NuPPG is too afraid to say "Christmas" in 2017. They call it "Generic Holiday Tree Lighting Day"

nuPPG is too afraid to say "Christmas" in 2017. They call it "Generic Holiday Tree Lighting Day"

>Generic Holiday Tree Lighting Day
Are you sure they aren't taking the piss out of PC culture like that episode of clone high

You are shitting me. At least tell me avoiding the name was played up as a joke to seem ridiculous on purpose.

> I care about this abortion so should you

>I watch cartoons I don't like because I spend my time looking for reasons to get upset

faggot

It is, OP's just being a fag. Both because he made the thread and because he watches nuPPG just to get offended at things.

If they called it Generic Holiday Tree Lighting Day then its already being played up as a joke.

That sounds like they're just making a joke

Sounds like they were being ironic.

MUH WAR ON CHRISMUS!

BOYCOTT STARBUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This, but unironically

This reads like a fucking Free Republic post. Go fucking cry elsewhere, you cuck.

Do you even know the definition of "cuck"?

I thought so.

grr dem evil esjaydoublevjus trying to destroy white culture again

Licki Licki Licki Licki Licki

This would’ve been funny if it was in the original, shut the fuck up

In the original's Christmas episode they just called it Christmas. Now the name of the day is changed.

nuPPG is gay but OP manages to be so much gayer that people are shitting on him instead of the show. Hilarious.

Why do you people still watch this????
Are you enjoying your anger?

Calling something "gay" because it's bad. What is this, 1997?

Just because they make a joke out of the fact that they're afraid to say Christmas in 2017 doesn't make it ok.

>tfw dad honestly thought there was a war on Christmas during obama era
why are dad's so paranoid Sup Forums?

It was a Mojo focused episode and I was curious because he was my favorite character in the original show. You might have a point if I watched every episode, but I don't. So calm the fuck down.

Commercials say "Happy Holidays". Check out guys at the registers say "Happy Holidays". Original PPG said "Christmas" in 2004's special. Just because they're making a joke around the fact that they don't want to say "Christmas" doesn't shed away the fact that they're avoiding saying "Christmas" in fears of offending people who don't celebrate.

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT I AM CALM

i don't get that though, the only PC "holiday" is kwanza which doesn't exist

so what's wrong with saying happy holidays for Christmas and Hanukkah?

What's it like being this triggered?

>"Generic Holiday Tree Lighting Day"
That is kinda funny tbqh

That means they're taking piss on Christmas. You faggots need to learn to read PC niggers.

Fag

imagine being such a butt plug you get mad at a cartoon that nobody watches anywhere telling a joke about you already agreeing with but they didn't say it in a way you agree with 100 percent and you make a thread about it that should be about shitposting but you believe it all 100 percent unironically

>Be so trigggered by the idea of Christms you have to make up a joke holiday to avoid it
>N-no u

Because they were clearly celebrating Christmas in the episode. Giving away presents, lighting up a tree, Mojo had a sleigh, and a parody of "A Christmas Carol", but called it something else. Literally nothing in the episode would've changed if they just called it Christmas.

That's better.

>THIS FUCKING CARTOON MADE A JOKE I CANT BELIEVE IT

Then why are you so offended over what is clearly a joke?

I am calm. I didn't make a thread just to bitch about a bad show, OP.

>PPG is on TV
>another Jurassic Park movie on its way
>DC films suck
You can't blame him for being a bit confused

I said, just because they make a joke out of it still means they're afraid to say Christmas. It's not the joke I'm criticizing, it's them not saying Christmas.

Cartoons have been using "x-mas" since before all of us were even born as a placeholder for the holidays. Get over it.

That's just an abbreviation of Christmas that's been used for centuries. Do you even know what you're talking about? They couldn't even say X-Mas here.

>kwanza which doesn't exist
I don't even think I've ever seen a "kwanza" celebration off of tv and I live in a city with more blacks than whites. Why the fuck did tv push this weird meme holiday?

Jews gotta have an excuse to push Happy Holidays.

Why couldn't they? How do you know they couldn't? Why would they say "christmas" if they're already making a joke about it? Wouldn't it ruin the joke to call the holiday by it's real name instead of the silly one they made up for a joke?

The episode reveals that the tree being lit on fire happens so often that it's now a Townsville tradition and Mojo is celebrated for it. With that in mind, it would have probably been more offensive to stick with calling it Christmas because then you have a whole town cheering the destruction of a Christmas tree.

Jokes are usually funny, user

As someone who hates the holiday season: good

How many generic holidays have a tree lighting? I seriously want this pc shit to die already

It's nuPPG.

ITT autism

Good. Religion is a mental illness.

I wish they went further and had an episode about removing gaudy decorations from the entire city.

This is bait, but honestly considering what they’ve done this wouldn’t shock me If it wasn’t

its a joke you weirdo

It was big for a short time when black fathers were looking for a way to connect to their kids in a unique way, inb4 black fathers joke.

The problem is Kwanza is only a thing for black people of a certain background, and a very large number of African American people cannot really trace their background with certainty due to their ancestors being hauled from who the fuck knows by black slavers and sold to Dutchmen who didn’t put the origin on the receipt. The rest did look into their background and realized that Kwanza doesn’t apply unless they took it as a generic celebration of being black, which few people do.

It also helps that Kwanza doesn’t mean jack shit to kids since it doesn’t have many cartoon specials, fun songs, iconic candy, or a giftwrapped [current console generation]. Compare to Hanukkah which at least has an interesting backstory involving war, potato-based food dishes, some small gifts, and chocolates.

>Religion is bad
>Decorations are bad
Are you a fucking Stalinist?

>Not calling it Generic White Holiday Tree Lightning Day

Can nu-PPG do anything right?

Do they call it that, or does just Mojo Jojo call it that? Because the image in the OP suggests the latter.

it is OK though, because in this here country we have freedom of speech
no one's forcing them to say it

Everyone in Townsville calls it that.

>a friggen Korean cartoon is less afraid to say Merry Christmas than an American cartoon
this is a weird timeline

>unironically offended on behalf of poor victimized christmas
You faggots are hilarious. The war on Christmas is a meme. I live in one of the most liberal cities in US and everyone still says Christmas.

holy fuck your autistic

the joke is they are going out of there way to NOT say Christmas. Just saying "christmas" would ruin the joke, you mong

>taking the bait this hard

>a kitty monster from a Korean CG cartoon looks sexier when she puts on clothes

What is this magic?

Are you going to complain about Decemberween in Homestar Runner?

At this point I can't tell if this is more Sup Forums bait shit threads or someone not getting a joke and freaking out.

It's not religious holiday over there.

But surely the country has some significant Christian population (to a point of having megachurches even) that take the day seriously, right?

I'm not offended I just think it's fucking retarded.
>the war on Christmas is a meme
I completely agree.

Nope

Japan uses it as a excuse to eat chicken and cake.

Why does he look so sad?

He looks smug, what are you talking about?

He looks sad. He's frowning.

>At least tell me avoiding the name was played up as a joke to seem ridiculous on purpose.
Conservashits just don't get humor like normal people so you can't blame them

Does he realize that millions of American's don't celebrate Christmas?

>his mind is literally so warped he can't help but project his personal feelings onto an image of Trump smugly smiling

wew, I hope those meds help you

Why is Christmas offensive again? I don't freak out when supermarkets have Happy Eid displays.

>like normal people

Being mentally ill is normal now?

But he looks sad, user. He's frowning. Why is he sad?

Fun fact: A single set of signage saying 'Happy Holidays' is cheaper than two sets of signage saying 'Merry Christmas' and 'Happy New Year' respectively, and doesn't need to be switched out between the two holidays.

The only mentally ill people here are the ones willingly watching nuPPG.

Hi Haley.

One of the main points of saying "Happy Holidays" is it's a blanket term that covers every holiday in the winter season. Would people honestly prefer to say happy/merry every single holiday in this month or just a all the above that covers every possible religion/holiday in December?

After the philippines korea is the most christian country in asia
christmas IS a public holiday there

The weird taboo about christmas is pretty much an american only thing.

I think most people want whatever gives them the most reason to complain on the internet, like OP and this thread.

>Check out guys at the registers say "Happy Holidays".

>old lady tells me "Merry Christmas"
>It's fucking December 1st
>I get confused and pause for a second before saying "Merry Christmas" back
>She looks shocked then smiles, laughs and waves as she leaves, presumably ecstatic that PC culture hasn't killed Chriistmas like she feared

Well fuck guess I can chalk up another reason that's completely valid, to me having a mental illness thanks user.

Anytime, we aim to please.

[gemgina]

Sup Forumsshits become more and more like Facebook grandmas every day. They'll be unironically posting Minion memes soon enough.

>in 20 years we have gone nowhere

Because he thought that the invisible ? block would be where he punched but it wasn't and now that photo is rurined forever.

Being racist isn't normal now but it's having it's resurgence

Who cares the show is lame any w-w-wait, why are there so many spergs freaking out? What's happening?! Why is there so much Sup Forums nowadays? It's like every other thread is anons getting mad about religion.