Guardians of the Galaxy is cancelled

bleedingcool.com/2017/12/05/guardians-of-the-galaxy-cancelled-150/

Guardians of the Galaxy is cancelled. Being replaced by Infinity Countdown: Adam Warlock and Infinity Countdown Prime. Guardians of the Galaxy #150. The book could be relaunched after Marvel’s big infinity war Thanos event coming up. Or it could be cancelled forever (RIP).

>It's a Marvel turns what should have just been a single book storyline into a retarded linewide event episode.

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

That fucking sucks. This doesn't make me feel happy at all.

>it's a "low selling ongoing gets turned into ongoing minis as a sales bump" episode
Why do people still fall for it?

As long as Duggan's on the relaunch I'm happy

>cancelling a comic for an event storyline

I blame Bendis

Man marvel renumbering fucking everything is so dumb. How far along even was this GOTG? Like two arcs/10 issues?

20 issues

It was always suppose to be an event.

They are doing an Infinty War event to tie in with the movie. And then they are using the event to start a big relaunch. Legacy was just a temporary bandaid for the real relaunch with a more streamlined status quo to try to pander to their fans.

duggan wasted too much time on slice of life, why character do this? parts and kept putting the actual plot. that's why it dropped sales.

Don't click on this alarmist bait bullshit

It's not "cancelled", it's turning into a Warlock book

Duggan tweeted it got cancelled bc of a larger plan he's in on/he pitched.

fuck you, marvel. i was enjoying it. first nova, now this.

Ha.
Can we get the old Guardians back now?

Guardians 3000 sold like shit, so no.

>he doesn't realise this was his only chance to get anything close to the DnA Guardians ever again
I pity you who are trapped in the past, doomed to repeat and watch as everything you love is destroyed over and over again

As long as Gamora is in that fucking atrocity of a outfit I don't give a fuck.
It may be the single most generic outfit I have ever seen in comics, challenged only by the abortion that is Quicksilver's current suit.

Bring back the sexy. And stop taking influence from the god damn neutered as fuck movie version.

Probably not for long

It's just turning into Warlock you idiot
All you have to do is buy Warlock instead

gamora's been a shitty character since starlin abandoned her and your precious dna version was just as garbage as bendis'

at least duggan is giving her something to do

>Also ending in January is Jean Grey with #11, which will, after the Phoenix Resurrection series also shipping in January, launch the X-Men: Red series in February.

We're really going to be stuck with nothing but boring, shitty OG Jean now, aren't we

>Phyla stays dead
How will Judge user ever recover?

>The book could be relaunched after Marvel’s big infinity war Thanos event coming up
They said the same about Thunderbolts, but this probably has a better chance. Now will it have the same writer?

This is what happens when Bendis isn't on the book anymore.

I was right.

Marvel Movie fags don't read comics.
Knew it. Sad, but at least f4 rumored to be back.

So the whole renumbering was for nothing. Great.

Thank lord this book was pure garbage.

Nah

You're garbage.

The synergy was retarded and held the book back to a crazy degree. It has all the elements of a fun book though.

What fucking synergy? Quill mentioning music, like twice? "Baby" Groot being a critical plot point totally opposite to how it's handled in the movie?

It's been a little while since I read it, so I couldn't really tell you specifics. That's just how I felt when I was reading it, amigo.

>Bendis leaves
>Marvel literally starts falling apart at the seams
>soon all that will be left is Slott's Spider-Man, Captain Marvel, America, and an Avengers book

>Can we get the old Guardians back now?

But I don't want comics Charlie 27 to be black.

What exactly is this look supposed to say about about her? She likes wedgies and skulls?

>She likes wedgies and skulls?
Same, man.

I know they're gonna relaunch it as something new once this whole Warlock/Infinity thing goes down (Maybe a new Infinity Watch?), but I find the idea of Phyla-Vell fucking up hard enough to get her comeback ongoing cancelled before she even comes back too funny.
DAMMIT PHYLA

It it means the O5 are finally going home it will be worth it

They're not. It's just replacing Jean with boring Jean and the rest remain

Damn. And my copy of the first TPB just arrived from Amazon on my doorstep today. I am sad to hear it cancelled

>Make two critically acclaimed beloved movies.
>Instead of having a single solid book the moviegoers can pick up, split it up into SIX SEPARATE BOOKS, confusing readers and ensuring that none of them sell well.

gj Marvel

Is there even a point to marvel comics anymore? The don't tell stories and just keep cancelling and making new #1s

>it’s a retard thinks critical acclaim (as if that means anything) for movies translates to increased comic sales episode
How new?

*inhales*

AHAHAHAHAHAHA

There is literally no reason it shouldn't. Marvel movies dominate the cultural landscape right now, and if Marvel comics weren't run by braindead chimps they'd be doing better than they are right now.