.

Dude literally millions of people all around the world ride horses every day, including America.

is puppetry animation?

Had no movies I was looking forward to, now this is on the list.

but we didn't throw horses away, they still see a lot of work on farms and racing tracks
>That's even worse
no it's not
you're just refusing to accept responsibility your species has to the ones they fucked over

For fun, which is also such a waste of resources. Compared to their peak in the 1800s, horses are a tiny little % of their population and the general population doesn't give a shit about them. Only crazy horse girls. And horses are still kinda useful in 3rd world countries, farm work etc which is more then what I can say for dogs. The amount of money that we spent on dogs that don't do shit for us could probably be used to build another aircraft carrier or equip another armored battalion.
This guy gets it

We've had this discussion a million time man. Puppetry is Sup Forums. Browse for at least a week before you post next time.

This and Early Man already have a spot secured at the Oscars at least. The Academy really likes stop-motion.

Well, your entitled to your opinion but you are definitely in the minority. People aren't robots who see every living thing as tools. they like dogs and other animals and that's just how it is.

What a weird plot seriously but still will watch because i loved Fantastic Mr Fox

are comics animation if i move the pages really fast?

Seeing as how that's how most forms of 2D animation works, yeah. If your comic is drawn in such a way that it resembles an cartoon when flipped though.

Worldwide, horses are still very much working animals. Look at the rural areas of most European countries and you'll still see a lot of working horses.

They're just fucking dogs, who cares

That's my point, they actually do shit, not just sit there and soak up money.

Guard Dogs, Guide Dogs, Drug Dogs, Sheep Dogs, Therapy and Companion Dogs, Rescue Dogs. Plus every well raised dog will protect their owner with their life should some guy try to rob them.

how about all those youtube channels where they show static pictures getting narrated over telling a story?

>Plus every well raised dog will protect their owner with their life should some guy try to rob them.

Like it's gonna to stop anybody with a knife or a gun.

>Guard Dogs, Guide Dogs, Drug Dogs, Sheep Dogs, Therapy and Companion Dogs, Rescue Dogs.

Extremely niche. Compared to the hundreds of millions of dogs in households that just laze around and do shit. I say we treat the dogs like horses, reduce their population by 99% and only for the certain jobs like you pointed out. Then we have extra billions to build a new aircraft carrier or something. Only problem is fucking treehugger hippies and liberals won't ever do something like that in a million years. So we have to waste billions every year on a bunch of overgrown rats spreading disease and eating our food,

Speak for yourself my chi has killed 5 rats and two vipers this year alone, some dogs are still useful.

Hunting breeds and lapdogs have some use in medical areas since they are easy to train and can help people.

Rescue and "fishing" dogs still got uses too.

>Like it's gonna to stop anybody with a knife or a gun.
>implying you can't teach a dog to knife an intruder
Step up your game senpai

You could replace the word "dog" with pretty much anything and get the same answer.

>who cares
Everyone who wasn't emotionally stunted as a child obviously.

Is this movie for children or not?

Mr. Fox had tons of box office problems because they weren't making it clear who the audience was. This looks even more vague. Does this trailer show before kids' movies or artsy indie movies?

Welfare niggers and disabled people drain much more resources man, I suggest you start killing those and I will gladly help you with the dogs.

>Implying that I already don't want to do that.

But this is a thread about a nation getting rid of all their dogs, so I just shared my views on the matter at hand.Anyway, Trump is already cutting welfare and hopefully the ACA soon so it's a step in the right direction.

That could be considered an animatic or storyboard/key frames, so sure

>t. sociopath

so a powerpoint is animation too, i never considered that before

I guess I need to go and throw my horses away, didn't realize that everybody else already did

>leech our money and time that could be used on actual important stuff.

You post on Sup Forums

Sometimes it could be, but this is more about discussion on Sup Forums, not animation itself. An animatic isn't technically animated, but the line between the two is fuzzy

I'm going to need a source for that.

Looks like that ballet movie.

I can't say I'm crazy about the stop motion, but I like Wes Anderson, and I like dogs. So I'll give it a go.

I can't stand Wes Anderson movies but I loved The Fantastic Mr. Fox, was it Roald Dahl's genius? Or the great acting?

pretty sure it's stop motion like Fantastic Mr. Fox