*steals your publishing credit*

*steals your publishing credit*

Someone get me a bell.

Bob Kane!
How could you!

so how is his hair greying when he died very young?

Is that Pedro Infante?

tfw if De la Cruz wasn't crushed by that bell he would have clarified that he and Hector created those songs TOGETHER (decades after reaping the financial benefits of credit as sole creator)

>died very young

Source? I assumed he was close to 50 considering he already had reached massive stardom as a musician and actor.

>he lived through both 2016 AND 2017
Jesus he really is an immortal lich.

Just recently saw this with my mom and the movie hit us fucking hard. She was bawling her eyes out and I was just hugging her and telling her that I loved her.
What a beautiful movie.

>skeletons with eyes

God, the art style of this movie was really revolting.

I like how his jacket makes him look like a fatty even though he is skellington

Reminder this movie is plagiarism.

how fitting

>>>/tumblr/

not even tumblr thinks that anymore

In terms of mexican skeleton movies, I'd say he was a better villain than the big mexican guy in BoL, for what it's worth

Reminder that even the people who were plagiarized don't feel that way.

I don't remember the part in Coco where a bunch of Mexican themed Greek Gods start placing bets on the love life of mortals.

De la Cruz had that je ne sais quoi. He had that intangible that separates the GOAT Disney villains from the good ones.

If I had to pinpoint it I'd say it was because instead of a simple betrayal, we spent the entire movie seeing the pain that the betrayal brought. He didn't just fuck Hector over, he fucked Hector over and created generations of problems that still plague the family to this day.

Did he feel guilty before he died? Like telling his story in a movie was kinda letting stuff from his heart out
>
I honestly he wasn't such a bad guy, atleast not the murder part, i figured he meet the real dad and was buddy with him until he died from a chorizo and took his guitar. I guess because he was actually cool when he met miguel

no, either Negrete.

Not if you are Mexican Chatolic, but yeah need a way more religion.

Wasn't he supposed to be based on Infante? Of course he isn't actually but close to

Based yes, they show them both in the movie, so no. He is donutsteel.

>Toy Story = The Christmas Toy
>A Bug's Life = The Seven Samurai
>Monsters Inc = Aaahh!!! Real Monsters
>Finding Nemo = some obscure French book
>The Incredibles = Fantastic Four + Watchmen
>Cars = Doc Hollywood
>Wall-E = Short Circuit
>Up = some obscure French short
>Inside Out = Osmosis Jones + Herman's Head

Pixar gotta Pixar

What a completely fucking retarded post

The film was better when it was called Book of Life.

Llorona > remember me.

Even if he didn't steal credit, the writer is hardly ever as loved or remembered as the performer.

Don't call it yet, 2017 still has a few more weeks to go

>actual folkloric song>comercial Disney song

No shit Sherlock.

Oh god it's gonna be like last year isn't it.
It's gonna take a whole load of people on its way out, don't it?

Putting spoilers in OP post

>dos equis
>not victoria
Pinche hereje.

Boy yer dumb

Do all Mexican boys wear red hoodies?

You asked that yesterday & got your answer. But since your alzheimers seems to be acting up again, No, not all.

As long as it's not corona.

Why didn't he just offer to send him royalties? He can be the face and other guy can stay home and mail him songs. Win win.

Our u a retards

His first thought was to kill Hector so why the hell do you think he would treat his friend nicely? He's a crazy asshole

He panicked in the moment

Hector wouldn't have given up his songs so easily.

Yea it was a personal song

>Corona
>Victoria
>Dos Equis
>No Indio
>Not even Pacifico
>Not fucking even Carta Blanca

>tfw when you die no one will remember you

I will, tell me about you user.

No.

Better to be no memories than to be bad memories, perhaps.

It's not the best outcome, but it's also not the worst.

Everything else he mentioned has no correlation, but A Bug's Life did indeed heavily borrowed from Seven Samurai.

>tfw you die and life goes on
>trillions of years pass until eventually the universe dies of Heat Death and collapses in on itself
>immediately after there is second Big Bang
>all the events that occured in the previous universe carry out the exact same way
>you are born again and live out your life as it was before and die again only repeat it again and again and again

>He thinks some animated movie's failures or successes will mean anything in the eyes of Hollywood

They literally made a kiddie table award for animation just so they wouldn't take up nomination slots of "real films" and so film enthusiasts could just ignore the entire category when voting.

Fucking kek

fpbp

I'm a mexican and I wear a red hoodie for uni

I don't know how to use archive but I've heard of it. I want to seek the coco thread when you guys saw the movie before Mexico did.

I kinda like the sentiment, but I wish they were more creative with the movies and help the actual mexican industry to make actual good movies for children.

He turned from a nice guy to a fucking greedy ashole that secretaly kicks puppies. He is wasted potential. And that's what I think of the movie.

No, they wear capeshit t-shirts.

>One is a beta-male with a harem of hot girls, but he ignores them in favor of a spoiler princess that just ignores him.
>The other is an autistic child that likes music too much.

The only interesting part of DLC was that he murdered Hector and was willing to murder Miguel. So, not his personality or goals, just the lengths he went to in order to achieve them. I'm really, REALLY sick of Disney and Pixar pulling the "surprise villain" shit. It's gotten to the point where I will probably never watch a kids' movie again without calling the "surprise villain" shit within the first twenty minutes.

For the plot's sake. Hector could keep writing songs for the guy from his home.

Cool, this guy gets it.

So are you saying today fashin isn't non-whites MCs (plus is there is a gay or dyke)?

I'm saying animation didn't inspire that trend and even if Coco was the only movie to come out this year with a non-white MC and made a billion dollars, all of Hollywood would ignore it because the only people who take animation seriously are animation enthusiasts.

But Brave was a totally original idea

i want to kiss hector

The thing is, a movie (animated or not) can be succeful is the staff promotioned it as progressive shit just because there is a non-white MC.
Look at Coco, everyone is presenting as a love letter to Mexico while the only thing I see is a so-so movie with bland characters and good animation and music.
I want to get him a better wife.

Scottish Brother Bear

Watched this recently. Holy shit, this movie.

My siblings cried, my grandma cried, people sitting around us cried, I cried

>Did he feel guilty before he died? Like telling his story in a movie was kinda letting stuff from his heart out
I thought it was narcissism. Like, he though it was dramatic what he did to Hector and what happened to Hector, so he used it in his movies, but with him in poor Hector's place, but instead of dying he "dodges" the poison.

De la Cruz strikes me as the kind of guy that thinks too highly of himself, thinks only of himself, and lacks empathy. Psychologists will have a field day.

Same. I guess we'll have to do some archive digging, user

>I'm really, REALLY sick of Disney and Pixar pulling the "surprise villain" shit

I think it wasn't so bad with Coco and Wreck it Ralph. Frozen's "twist" was terrible though. Moana didn't exactly have a surprise villain.

Where is all the Hector skelly art? I can't believe this.

I think the crew stated that it was based of Negrete

>mildly developed 13-14yo teenager
>shota
Fucking newfags

I actually had 3 different red hoodies back in middle school

Weird that this had the same "your childhood hero is a murdering psychopath" plot device that UP had. It's so specific.

Someone at Pixar is really into deconstructing hero worship.

I hope nobody in the company idolized Lasseter

Never meet your heroes, man.

It happened to a friend and I saw how crushed said friend was.

>likes cartoons and hugs

>OMG WHAT A PERVERT!

i cant believe how mad i am at obvious bait like this

Who was the hero?
Mel Gibson?
Jared Fogle?

If it gets me banned from /y/. It's shota.

Just shut the fuck up about this already. No one cares about which of your shitty alcoholic beverages are the least shit.

But he didn't die young. Weird....

This. Coco's and WIR's twists work better because they make sense within the context of the movie, adding clarity and providing connections to events previously shown or described. Zootopia and Frozen have nothing going for them beyond "Surprise! This character you thought was good was actually EEVILL!" (They also happen too close to the end of the movie to have any real payoff.)

How is Coco the only one who looks old as shit and ancient when dead while everyone else looks rather young?

Also am I the only one who briefly thought that Hector was going to be a crazy asshole that murdered Ernesto?

I thought so too, until I saw it. You really don't want to remove the most expressive feature from 3/4 of your characters for a whole movie

They probably died at younger ages. Increasing life expectancy is a thing, y'know. (Also, the short guy had a big white mustache, so that's definitively old-looking to me.)

Miguel a cute

I don't get it

I want to fuck his wife, HARD

You didn't watch the movie, did you?

oh yeah, the whole bell thing that fell on that guy. got it

They kept their bodies as when they died. Coco was the great grandma so she outlived almost everyone in the movie. You can sorta see how the great great grandma looks older with white streaks in her hair compared to the great great grandfather since he was murdered but she continued to live on

Here you go! But be careful with it, it likes to whisper evil thoughts into people's ears.

It was SUPER EFFECTIVE!