Can we take time to appreciate the character growth in King of The Hill?

Can we take time to appreciate the character growth in King of The Hill?
I think Kahn is the best example of this.
>In early seasons moves to Texas and feels very alienated
>Grows to hate his neighbors and everything they represent while wanting more than anything to join the cool asian clubs and feels that is the only way to make his life complete
>He is outraged when he sees his daughter liking Hank's boy
>As time goes on he sees how responsible Hank is and how good of a father and husband he can be
>He also sees how he is content with his simple life
>Kahn grows to respect Hank and even starts enjoying that life style despite his asian friends insulting him for it
>Eventually you see him regularly hanging out with the gang even though he still has his own distinct cultural identity and seems to accept Bobby

Bump

It was indeed enjoyable and well developed.

>"Fat White Lump" is about *me*?

He also becomes a successful songwriter

King of the Hill was a very well written and executed show.

Indeed, it's one of those rare shows that takes exceptional care to put every character on the right and wrong side of a conflict at least a couple of times. For every instance of a character being the voice of reason, there's an episode where they're clearly in the wrong and too stubborn or prideful to see it. For every instance of a character learning to change, there's an episode where they're too stuck in their ways to adapt. It's truly some of the best writing in modern animation.

Didn't his Asian "friends "try to start a revolution in Laos? I remember they tried to make Kahn feel whitewashed and get him to join but I don't remember if we ever saw them again.

I wonder why. Why did the creators put so much care and thought into this show? How can we promote the same kind of effort in other shows kid or adult?

They guilted him into joining some weekend warrior counter-revolutionary force, but Ming pointed out that the whole point of them fleeing to America in the first place was to get away from tyrants that were trying to tell them what they were supposed to think and do.

Ted was right about America's stances towards dictatorships, though; we don't trade with Cuba but we're perfectly fine with trading with dozens of other tyrannical governments.

He was just completely retarded as to wanting to parachute people back there instead of just lobbying money like a normal rich person.

I love KotH but I feel that not every character was all that good. Namely bobby and luan. Bobby had some episodes where he shows that he's really matured but then the next episode is him acting like a fucking child. I liked how luan started going to college and I wished that had stuck. There's also the times she started boxing and when she moved out. Honestly so many missed opportunities with her

i feel this might be due to fox melding, I feel Mike really wanted there to be change from status quo.
what could have been.

People complain about Luanne but honestly I don't see it? In the end, she has a family, she's with a guy who cares about her and has made himself better for her, they have a house.

When all's said and done, she did okay for herself.

I just hate how much of a competitive spiteful bitch Peggy is.

Well, Mike Judge is a fucking god.

Except Bill who isn't allowed to be happy or they'll run out of gags for him

Bill don't deserve to be happy, he's a jerk and always fuck shit up everytime he get the chance,

If he was sucessful he would isntantly turn into an antagonist.

I'm pretty sure he wound up with Khan's mom to end the series. They were together at the end of the episode and unless I'm mistaken they never showed anything to suggest they weren't still together.

A couple throwaway lines in the following episodes suggest they broke up. And he dates Reverend Stroop in one of the last seasons (which also falls apart).

On top of that his whole extended family died except for Gilbert.

Being Bill is suffering.

>Bill finally gets over his divorce
>Bill finally gets over the fact that he's fat piece of shit
>Bill finally gets over Peggy
Plenty of progress for Bill's character.

>A couple throwaway lines in the following episodes suggest they broke up.
Huh, what lines?

dammit, i hate how good this show was in retrospect. We used to rag on it cuz we all thought we were hardcore stoner thugs or some shit. What started out as a satire lampooning conservative values became a vanguard for them.

I do sort of miss the self-righteous hardcore anarchist vibe we had going on back then tho. Everything was so much easier when you didn't have to be right, you just had to know they were wrong.

its okay, I'm sure Trump will start a war sooner or later and we can all go back to being our normal anti-establishment selves.

Bill is constantly shown to be his own worst enemy. Any lack of progress or backtracking is his own damn fault.

I wish the last Bill moment had been him getting his touchdown record back. always felt like that was him at his best.

You guys know the show is mostly parodical, right?

Kahn made everybody his bitch what is this alienated stuff?

Part of the ongoing suffering of Bill is an inside joke between the writers. This is because Bill Dauterive is based on their producer Jim Dauterive in terms of looks and mannerisms.

For I think Kahn development was complete in the episode Uh-oh Canada. Hank gets custom beer mugs made for himself and all his friends and he gets one for Kahn aswell, it's not so much the act itself but the fact that it's not a big deal or acknowledged as being weird in anyway. Kahn's just one of the gang at that point

I though Bill learned he didn't really want a family and what he really wanted was to be a caretaker.