Japanese Sonic is a nature-loving...

>Japanese Sonic is a nature-loving, adventure-seeking drifter who plays by his own rules and has a strong sense of justice
>American Sonic is an arrogant, wisecracking, sarcastic jokester with a heart of gold, also a bit of a chick magnet
>British Sonic is a flagrant asshole who insults his friends on a regular basis
Which characterization do you prefer?

What would a Slav version of Sonic be like?

Squats the Hedgehog.

I believe the best course of action is to blend Japan and American Sonic, cause both are solid characterizations. Brit Sonic was okay, but I feel like he could be retooled into another character... Like Classic Shadow or something.
>way past CHEEKI BREEKI, man

I don't see any value in the Japanese version of Sonic. If Sonic X is an example of how they prefer to characterize him, then he is so bland and devoid of characterization that he wound up being a guest star in his own show. There was nothing that could be done with a character so insubstantial and boring.

American Sonic may be embarrassingly "radical" and Brit Sonic may be an asshole, but at least they have SOMETHING in the way of a personality.

>British Sonic is a god
Fixed

Full page.

Japanese Sonic has actually had some good characterization if you take into that him and modern Sonic are the same character.

I had the full page but ok.

>Japanese Sonic has actually had some good characterization if you take into that him and modern Sonic are the same character.

Haven't all the Sonic games since Sonic '06 been written by Americans? So what Japanese games with Japanese writers have illustrated good characterization for Sonic?

I was thinking about other people, if they wanted more context.

They can all go right to hell.

Sonic X's "Genki Sonic" is always the greatest. Bring him back for a new Sunrise comedy anime or something, excluding the humans.

I love them all, even boom sonic.

I think Sonic Unleash and Sonic & The Black Knight might be the best example of Japanese Sonic. At least, those are the games people point to when they talk about the highlights of Sonic character. Then again, I don't know how localized those games are.
Sonic X suffered from being a human-focused adaptation (except in season 3 where Tails got most of the development).

Akinori Nishiyama: Sonic Adventure
Shiro Maekawa: SA2 & Black Knight

>rip tails

Japanese. Your description is accurate, but I think he's more arrogant and wisecracking than you give him credit for. Also, this thread is about to be flooded with britbongs with a hardon for edginess.

Japanese Sonic is also more direct, and can be quite dismissive.

Here is something to know about Nippon Sonic. In a recap in Sonic Adventure 2, there is a moment of silence after he says he has seconds thoughts about trading the fake emerald for Amy before speaking again.

Is that supposed to imply that it might be a bad idea or a "do I reaaaaalllly want to save amy?"

Interesting. I'm not sure what that implies, but interesting.

the americans are given a bit of freedom with the english script but its still japanese writers

Combine American Sonic and Japenese Sonic. Maybe ad a touch of snarky British Sonic for Flavor and banter so he's more than just a Samurai Jack/Ben Tennyson Hybrid, but not too much.

Jesus Sonic, Amy's like, 12.

lol

>Fox Boy Bebop

Depends on slav

Sonic Twitter ruined the second one for me so I will say japanese version

If the dialogue in that screencap is supposed to be proof of what you're saying, the translation and the onscreen don't quite match up.

80's japanese sonic was a typical 80's shonen protag

when it got to the 2000's that ideal shonen protag changed with him

I've always like american sonic, but his design is terrible

british sonic is just shit

What the fuck is that?

Is that supposed to be third world Sonic?

I agree with this.

American Sonic with Japanese Sonic's design.

British Sonic is all-around awful.