Post your shelves, recent purchases/hauls, news about buying comics and any upcoming stuff

Post your shelves, recent purchases/hauls, news about buying comics and any upcoming stuff.

Don't know where to buy? Try these:
amazon.com/
instocktrades.com/
cheapgraphicnovels.com/
[your local comic shop here]

Are you Euro or UK and don't know where you buy? Try these:
cheap-comics.com (EU)
booksetc.com (EU)
speedyhen.com (UK, hefty fees if delivery adress outside of UK)
bookdepository.com (free worldwide shipping but known to manhandle books)

New list of things out next week:
comiclist.com/index.php/newreleases/next-week

Other urls found in this thread:

collectiondrawer.com
hachettebookgroup.biz/search/publisher/?q=Marvel&selected_facets=season_exact:Spring/Summer 2018
edelweiss.plus/#catalogID=4223126&page=1
edelweiss.plus/#catalogID=4233766&page=1
edelweiss.plus/#sku=1401282997&page=1
booksetc.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I don't buy floppies anymore. too much work.

uhh I bought the simon roy habitat trade which was cool as hell. Deadly Class volume five on the way in the mail.

I love Kate!

What's the quality of GL Omnibus?

Not really a purchase but a friend wants a more stylish way to store his comics so I'd said I'd make him one for his birthday, this was just a proof on concept 1:10 scale model to give him an idea, made some mini covers to help the point and the Doomsday clock holder as a scale item as he has it on his shelf, I'll probably make one for myself afterwards if everything goes to plan

Pretty good.

Here are my latest tpb buys. How did I do Sup Forums?

What is that big edition of Solanin?

>Guggenheim
>Hopeless
You did bad.
>Superior
But it kind of balances out.

Did Solanin get repinted in a different edition or something? Anyway I got back from Vegas the other night, ended up finding a pretty good comic shop not far from my hotel and spent like $200 or so in there since they had some pretty good deals. Ended up getting:

Batman/Flash-The Button(Lenticular cover)
Doomsday Clock #1(Lenticular variant)
Tom King's Batman volume one through three

Valiant:
Quantum and Woody volume one
Book of Death
Harbinger Renegades: The Judgement of Solomon
Britannia
Britannia volume two: We Who Are About to Die
Divinity
X-O Manowar volume one

I also completely forgot I got Pyonnyang: A Journey into North Korea and Here's Negan. How did I do Sup Forums? I still have some winnings left so I'm getting more stuff today.

How is batwoman anyway?
I only know she's a crazy bitch not even bruce wants to deal with.

That looks pretty cool although I'm not one hundred percent sure what I'm looking at.

It's the spanish edition from Normal Editorial.

It's basically just a fancy long box that can fit with actual furniture, this is just a scale model though with miniature comics to help visualise what it's going to look like, pic related might give you a better idea

Oh neat!

I got the idea from some online videos and I've got an excuse to build one to see how it looks so why not, it looks better than an ugly longbox

Preflashpoint stuff (collected in a Batwoman by Rucka) is good. The early New52 stuff had really, really good art, but then the creative team quit because DC editorial blocked a planned plot development. The rest of the run was awful. I think the team quite around issue #23.
I haven't read Rebirth yet, but I'm not happy with her being in Detective Comics because she was specifically isolated from the Batfamily.

Pretty cool idea, also the miniatures are cute

has anyone done a trawl of that hatchette catalog? bleedingcool had a couple of weird books from it

all the non-Marvel books are good

Do you have a link? I only saw the DC leak from last week.
That had so many nice double-spreads, but the downside is that the issues feel very short.

collectiondrawer.com

Shipping would be more than material costs alone, this is for a friend as I'm good with tools but I'll likely make my own anyway, this way it's custom and shows off the books, I also don't have to worry about the material going to shit in case of a spillage etc. Thanks for the suggestion though

No problem. Weren't sure if you were aware. Are your prototypes 3D printed?

Marvel Spring/Summer 2018
hachettebookgroup.biz/search/publisher/?q=Marvel&selected_facets=season_exact:Spring/Summer 2018

DC Spring 2018
edelweiss.plus/#catalogID=4223126&page=1

Rich will never show that these sites are where he gets his info because then he'll get less clicks. He'd rather drip-feed clickbait.

>continuing the Legion collections

yessssssssss DC

Yeah, 3d printers are great for this sort of thing though I'm not 100% happy with it, its layers aren't lining up as well as I'd like.

Here's the DC Summer 2018 link:
edelweiss.plus/#catalogID=4233766&page=1

Thanks. I missed it. Their new layout is weird.

Cool concept, though. Keep us updated, please.

Will do, I'll probably make a collection/shelf thread and show it off, but I'll be making it in two weeks, I've got university to worry about first, I just hope that the perspex and drawer runners don't take too long to come, as that's what would really delay the project

School was what kept me from taking up bookbinding and making my own trades. That and money. Good luck!

Anyone think it's weird how they're collecting Metal? I haven't been reading it monthly, but I know Snyder's written some issues not drawn by Capullo's, and they don't seem to be part of the solicit for the main Metal HC. I know the answer here is probably "money" -- why sell one book when they can sell four?

Her solo Rebirth book's first arc was pretty good but the latest storyline has felt like an eternity and it's not holding my interest.

Wood work is a hobby anyway so it's not too bad, it's just that I've got dissertation work to do and that stuff, but this should be a fun project to do over the holidays, might even sell some to a LCS (if they like them) as they've been looking for some new holders and I could do with the spare cash, especially because these shouldn't be difficult to make. And thanks

It looks like one of those Metal collections are already cancelled according to that edelweiss page, so they might still be working out how to collect it.
I wish that The Forge and The Casting were with the main event, but they are instead in a "road to Metal" book with a bunch of back issues

>Grant Morrison Batman omni
I'm in

Didn't one just come out?

Literally JUST got all of these. This Friday I plan on going down to the local flea market comic shop (only one that's nearby, only open on the weekends) and maybe seeing what single issues they got.

I'm thinking of reading Blacksad first.

Fuck, forgot to upload a pic

Black Beetle looks really cool, love the art work. Would you recommend?

It's short, but it is good old noir-adventure fun and intrigue, so if that genre interests you, then yea.

Hopeless did alright on Jean Grey.

Does IST usually have a Christmas sale?
And since an Absolute that doesn't cost my first born child is a pipe dream, what's the best way to get All-Star Superman?

Well their Black Friday deals are still going, so I would guess those will continue through the holidays. They may do more one day sales like they did the weekend leading up to Cyber Monday.

45% of Marvel, DC, Image, and Dark Horse
37% Fantagraphics, Dynamite, Valiant, and BOOM

The only Morrison I'm seeing is Batman Gothic, and it's a TPB, not an Omni.

Hughes' B&V had enough issues out for a trade already?

bumo

edelweiss.plus/#sku=1401282997&page=1

What is it made out of?

What is a good trade to buy to get into the Legion, if you have never read a Legion series before but read a lot of DC from most eras?

Norma Editions are so good

Most recent. I also have the Shintaro Kago book that Fakku published in the mail. I'm so glad he's getting some English releases now. Love his shit.

Got all Cass Batgirl, which is nice.
Btw why is Question Vol 1 always crazy expensive? I got Vol 2 and 3 for four bucks, but Vol 1 sells for over $100 on amazon

fucking scalpers, that's why.

We need some pictures m8

>O'Neil Question

Reprint never ever.

>booksetc.com (EU)
it's www.booksetc.co.uk/ for the last time

(1/4) Post some of your prized possessions, I want to see Sup Forums's favorite stuff.

City of Glass is a great read, have you also read the novel?

(2/4) Love me some Pulphope.

Posted my collection in the last thread we had so as to not double up and bore people, here are my key issues.

I've got more these were just the easily accessible ones.

(3/4)

>too much work
How is it too much work to go into your LCS once a month to pick up your pull? I think it's much more likely that you're a casual.

Glad to see Titan has been reprinting Druillet's stuff, but they butcher it by redoing the letters and colors.

>Not just buying it on Comixology every Wednesday from the comfort of your own home.

> buying digital

wew lad

>digital
Come on man, be serious. You're not ACTUALLY dumb enough to exclusively buy digital comics, are you?

Got these the other day. I don't usually get many opportunities to actually pick up physical shit, so I just kinda grabbed whatever my current focus is on.

What are "Final Crisis" and the yellow/red one? They look interesting.

>not owning it ever and letting some faggot in a suit decide if you can rent it in the future on your own dime

Big DC event from the late 2000's and Watchmen.

>They don't rip the comics they purchase and store them for later.
Weeewwwwww

God tier taste

So you rent them in a worse format and then go to the trouble of ripping them so you can read them again, and you somehow find this more convenient than buying a physical copy?

For fuck's sake dude, at least just order the trade if you can't be bothered to get off your ass.

I do. My floppies are digital and I buy physical trades. And how is digital a "worse" format?

>Buying and reading comics
>ever

I haven't read the novel yet. It's on my bookshelf. I saw the comic had Mazzucchelli on it, so I picked it up. Should I read the novel beforehand?

I'm extremely jealous. Reprint of THB fucking when?

surely you're kidding. why wouldn't you just torrent them in the first place?

Bump

The prototype is 3d printed and a thin layer of laminated plastic, the real thing will be wood and perspex

>not having the absolutes
that was batman and robin by gleason and tomasi

I shouldn't get that Xmen Classic Omnibus right?

1040 is just too many pages right?

they're release it in paperbacks right?

>THB reprint after the Battling Boy movie
Fucking never. The City of Glass novel is a great read, but it doesn't matter if you read one before another.

its possible

Just a little something!

Decided to treat myself to an early Christmas present today.

I don't buy much, more into books than comics, but whateva. Will probably pick up Infinity Gauntlet itself, and Shade, the Changing Girl volume two in February, when the latter comes out.

good choice thats got thanos quest right?

I envy those Madman omnibuses

they werent cheap but there some of the last books id get rid of

Indeed it does!

Here's the rest of my modest collection. I've posted it before.

How's Shade?

atomica was bought from mike allreds personal collection and is signed by him and laura

Is this your picture? If so, can you confirm if Mr. Miracle is in it.

> They used Big Barda on the spine from all the Fourth World characters, above Orion and Darkseid

Someone at DC's collections department knows what's up.