IGN Best Comic Book Series 2017

What say you Sup Forums?

>All-New Wolverine by Tom Taylor, Leonard Kirk, Cory Hamscher (Marvel Comics)
>Batman by Tom King, Mikel Janin, Mitch Gerads, David Finch (DC Comics)
>Black Hammer by Jeff Lemire, Dean Ormston (Dark Horse Comics)
>Black Panther by Ta-Nehisi Coates, Brian Stelfreeze, Chris Sprouse (Marvel Comics)
>Deadpool/The Despicable Deadpool by Gerry Duggan, Scott Koblish, Matteo Lolli (Marvel Comics)
>Hawkeye by Kelly Thompson, Leonardo Romero (Marvel Comics)
>The Mighty Thor by Jason Aaron, Russell Dauterman (Marvel Comics)
>Saga by Brian K. Vaughan, Fiona Staples (Image Comics)
>Shade, The Changing Girl by Cecil Castellucci, Marley Zarcone, Marguerite Sauvage, Kelly Fitzpatrick (DC Comics)

Other urls found in this thread:

comicbookroundup.com/comic-books/reviews/dc-comics/batman-(2016)?viewBy=Annuals
sys.Sup
youtube.com/watch?v=BP4GQPbn4Aw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>sjw shit
>Batman
>Deadpool

Shade and Black Hammer are the only good ones on the list.

well they've got Shade on there at least

>>Batman by Tom King, Mikel Janin, Mitch Gerads, David Finch (DC Comics)
>>Black Hammer by Jeff Lemire, Dean Ormston (Dark Horse Comics)
>>Shade, The Changing Girl by Cecil Castellucci, Marley Zarcone, Marguerite Sauvage, Kelly Fitzpatrick (DC Comics)
Approved.

I’ve heard 0 good things about Batman Rebirth. What changed?

Friendly remider they unironically nominated AMERICA for Best New Series
IGN having shit reviewers hasn't changed

>still butthurt about King leaving Marlel

>Shade, The Changing Girl
This is the only title from the current Young Animal line up. Are the other titles not good?

Was Transformers vs. G.I. Joe not eligible for this year because it ended?

No surprise that they're all from the three biggest publishers. Can't spell ignorant without IGN

Doom Patrol is good but only has like 2 issues every decade

Marvel not only dominates DC in the movies but also does the same with comics.

>What say you Sup Forums?

The King stay the king.

Black Hammer is a Dark Horse book.

Woops make that four biggest publishers, forgot Black Hammer was DH

The truth is that his run in batman has been well received in the criticism, only that in / co / well you know the custom with any batman writer except someone before 2000
comicbookroundup.com/comic-books/reviews/dc-comics/batman-(2016)?viewBy=Annuals
It's been decent so far.

Typically IDW has more marketshare than Dark Horse does. Sometimes Dynamite does as well.

Dude you can't even argue that only Sup Forums has been criticizing him. Even look at the reviews for his normal issues on the site you listed; a lot of the issues have averages in the 7/10 range which for most comic reviews sites is used for mediocre at best

>saga in 2017
>good comics

From the list, only Batman is somewhat decent, but not really

Most of the issues have average 8, the truth if a 7/10 is mediocre that bad enumeration system, I read several, 7/10 usually means decent-good at a general level. I do not say that / co / is the only place where I hate him but it is where I see the greatest amount of hatred to his run, almost always nickping. A general level of criticism has been well respected.

You’re funny

7/10 is typically when people mean mediocre

It's why people throw fits when things they like don't like 9/10, 9.5/10 or 10/10

You'd think 5/10 would be mediocre and everything below is bad and everything above it is good but no, it doesn't work like that
Works more like the american grading system where everything below 70% is failing

more or less, the truth if you read them, those that give 7/10, Notes that criticize although highlighting negative things give a generally decent overwall. Equal all have different systems if one realizes. That and that really, reviews the critics of each number and in general has more 8/10 and 9/10 than 7/10.

>Tom Taylor book
>King's shitty Batman
>Black Panther
>Deadpool that's lost any and all steam
>Hawkcunt
>Whor
>Saga
>No Deathstroke

>>No Deathstroke

My man.

Action Comics
Batman
Cave Carson has a Cybernetic Eye
Deathstroke
Green Lanterns
Green Arrow
New Super-Man
Superman
Shade, The Changing-Girl

Moon Knight

>Action
>Green Arrow
>Green Lanterns
>Cave
>Batman
lmao

>No Deathstroke

I hate every single one of these books except for Black Hammer. I haven't read that yet.

Your list is even worse than OP's.

>implying this is bad
The farther those casuals stay from our man Priest, the better.

I guess the indi ones are good, but not the best of indi

>>All-New Wolverine by Tom Taylor, Leonard Kirk, Cory Hamscher (Marvel Comics)
Garbage
>>Batman by Tom King, Mikel Janin, Mitch Gerads, David Finch (DC Comics)
>>Black Hammer by Jeff Lemire, Dean Ormston (Dark Horse Comics)
Good
>>Black Panther by Ta-Nehisi Coates, Brian Stelfreeze, Chris Sprouse (Marvel Comics)
>>Deadpool/The Despicable Deadpool by Gerry Duggan, Scott Koblish, Matteo Lolli (Marvel Comics)
>>Hawkeye by Kelly Thompson, Leonardo Romero (Marvel Comics)
Garbage
>>The Mighty Thor by Jason Aaron, Russell Dauterman (Marvel Comics)
Good
>>Saga by Brian K. Vaughan, Fiona Staples (Image Comics)
Garbage>>Shade, The Changing Girl by Cecil Castellucci, Marley Zarcone, Marguerite Sauvage, Kelly Fitzpatrick (DC Comics)
Good
They managed SOME good comics.

Haha! I’m a casual who got suckeres into reading this mainly due to Sup Forums‘a recommendation. You can’t keep us from the good stuff forever! We’re taking over!

There's nothing wrong with Duggan's run on Deadpool.

>All-New Wolverine
No. And I say this as a fan of the series and still following it. It's cute and has some great moments, but those moments are few are far between. Plus the story and characters are pretty generic.

I only think that this got picked because of name alone, or because there weren't a lot of comics reviewed at all. It's a good series, but I'd hardly call it the best of 2017.

>No Supersons
Fuck off.

Gossiping about other websites is cancer.
OP is a faggot.
Do your part to help purge subhumans like him from our home by reporting this thread.
sys.Sup Forums.org/co/imgboard.php?mode=report&no=97295681&altc=1

YOU fuck off, pedo

I see you post this is so many threads? This is a thread about comics and you would rather report it for no reason other than you don't like it as opposed to the gorillion Sup Forums threads? Fuck off.

>The Mighty Thor by Jason Aaron
>Good

I was talking about IGN, but feel free to take it personally.

Super Sons*

You're on Sup Forums faggot 90% of the shit here is for children and half of it "stars" child-aged characters.

>shade
>sjw shit
you disgust me

this desu
supersons is fantastic

>No Teen Titans, Superman, or Action Comics either.

Looks okay except for Thor and Hawkeye, to be honest. I like Thompson's Hawkeye, but it's not great by any stretch of the imagination, doesn't belong on a best of list outside of those awesome covers at the start of the run.

Teen titans is good?

As a third party who hasn't read the comic in question why is or is it not "sjw shit"? To be clear, I'm very well aware it was a dude originally.

youtube.com/watch?v=BP4GQPbn4Aw

All those books are trash, what the fuck

I had a subscription to IGN like ten years ago. Has to count for something.

I’m rapidly running out of good Rebirth trades though. The Flash ones are starting to piss me off. Hellblazer kind of sucked. New Superman is cancelled.

>any Marvel

Fucking hilarious. This contrarianism from them is astounding considering how bad all of those books did.

The Ra's and Black Manta arcs were great. It feels like Young Justice in comic form.

>I'm very well aware it was a dude originally.
what was a dude originally? If you're talking about the alien who inhabits the human body, she was a girl.

No.

oh, you're referring to the changing man, woops disregard this wasn't paying attention

DC and Rebirth and Sup Forums eternally btfo

Needs some Savage Things.

It should be noted that Snyder's run had a higher average on CB Roundup.

>implying Jon or Damian is for lewd.
>implying I'm not onto milf Lois.

The "SJW Shit" in it is faithful to the 1990s series. That series had gay and lesbian characters, and this one does as well. The character "Rac Shade" from the 1990s series does make a cameo in one of the last issues, and Loma (the new character) is a fan of them.

Well, if it makes you feel better the main girl idolizes Rac Shade, the changing man, and wants to become an earthling. She doesn't literally replace the original changing man. He's a character referred to and that appears in the comic as well.

And there are no SJW themes. What is supposed to make it an SJW comic, I don't get it?

>Has to count for something.
Yeah, as proof that you're a casual.

F E M A L E
E
M
A
L
E

I won't disregard it. I don't believe you knew that you casual fuck.

But you'll tell me I'm wrong, changing nobodies mind.

I didn't ask that. I asked why or why not it was "SJW shit". Also, the 1990s series isn't the original so whether it's faithful to it or not is beside the point.

>Well, if it makes you feel better
When did I say I was mad

I specifically stated I was a neutral third party who hadn't read it. Neutral.

I don't care if it's SJW shit or not. I just wanted either of those two to provide some reasoning why it was or was not instead of one user shitting on it and another user shitting on that user neither with any substance.

>When did I say I was mad
you aint fooling anyone, you sound mad as a motherfuck

I think that user means Marvel and Saga, which are SJW shit.

It varies, but it's alright-to-good at worst. Definitely worth a read.

What are some good comics released this year that may have went over my head and I didn't know about? Heading to my local comic shop tomorrow to pick up a few titles, I plan on getting Wild Storm along with Shade the Changing Girl, how is Kill or Be Killed?

>All-New Wolverine by Tom Taylor, Leonard Kirk, Cory Hamscher (Marvel Comics)
Yes
>Batman by Tom King, Mikel Janin, Mitch Gerads, David Finch (DC Comics)
Yes
>Black Hammer by Jeff Lemire, Dean Ormston (Dark Horse Comics)
No
>Black Panther by Ta-Nehisi Coates, Brian Stelfreeze, Chris Sprouse (Marvel Comics)
God no
>Deadpool/The Despicable Deadpool by Gerry Duggan, Scott Koblish, Matteo Lolli (Marvel Comics)
No
>Hawkeye by Kelly Thompson, Leonardo Romero (Marvel Comics)
Fuck NO!
>The Mighty Thor by Jason Aaron, Russell Dauterman (Marvel Comics)
No
>Saga by Brian K. Vaughan, Fiona Staples (Image Comics)
No for the past four years
>Shade, The Changing Girl by Cecil Castellucci, Marley Zarcone, Marguerite Sauvage, Kelly Fitzpatrick (DC Comics)
no

Pretty good list, I would have found a spot for Gwenpool though.

>All-New Wolverine by Tom Taylor
>Yes
>>Black Hammer by Jeff Lemire
>No

How can you complain about no substance when your reply to me had 0 substance? I didn't mean to offend you with "if it makes you feel better", relax.

Anyway, I told you that there isn't any SJW themes, unless you consider gays to be SJW. But they don't shove it down your throat, so I personally didn't get the SJW vibe from the series.

There is a decent amount of high school mean girl drama though, since the girl she inhabits was a huge bitch. That might turn you off. Other than that, it's fantastic, I don't want to reveal too much but you should give it a try. I loved the art too.

Oh I'm sorry I didn't realize Lemire got a pass for writing the same fucking indie BS as Vaughan since 2012.

So is she telling Bobby that he specifically owns gay?

>your
ummm how about you learn how to spell >_>

user, what did you accomplish with this post? I can't "prove" I'm not mad any more than you can prove you're not just derailing a thread for no reason.

I asked a legitimate question. One you clearly don't plan on answering.

Black Hammer
The Black Monday Murders
Gwenpool
Harrow County
Megg, Mogg & Owl: One More Year
Providence
Redneck
Royal City
Seven to Eternity
Southern Bastards

Yes, sodomite.

Why would there be substance in my post when I'm asking a simple fucking question, you stupid bitch?

You adn the other faggot clearly just want to bitch me out for being anti-SJW when I literally put that shit in quotes to signify I had no opinion of it. I've stated I was nuetral on the book and hadn't read it. I included that I was familiar with the original character to avoid "they made him a her" being the reason.

If anythign I was supporting the idea that it wasn't more than it being so by simply asking why.

user's focus on other anons way too much lately instead of their posts.

>user, what did you accomplish with this post
I could ask YOU the same question

>Anyway, I told you that there isn't any SJW themes, unless you consider gays to be SJW. But they don't shove it down your throat, so I personally didn't get the SJW vibe from the series.

you're likely gay, a female or both.

wowee user, relax
I can't believe a simple forum post spiked your blood pressure THIS much

I'm not bitching you out for anything, ya bitch.

and my answer, unlike yours, would be in order to stoke discussion about a comic that I haven't read in order to see if it's worth reading. Being that I like good art, I'll likely at least google it to see if that would satiate me thanks to the other cunty user's reply.

You on the other hand are literally trying to derail that discussion for reasons I fail to grasp. Seems either you two thought I had made up my mind or that you just wanted to be insufferable.

Stop shitting up Sup Forums.

I don't consider gays existing to be SJW. Trannys or people shoving their gayness into every panel? Yeah that's SJW.

But to be real with you, SJW doesn't have a solid definition and is pretty much a meaningless buzzword at this point.

Kid Lobotomy

>You adn the other faggot clearly just want to bitch me
Jeeze man, all I said was that it was just as "sjw" as the 1990s series. No need to get all pissy

>bitching about the way some guy phrased his answer is conducive discussion

Pretty sure user meant "if it makes you feel better about the comic" not like it makes you emotionally better.

It's decent but Brubaker has done much better. There's something about it that succeeds in being unsettling though. Basically the protagonist is one of these disgruntled millennials who shoots people they disagree with that you see on the news every other week.

Legit suprised Shade is so popular.
Thank God it is so Young Animal can survive.

>As a third party who hasn't read the comic in question why is or is it not "sjw shit"? To be clear, I'm very well aware it was a dude originally.
that is, absolutely, very conducive to discussion.

responding with:
"if it makes you feel better" being the very first thing addressed shows that user was more focused on how I was feeling, based an assumption that I had made my mind up.

It's become common on Sup Forums which angers me. It's social media thinking. To attack the person before attempting to respond to their post. Like you've done every time with zero response centered on the topic of the thread or my question.

it's simple derailment.

Not a bad list actually. I've read an enjoyed Batman, Black Panther, Hawkeye, Thor, and Shade.

I'd probably give book of the year to Shade.

Young Animal doesn't't deserve to survive on Shade's back.

I'm like 10 months behind on all Young Animal but pretty much all I had read I liked.
Cave Carson is great "adventures of the more obscure characters".
Doom Patrol very obviously influenced by Morrison's run but still good.
Mother Panic is probably the weakest as it being Another AntiHero In Gotham story (but still pretty good so it's weakest like comparing B- to B+ and A).
And I haven't read Bug but I never heard anything bad.

I really hope it continues after the "hiatus" and the crossover-thing, but the crossover is tied to Doom Patrol, and that thing keeps getting delayed.
Shade's sales were also super low before the hiatus (~7K)

>if it makes you feel better
I meant if it makes you feel better about the comic you silly billy. As in, if it makes you feel more confident about it not being SJW.

How can a post on a chinese imageboard trigger you this hard? It's absolutely embarassing.

what the fuck is happening in this thread

i'm trying to think of stuff i'd add they missed. (was hoping for more in the thread to spark a reminder)
Deathstroke seems obvious, Black Monday Murders I read the trade of and loved but dunno what issues are from this year, Duggan's Guardians deserves some recognition. Green Arrow has been consistently great.

>having taste this ironically bad

you and the other user who made that point failt to realize that it doesn't matter what it's "about". The focus there is on "how I feel" rather than what the comic is.

It doesn't matter how I feel. That is my point.

Also it still colors the assumption that I feel negatively about the book.

Doom Patrol is good but gets delayed all the fucking time. also Way is using too many Morrison elements instead of creating his own.
The rest are bad.