Milestone

Are you guys ready for the Milestone reboot ? I'm worried it won't be as good as original Milestone. Besides Denys Cowan and Christopher Priest is there anyone else from old Milestone coming back ?

How about Dwayne Mc---

Wasn't this announced like 2-3 years ago? Honestly surprised it happened and they didn't just skip to tv/movies since Cowan is the only person at Milestone who gives a shit about comics.

>>>>>>>>>Hudlin
I want Milestone not BEDC

Apparently there were legal issues that had to be sorted out first.

What do you guys think of Icon and Rocket's new design ?

>Black Invincible and Femme Gambit

Icon is giving me gladiator vibes.
Rocket reminds me of Juiblie, which is a good thing.

>that exposed stomach on rocket

New Static book. Nice.

Man this action figure has been in production for a long time. Now I want Icon and Rocket to get action figures.

Virgil better be written good. He hasn’t been written good since pre new 52.

is that pose intentional?

It looks like a combo of that and DKR.

Is there any thing you’re worried about with new Milestone ?

It's hard to fuck up a superman expy. And rocket is a thot of all THOTS since day one, with few rivals. Maybe Emma frost.

Rocket only had sex ones. She’s can’t be thot .

I’m worried it won’t be written good with out Dwayne McDuffie.

>STATIC SHOCK, an ongoing series from Hudlin and Kyle Baker, focusing on 14-year-old Virgil Hawkins, a kid with a love of comics and science who develops dazzling, electric superpowers.

>DUO, a new Earth M miniseries written by Greg Pak, introducing the twisted story of a couple sharing one body for eternity.

>LOVE ARMY, a miniseries with story by Hudlin, about a secret army of women with amazing abilities and super-strength, sworn to protect the planet.

> EARTH M, a new series from Hudlin and Alice Randall featuring a mysterious new vigilante character.

>all that Hudlin

absolute shit

Basically, this is DC doing an impression of Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime line, which itself was an impression of the original Dakotaverse line.

Hudlin is a terrible fucking writer and even worse person

And yet he directed House Party.

I hope Icon is still conservative as fuck.

i liked the static shock original cartoon. not sur its a good idea to reboot it in this day and age...

Yes, Hudlin. He is guaranteed to shit the bed.

There's waaaay too much Wedgie Hudlin involvement in the entire project for me to feel any level of confidence in it.

Icon's a solid meh.
Rocket's okay.

>Black Republican Superman
Im ready for Sup Forums throwing a shitfit over him, unless they retcon his conservative boner.

Sup Forums likes redpilled Blacks though

Sup Forums loves black conservatives.
Hell, a lot of them ARE black conservatives.

Can confirm, am one

The one by Greg Pak is the only one that might be decent. Hudlin is a godawful writer.

I hope they put Richie in Static's new book.

Baker might salvage Static.

Denys Cowan is co writing it and he helped create Static so I have a tiny bit of hope it'll be good.

>Just watched the Milestone episode of The Secret History of Comics
>This figure was one of the last things Dwayne McDuffie saw before he died

>yfw Bendis gets put on one of these books

Milestone is all about black creators creating black superheroes . And some times other creators of color creating other superheroes of color.

All I care about is whether they'll actually reprint the old Milestone stuff.

and Bendis wishes he was black don't assume his race shitlord hes transAfrican-American

>Hudlin
>Xombi under a different name so they can cut out the creator

Not even Baker on Static is enough to get me interested.

I think they said there going to reprint old stuff.

I want it to be cartoonishly republican like they find a death ray powered by fetuses at the basement of a planned parenthood and Rocket and Icon have to stop it.

I was ready like 3 years ago

I hope they give Static a good design. All of his greatest designs are from cartoons he's been in.

Ooof, that's a lot worse looking than I expected based on the tiny preview in OP.

Legal issues as in making sure McDuffies wife doesn't get any money from milestone.

You mean colored creators and colored superheroes?

neither of those titles make sense. fucking retarded Invincible readers I sear.

Isn’t Bendis Jewish?

whatever it is couldn't possibly be worse than the nu52 redesign
...right?

So, do they still fuck over McDuffies wife?

We don't know yet.

What are they doing with Hardware in the reboot ?

Will any of the characters actually act black?
Or will we just get white characters painted brown?

>Actually thinking there's a act .
There's no much thing as acting black or acting white.

And what, pray tell, is the difference between Black and White here?

>I have never been around blacks.
>I assume everyone is a white liberal.

Will there be more Holocaust ?

>a genuinely bad ass black villain
Not likely.

If he is, Jew isn't a color, and there's plenty of Jewish superheroes already.
Marvel should release a Hanukah Special one day.

Not every black person act ghetto.

Rocket's nice but I really don't like Icon's look.

He looks like a villain. Hell, if you showed me this a year ago and told me he was a Red Lantern I'd believe you. It totally clashes with the purpose of his design. Icon is supposed to be a symbol that the black community of Dakota can look up to. If I saw this guy flying around my city I'd be running away scared that he'd vaporize me.

>Wesley Snipes
>Forest Whitaker
>Whoopi Goldberg

A bunch of super important Milestone alumni like Criss Cross, John Rozum and Ivan Velez Jr. don't seem to be involved yet Hudlin is all over the place.

Black characters act differently in situations than white characters.

There's no word on any Blood Syndicate stuff.

I'd really love an HBO or Netflix MA-rated hour long live action Blood Syndicate show set in the 90s.

Not every black person acts white.

as long as these reboots are authentic by people who want to take these characters in new directions. rather than them just trying to make a quick buck

They'd hate Icon. The last couple pages of the first issue was basically
>Rocket: I don't think the cops are gonna take too kindly to a couple of superpowered black people dropping in on them offering help.
>Icon: Why do you have to make everything about race?
>Cops: GET ON THE FUCKING GROUND OR WE'LL SHOOT
>Rocket to Icon: wHy Do YoU hAvE tO mAkE eVeRyThInG aBoUt RaCe???

he needs the green cape, it brought the costume together

didn't busiek write a few icon issues? Black artists certainly should be at the forefront but it shouldn't mean they can't bring in white artists or writers to help out

To be fair they were still new superheroes and the police didn't know who they were.

Why is Kamala grabbing a lighting bolt?

CPT?

Amazing
I see it too

Colored Person Time

>I literally do not know what Milestone is but I can complain like the dickens
Fucking kill yourself

Reading old Milestone I kinda wish they had white artist or at least some better artist cause the art and character designs weren't that good.

t. A Carlton

I can make a better than black character than anything Milestone has put out.

I doubt it. Milestone create a lot of great black characters. One of them even got a really popular cartoon.

it was the 90's most cape comics had shitty art then. I just can't tell if I love or hate the idea of bendis doing static, because on one hand ultimate spider-man and dark avengers, on the other hand the rest of his work

>I don't know what I'm talking about but let me just say something racist anyway.

Milestone had white artists. One of them drew Static.

>first issue collector's item
and they say its Marvel's fault the bubble burst

Hardware's also a McDuffie creation so expect him to be sidelined.

>I just can't tell if I love or hate the idea of bendis doing static

T-that's not happening, right?
You're just trying to start some shit.
TELL ME YOU'RE JUST TRYING TO START SOME SHIT!

It wasn't just Milestone. It was the whole industry up on the 90s speculator bubble before Death of Superman popped it.

I heard that some company tried to sell comics with bullet holes shot through them as collectors' items.

just trying to start some shit don't worry he's gonna spend to much time ruining the mainline titles to worry about milestone

That was an issue of The Protectors, from Malibu. I remember buying it as a kid, as part of a Malibu pack with some issues of their Street Fighter comic. The hole goes through the fucking dialogue on some pages!