Female character gets redesign and/or character development

>female character gets redesign and/or character development
>hair is shortened

name 5 characters that do this. carol is too obvious, so she doesn't count.

You say that like it's a bad thing

connie

connies appearance has only gotten better as the show has progressed other than midget proportions, which aren't a problem unique to her

>costume change

>I'm a pleb

Disgusting.

It's okay to be gay OP, you're among friends here

>liking long haired girls makes you gay

What's the logic?

>liking long hair on girls makes you gay
I ain't exactly the straightest crayon in the box but what the fuck kind of sense is that?

>being so defenseive you have to samefag with your phone
My man it's 2017, we accept you for you

Carol
Black Widow
Catwoman
Korra
Sakura

The fuck is up with the shit taste on this board today?

>female character realizes that having hair blow in their face all the time is impractical and stupid

yesss bad change

>female character gets redesign
>half-shaved head

Bayonetta

It means guys that are so fucking insecure that they REEEE autistically at short-haired girls, are probably repressed homos

makes perfect sense if you're not a dense fuck

>carol is too obvious, so she doesn't count

>makes perfect sense if you're not a dense fuck
Dude, Evel Knievel couldn't have made that jump.

>he doesn't like girls getting character development

Songbird when right into the gutter when she had short hair, thank god she got it back when she joined AIMvengers

spoken like a true repressed homo

>costume change
>shows more skin than the old one

Shoulder length is the best length. You'd be wrong to disagree.

Short hair on girls is literally fucking disgusting.

Don't feed the frogposter, Sup Forums. I'm disappointed in you.

Now I’m not advocating for using it as a cliche for character growth but I’ll be damned if it doesn’t look great.

>calling samefag instead of providing logic

It's a mixed bag sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't
I think short hair Videl is way better than pigtails

Or maybe I'm just into long hair, and am disappointed when it's made not as long

>not waist length or even longer

Cartoonishly long is obviously far superior

Is that really your takeaway from this?

Whatever fag, be afraid of others questioning your masculinity

You're wrong

>cartoon girl has long blonde hair
>power-up gives her much longer, flowing hair
>also makes it turn into leaves occasionally
What show am I talking about, Sup Forums?

>still trying to say that liking girls with feminine traits makes you gay

I'm starting to question yours

He's not right, but he's not wrong either

You must be too new to know about CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT.

>longmongs this fucking triggered

Winx club?

I don't care

No.

Here's a hint.

Yea man Arnold in Conan was a such a convincing trap

Has a female character ever gotten more feminine from character development, and had it treated as a good thing?

>hair grows longer

Shit taste.

Pic related, I'd imagine

>im a huge fucking pleb: the thread

There are probably some from a tsun perspective where she has become less of a bitch but I can't think of many at the moment.

In general, femininity IRL is associated with physical and mental weakness so I don't see how that would be too common.

Evangeline or however her name is spelt from wakfu

Fite me irl

>implying you don't like gigantic pigtails

Fuck you that Bayo2 design made my dick diamonds.

RRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Katanagatari
>Bakemonogatari
all of the girls with short hair in these anime are better off that way

You're telling me no Sup Forumsntent ever had a tomboy getting a feminine makeover?

Carol's an odd one here because in a lot of fanart and when Latinos and Asians draw her officially she looks like that sexy tall pixie with a lot of confidence you see at hip clubs, a dance recital or the gym

Cassandra Anderson

Lies. Togame was way better and more qt wrapping her ridiculous hair around mapleman. Haven't seen the other animes in the pic, but they look better with long hair but some of the images are a bit busy so it's hard to tell.

That one episode in avatar were toph and katara go to a spa? Yeah. It's a shame we don't see femininity glorified in women like masculinity is..

That's sexist.

They may have had a feminine makeover but not for long

Bayo just cuts her hair because she wants to, not because of character development.

Why would we? Like just imagine an arc where a woman becomes more feminine over time and try to make that interesting or as a realistic response to overcoming conflict

Just try and think of one

Very rarely a permanent one

She's a dirty peasant girl who wants to land a rich husband so she doesn't starve. Bam, realistic response to overcoming conflict.

Also, that's not what I said, you're confusing two anons

Hurr girls have long hair and play with dolls, I heard they have vaginas

Always a shame. Why is this? Why are people so afraid of having girly girls on TV and need to have quirky wacky tomboys in western animation instead as female leads? It's like I watch the same characters in a different show it gets redundant. It's boring after awhile to see the same character reskinned over and over

I wish there were more peasant girls with filthy long hair in stories

So... My Fair Lady?

Women also often have breasts, does liking big tits make you gay?

You're fucking retarded dude. Tomboys are uncommon at best. Girly is and will always be the norm.

I think you can make some really sweet love stories if you approached a character like that. Or a good coming of age story from being a tomboy girl into a more proper woman. It's certainly doable.

Mabel was pretty girly, though most people here don't like her for separate reasons.

>filthy long hair

Ewww dude, think about how that would look irl. If her has to be filthy at least make it short.

>anyone can grow long hair
>men can't get nice tiddies without serious medical intervention
Retard

Even in the 1950s people realized that the end of the arc being that "woman becomes more woman" is uninteresting. The entire message of My Fair Lady is that Eliza was perfect as some dirty streetrat

In real life, maybe, but in fiction, in recent decades at least, tomboys are all over the place

I disagree. I see more tomboy like characters than I do girly ones, especially if we are talking about main characters. The truth is the target demographic for cartoons is mostly boys because of the toys. Hard for boys to like girly girl characters so it's easier to make a girl who is "one of the dudes" as to keep them from dropping the show because they don't like a character.

But it isn't real life. Also, unkempt-ness (there's probably a better word for that) in hair is more noticeable the more hair there is and thus, more appealing to those who like unkempt-ness

You're just suffering confirmation bias or have really low standards for tomboy

I'm afraid it is you who has the shit taste sir.

Long hair is seen, in most cases to be traditionally feminine, even though men can grow long hair, like how muscles are seen as traditionally masculine even though women can get noticeable muscles too.

And you have really low standards for what makes a girly girl

Well what are your standards for tomboy?

And just as an aside, long-haired tomboys are the best kind of tomboy

Yeah, she was actually. I liked her at first, but felt she became really flanderized. I'd have to rewatchable it though to say for sure but I'm pretty sure she became more insufferable later on.

Nigga I ain't saying I like a bald head, but shorter hair is just more pretty and well kept.

Next thing you're gonna tell me girls wearing pants instead of dresses is disgusting. Tight pants>Skirts any day of the week.

>it's another guy who thinks tomboy just means athletic girl whose hobbies don't solely consist of cooking and knitting

How many girly girls have made for good protagonists in cartoons? I'm not saying there aren't any, or even that they're rare necessarily, I'm just curious.

Rapunzel

none

even the generic Lara Croft was a masculine woman, just with huge boobs

You still haven't said what your standards for tomboy are

That's the problem, they wouldn't make the best protagonists. But if I have to drop some names, I'd say classic Disney era heroines are the perfect example of femininity, cinderella in particular.

Personally, my order of preference for bottoms goes dresses, then skirts, then shorts, then pants. I just don't really are for pants on girls, maybe because they cover almost the whole leg

close enough

>not liking poorly kept, unkempt hair

Women can't get anywhere near as muscular as a man without similar medical intervention and their musculature looks different.
For another thing, put a pixie cut, bob or close crop on a man and he looks like a twink or just looks retarded because spoiler alert, they are FEMININE haircuts regardless of length.

>a dress man
A man of fine tastes, I see. Tell me how you feel about minidress vs more formal ones? Personally nothing gets my dick harder than a simple sexy black or red mini dress, but those longer dresses with the leg slits get my dick just as hard too.

Mrs. Brisby from NIMH and maybe Belle from Beauty and the Beast.

I say this as a woman: traditional femininity makes for bland protagonists.