>Homer is wrong

>Lisa leaves Christianity to focus on self
>Lisa is right

Double standards much?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xV0lT3EdMw8
youtube.com/watch?v=vWgI2YAupCM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This strikes me more as a problem with the way Lisa is written than the way the show presents religion.

>Lisa
>ever being wrong

Homer wasn't focusing on his self, he was just being a fat slob.

halfway this, halfway

>Homer leaves Christianity to be a lazy slob
>Lisa leaves Christianity to be a Buddhist

A bit of a difference here.

Homer had two conversations with God about it, Lisa is doing it because "muh Richard Gere'

He wasn't even leaving Christianity, he just didn't feel like going to Church. He still very much believed in God he just figured that if he continues doing (or at least try) to be a good person and has faith then what does it matter if he goes to Church.

God makes pretty clear what he thinks of sloth, arrogance and the general fuckery Homer was engaged in. Let alone turning his back on Krusty's charity.

Well, as far as Lutheran doctrine goes, he is right.
Sola Gratia.
Except he probably never read the bible, doesn’t really think at all about religion outside of church being a hassle and knows nothing of theology, so he is just disappointing his wife there.

>Homer had two conversations with God
his interpretation of god to convince himself his wrongdoing is right

wrong
wrong

youtube.com/watch?v=xV0lT3EdMw8

And then God punished him anyway, as God always does.

Focus on self my ass! Lisa left Christianity in pursuit of the fucking high horse. She doesn't give a fuck about spirituality, or bettering herself. No, Lisa only gives a shit about looking down on the town, and her family. Lovejoy had a choice; either close his doors forever, or sell out so he could provide for his community. Nothing about the religion changed, Lisa just got triggered over some fucking ads that Lovejoy didn't want in the first place. She's not a Buddhist, she's a terrible person looking for any excuse to inflate her own ego

>Chuck leaves his business to Fuck & Suck
>Currently Sneed's

>Sneed takes it over to Feed & Seed
>Formerly Chuck's

Double standards much?

Thats just a dream since he didn't die when god said he would.

>Chalmers leaves his office to enjoy an unforgettable luncheon
>brings champagne

>Skinner leaves his office to enjoy an unforgettable luncheon
>hordes the aurora borealis in his kitchen

Double standards much?

>Skinner lies to everyone about his identity
>worst episode ever

>Skinner lies to Chalmers and his own mother about the presence of the aurora borealis localized entirely within his kitchen
>best bit ever

Double standards much?

I think she did demonstrate that she did care when her family was really trying to push their religion on her to the point where their priest was standing outside the window waiting with anticipation to watch her lick a candy cane.

kek

>Reverend
Reminder that Lisa is right for converting to Buddhism, but Bart and Homer were wrong in wanting to convert to Catholicism from whichever minor Protestant church they were in.

This from the 13th Season Episode 1 "She of Little Faith".

In my opinion, this wasn't The Simpsons I grew up with, it changed.

To me the Simpsons as we once knew it, as the great animated TV show of our time when Season 9 ended.

To me it fell into a coma at the very point
It was on life support at Springfield Hospital from Season 10 to the end of Season 12, getting ready to pull the plug.

It should have died at the end of Season 12, but as bart says:
youtube.com/watch?v=vWgI2YAupCM

Season 13 onwards is what I call "Zombie Simpsons".....the reanimated corpse of a once very proud show.

just my 2 cents

>whichever minor Protestant church they were in

Presbylutheranism

Soon Disney will cancel the Simpsons

Shhh, no more pain

American Reform Presbylutheranism

Lisa turned to Buddhism, which in the US isn't a religion, it's a Belief System™ for wannabe spiritual atheist hippies.

their version of the pope lives in indiana

Blebllebllebl

>season 13

Literally where I stopped watching the show because it got so fucking bad. Even seasons 11 and 12 had a couple half-way decent episodes. 13 was a wasteland.

Do Protties actually have a Pope type guy?
>Implying they won't atleast try hooking up some jumper cables to see that corpse twitch a little harder for some extra cash and then send it back to its typical zombie state so long as it makes its same steady cash flow

mormons might, but in general i think the answer is no

9/11, that was the turning point, we all came down from that turn of the century high

Some have some sort of hierarchy, but not the the same level as Catholic and Orthodox. Most will not have anything higher than a council made from the priest equivalent.

Though there's then stuff like the Anglican Church of England/Scotland/Ireland which is basically Catholic-Lite with the Queen in the Pope's place and no cardinals or nuns.

Steamed hams?

Super Nintendo Chuckmers
Principal Sneedmore Sneedner

WHAT NOW

Homer is wrong because he's shitting up the house, that fucking slob.

A better example would be Homer and Bart leaving Christianity to join the other church with the Irish priest and Marge having a problem with it despite being okay with Lisa being a Buddhist.

>lazy slob
>Buddhist
Those are practically synonyms

He listened to it on tape at least once.

Homer didn't even technically leave Christianity. He was basically just making an excuse to not go to church.

Eh, Season 13 had a couple decent episodes. I kinda liked the one with artie ziff, and the one with stan lee.

>leaving Christianity to join the Catholic Church

>You broke my Batmobile!
>Broke, or made it better?
Then he hums Spiderman while hiding DC books behind Marvel titles.

Sounds right, catholic church is just a pagan fertility cult in a disguise.