Characters that get shoehorned into things for no good reason

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K_tu25LQBBg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

She instantly became good again after Lapiss left

damn, Stockholm syndrome sure is strong with that fanbase.

peri a cute, screw you. she also provide the homeworld perspective that was lacking.

totally true.

Casual reminder that they're only bringing Connie along because she threw a fit for it. That and she's fusion fodder.

She was better as a villain.

>omg
>why
>the fuck
>do they shoehorn connie into everything?
>why would steven's confidant
>and the only townie who knows everything about the gems
>be shoehorned into all these fucking episodes?
>omg
>ugh

Get rid of Pearl, give Peridot her enhancers back, and go back to exploring cool dungeons and finding weird artifacts

connie usually gets left out of the big adventure arcs though? there was a whole arc of her being butthurt about it (not saying thats a good thing, but it proves the point)

>false info created purely for the sake of defending mary Sue
>mental gymnastics
>can't greentext
Sup Forumsmblr detected.

Ugh, I really want to like her, but the writers just don't want to make her tolerable.

Yes, but the show treats her as being in the right and now she's going on a space adventure.

Connie is blatantly operating on a different set of rules than the rest of the show. Ronaldo hurts himself punching Pearl, Steven's retard strength is noted several times and only allows him to fight on par with other gems, and the CGs otherwise try to keep humans far away from their business. She shouldn't be getting involved at all, except maybe as emergency fusion material.

she was not in the right. She is constantly shown making poor decisions.

Stevonnie is their main fighting form. Steven rarely uses the sword himself.

The Dewey episode shows that the audience is supposed to see Connie's tantrum as justified, and her fighting Topaz shows that she's a match for gems on her own, not only as a fusion.

The only reason he doesn't use it himself is because he gave it to Connie.

i have a trans friend who hates her and thinks she's boring, but also a black friend who doesn't like SJWs but thinks she's one of the best characters

not sure what to make of that

That match with Topaz was bull. Either she was holding back to keep blue diamond from getting upset at the fact they killed one of her gifts or the writers are hacks that go out of their way to cocksuck tumblrinas and their yaaas slay queen fantasies.

steven was acting like a little bitch in I Am My Mom, you saw it, we all saw it, don't try to downplay it just because a character you don't like is calling it out

>holding back to keep her alive
i mean yeah that's a pretty reasonable explanation don't you think? Aquamarine was pretty clearly full of shit (or acting dumb due to boredom with the mission) with her threat of killing one of her targets

No he wasn't.
>Don't try to downplay it just because you don't like your character getting called out
Funny coming from the tumblr infestation spreading just because people think Connie was being a bitch.

If that's why they were going for, they should've telegraphed it better. Because what happened then only made Gems overall look even shittier, and made Connie look like an even bigger Mary Sue.

Oh no, Steven did fuck up there, but not for the reasons Connie was bitching about. Connie was just pissed that he didn't go for Stevonnie and fight.

Except they'd already been fighting and it was failing miserably. Aquamarine basically one-shotted Alexandrite, Stevonnie wouldn't have made a difference, the only way they were winning that one with brute force is if Lapis came by and broke the ship. Outing himself as Rose was a bad move and not the long-term solution he seemed to think it was, but he had the right general idea, they needed a way to end the battle peacefully.

Steven. Why, god, why do they not care if the art is on model but insist that every episode must be from his perspective?

sure except that they had already established that rose's sword has some bullshit physics-breaking properties which is why it makes sense to hand it to the party member who needs the extra help

Connie spent a lot of time training only for Steven tio leave her.

But she's being a whiny faggot about it.

That training means nothing. All she's done with it is take down mentally insane war veterans and they had to fuse to take down the one that wasn't a monster.

They should've established it beforehand that then. Show a scene or even let Bismuth, it's fucking creator, say that Rose's sword also works like Captain's vibranium shield.

>Ronaldo hurts himself punching Pearl

Which episode was this again/the context of it? I can barely remember a lot of this show.

Keep Beach City Weird
Ronaldo mistakes Steven for a snerson and kindnaps him. Gems come to the rescue, attack Ronaldo, and he puts up rather comically ineffectual resistance (even though gems themselves didn't seem to put up much of an effort).

Its only established special properties are that it cuts real good and can't break gems. That wouldn't help block something that can break rocks.

Steven will never pink Connie after he realizes he doomed Lars to eternal life as a trash can.

also Rose has too many fucking powers, she stole those from pink diamond

Or maybe Pink Diamond made Roses too strong?

>mfw Rose killed gemlings to absorb their powers

>despise bomb format
>decide to check out what progression happened in the most recent one
>Lapis leave and Steven spends the rest of the episodes unfucking his relationship with Connie
>thats it
I'm done. Let it die.

Lol I like this pic

Same desu, I used to fucking love this show but the terrible scheduling combined with this Connie bullshit has really destroyed it for me

This

Why are Connie and Ronaldo the only people who are actually greatly interested in the fact Gem stuff is going on out of like so many other humans shown thus far

Most of them are shitty muggles too self-absorbed in their routine to do anything. Kinda like me.

Connie is only into it because her life before was so boring. I see no reason to not believe that she's only mad at Steven because she didn't get to go on a magical adventure.

Steven himself is the only shoehorned character in Steven Universe

Rose isn't that strong, its just that we mostly only get to see the bottom of gem society. Her grab bag of powers makes sense if you think about what PD might've been planning to use them for.

>empathy powers to monitor/control the zoo population
>healing powers to maintain it
>pinking powers to give them a role in society
>also works on plants, creating even more subjects
>all bundled in a quartz body so they can double as security
The zoo wasn't a trophy, it was an uplift project, possibility in anticipation of the resource shortage. And consider the pink zombies' powers. PD would have a huge army thanks to all the quartz in Earth, a network of portal people would let her to move them around without relying on warp pads.

She was getting ready for a power play, WD/YD made a deal with Rose and helped set up the assassination, then backstabbed her with the song.

The actual reason is probably just lesbian drama though.

Enjoy that ban

I think Gem magic is just a regular thing in their verse or something? No one seems that surprised when they see it. e.g. everyone's "oh" reaction to cat fingers, Pizza's and Greg not shocked about shapeshifting, Maheswaran's nonchalance about Alexandrite, residents of Jersey not giving a shit about a magical blue flying lady, etc.

Its perfectly normal except when it isn't for some reason, like with Connie or Marty.

So you dont think allowing a fusion of a kid who can lift a big rock and a normal girl to stalemate fuckin Jasper counts as establishing something remarkable about the sword? As well as being able to deflect elemental orbs or whatever in lion 2

All they did was whack her in the helmet, the sword didn't do anything. You're acting like its He-Man's Power Sword or something and grants superhuman abilities, but it hasn't ever been described as doing or being able to do anything like that. Its just a high quality gem weapon.

>I personally don’t like this show so I hope it dies.
What Connie bullshit?

I'm just going to post the same as you.

pearl is the only good thing about that shitshow

>Pearl
Fuck Pearlfags.

No body sniff stinky foot and fab like you faggots

Where?

Not really

Pearl is horribly dislikable to the point of annoyance.

can I fap to connie you guys?

I don't see why not

Friendly reminder that SU would be an amazing show if not for Connie. Connie is the representation for everything that makes the show bad. Crying, "feelings", and townies. If the show focused on Steven instead of these awful side characters, the show would be good. Sadly the authors have no way to "show, don't tell" when it comes to their own shows emotional growth, and so instead of a fantastical boy going through his hardships in life, we get a show about how random townsfolk tell the main character what feeling he should be feeling at the moment, an event that is dragged on for ten minutes due to drama, long drawn out character reactions, and patronizing character dialogue without a hint of subtlety.

I'm Tamil and that pisses me off. If they're putting in a Tamil girl in for muh diversity why does she still have a white name?

Her parents names are Doug Maheswaran and Priyanka Maheswaran. So probably the father's decision

You serious dude? You're not familiar with minorities adopting "normal" names for where they live? Where the fuck do you live?

you can fap to her mom

pic unrelated

Grace deserves a bonus after Kevin Party.

Hillary and Amber deserve the bonuses. They boarded an episode that was simultaneously the most touching and the funniest of the entire season thus far.

I'm glad I dropped this show

wasn't connie supposed to be taller than steven

Is Connie going to have to apologize to Lars's family and friends for taking their only means of communication with him away?
Steven too, assuming he didn't tell her about that fact.

Toronto, whole lot of brown people here

>Obama is a bitch-ass nIGGER
>youtube.com/watch?v=K_tu25LQBBg

A M E R I C A

Hot

Steven is the townie.

She was so one-note as a villain. She literally team-rocket blasted off again every other episode. I love that they added her to the cast.

It's been a great journey watching the hotheaded 10int 0wis little alien learn to love earth and make what she can of it. I'll defend this shit all night.

I-I mean...that's kinda hot, I guess...

iirc Steven was originally not going to have any powers, but it was advised against. Connie may have been brought in or developed at some point to make up for that as a normal person being introduced and eventually involved in the Crystal Gem's affairs, having to improve herself in order to keep up with the supernatural abilities of the gems and Steven. I would have been interested in a version of the story where Steven didn't have gem powers, but this not only makes up for it, but gives me the best of both worlds to enjoy.

you're one butthurt faggot.

I would've been fine with that if they hadn't totally disregarded all the things that made her threatening and reduced her into a neurotic laughingstock.

Yeah, stupid sexy Leah, always stealing the spotlight

I'm glad I stuck with this show.

This was true even in the 90's Cartoon

>Not banning “fusion” and “Love” from Garnet’s vocabulary.
>Not stop victimizing Amethyst for the smallest shit that offends her.

I...Is this bait?