3 weeks

>3 weeks

Will WB go full retard again to correct this disaster?

Other urls found in this thread:

sys.Sup
looper.com/97003/warner-bros-lose-100-million-justice-league/
quora.com/What-percentage-of-box-office-revenues-goes-to-the-makers-of-the-movie-When-a-movie-is-said-to-have-made-10M-in-the-box-office-how-much-of-that-goes-to-the-movie-makers
stephenfollows.com/how-a-cinemas-box-office-income-is-distributed/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>What do those nerds want?
>I don't know, put Harley in every movie from now on.
Yes

I bet that Hack Snyder will still direct Man of Steel 2 and JL 2

He will keep those 2 trilogies and possibly be the main producer of another.

Also I wouldn't be surprised if they gave WW3 to him.

Can they please have Hack Synder fuck off for good now

Warner's first big mistake was hiring Zack Snyder for Man of Steel.
Warner's second big mistake was hiring Zack Snyder for Batman v Superman.
Warner's third big mistake was hiring Zack Snyder for Justice League.

They made their bed. Now lie in it, you fucking idiots.

YOU UNDERESTIMATE MY POWER

I don't understand how a 300 million budget movie with Batman is underperforming this bad, and I don't blame critics they don't have to real influence on the average moviegoer ,one of those Transformers movies critics hated made a 1 billion bucks , one of those Pirates of the Caribbean movies critics hated made 1 billion bucks and yet the Justice League won't and WB can consider themselves lucky if it crosses the $700 mark.

The best part is people blaming Whedon and WB for this shit instead of Snyder.

WB is the best live action studio in the world with more oscars and classics than any other, Whedon was always a famous director and almsot everything he did was a sucess

Snyder in the other hand? If you're older than 20 you remember how every single movie made by him was a joke, "normie trash" "mindless fun" "cheap blockbuster"

>not even 200m after 3 weeks
Holy shit.

All threads related to sales, review scores, and television ratings are inherently cancerous due to the fact that the entry barrier for discussion of the topic is completely non-existent. This means that any mentally ill, subhuman sociopath like the OP can go to google, search for box office results and post something along the lines of "LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL _______KEKS BTFO!!!!!!!!!". Furthermore, any "discussion" in the thread has absolutely nothing meaningful to do with the media work itself.
This thread, and all future ones need to be reported on sight.
sys.Sup Forums.org/co/imgboard.php?mode=report&no=97303183&altc=1

Even assuming Zack Snyder is kicked out, how are they going to reconcile the burning diaper pile that preceded his departure? Making standalones with no references to other productions? Reboot?

Pull a Fox and make a Logan

>Pull a Fox and make a Logan

Nevermind, just pull the plug

Reboot please. Make Supes a bit older, no more young Supes finding out how to do what he does. Make it hopeful. Don't make the culmination a drag-out slobberknocker fight.

But we won't get that. Ever.

I mean that kind of applies to Whedon too. Avengers was such a dumb normie blockbuster movie and that's to say nothing of Age of Ultron.

And give up WW2 after it made 100 millions more in profit than fucking spiderman movie?

Nah

Damn, Zack. Calm down... your wife still has enough power to let you direct and produce several more $200+ million turkeys.

Avengers 1 and 2 were ok.
Wonder Woman and Homecoming were ok

Snyder movies in the other hand are not fucking OK, he made Superman believe that "no one stay god on this planet" he made Batman kill dozens with guns, he turned flash into a weird faggot.

Wonder Woman- 8/10 film
Spiderman Homecoming- 11/10. 10/10 on its own merits, extra point for perfectly executing, integrating, and building on the shared universe

Some theathers in my country are airing JL till this week. Then it will go full 3x2 ticket sales in 1 cinema room for 1 more week before its replaced.

Shit pic. Shit bants. Step up senpai.

Flashpoint and reset the universe. It's clear as day.
JL is going to be a disapointment. And people are not happy with Snyder's vision.
WB wants to retconn shit
Ben is leaving and old Batman isn't a good idea for a movievearse
Matt Reeve is looking for another Batman already and wants a young one.
They are going to flashpoint to fix the time line and recast people. Like Xmen did with days of future past and Xmen origins.

Simple
>kill Bruce and Barry, replace them with Dick Grayson and Wally West
>Make Superman older and more experienced after a decade of being a superhero and made him create a no kill rule, turn him identical to post crisis/rebirth superman personality wise.

I tried :(

No need to kill any of them.
With a reboot you're free to recast whoever you want without consequences, and you know people would get up in arms if Bruce Wayne were to be replaced.

We would need to wait a generation to make a reboot.

Honestly just a course correct should be fine, this can still just be "That weird early phase".

Just double down on Wonder Woman, focus on her as the tentpole character/films with the others circling around her, since she's the best they've done so far (though Aquaman could also do alright). Crank out a WW2 that features a cameo/supporting role of either Flash or Cyborg to build them up a bit too and work WW into a mentoring and leading role in the group.

They just need to put more focus on what they've already done right instead of endlessly trying to do supes and bats right.

They will Flashpoint within the next 5 years. Mark my words.

Flashpoint means using Snyder shitty version of flash as the protagonist and keeping him alive.

COIE is the best way to go, kill Barry just like he died in the comics

>Will WB go full retard again to correct this disaster?

Going full retard implies that WB have any settings OTHER than "full retard."

We all know that they'll keep the current actors with the exception of Ben Affleck who wants out of the Batman role.

pretty much
adapt kingdom come with a lot of older actors (those wanting or have wanted to do a capemovie)
but wb/dc will use it as a vehicle for a reboot. i.e. in the end when superman/clark, bruce, and wonderwoman are having lunch they're going to pan outside and see an older barry looking in and seeing a newspaper on how the world barely survived this disaster.
he then decides that 'we can do better' and then take off into the speed force.
he comes out right after ezra miller gets hit by lightning. he tells himself, 'barry the world needs you'

then trailer for 'flashpoint'

The story of Kingdom Come isn't very good.. It's just famous for Alex Ross's art

They could literally just film an adaptation of The Dark Knight Returns and it would be a success.

wtf...this isn't a disaster. $570 million in three weeks is great for most movies.

The problem is finding good enough actors willing to prop up Gadot's 'acting' and trying to keep that facade going before the audience notices what's actually going on.

Not when the budget is over $300 million...

don't forget the studio won't get all that money. Part of them belongs to the theathers and remember they also spent near $300m on advertisement.

This.
Is correct, for a movie of $150 million or less, it would have been great.
But rule of thumb, is that a film has to at least double it's official budget to break even. And for a film with this many resources put into it, it's not enough to break even. You need to get around $1 billion to be considered a success.

This is not most movies, this is one of the most expensives things ever made, and their answer to The Avengers, and made less than the first Iron Man on opening weekend. With fucking Batman and Superman on it.

>Spiderman Homecoming- 11/10. 10/10 on its own merits, extra point for perfectly executing, integrating, and building on the shared universe

This thread is mostly Marvel Fanboys jerking off

Did you not went and see the movie yourself? I watched marvel movies and they're garbage, specially GotG 1 & 2.

>Flashpoint and reset the universe. It's clear as day.
You want Warner to waste a few hundred million dollars on Flashpoint? Why not just reboot hard and start new?

The movie reportedly cost 600m, my dude.

looper.com/97003/warner-bros-lose-100-million-justice-league/

>don't forget the studio won't get all that money.
Especially the foreign box office.

>quora.com/What-percentage-of-box-office-revenues-goes-to-the-makers-of-the-movie-When-a-movie-is-said-to-have-made-10M-in-the-box-office-how-much-of-that-goes-to-the-movie-makers
>stephenfollows.com/how-a-cinemas-box-office-income-is-distributed/

>Kindom come
Kys retard.
They are going to keep Gal and her WW movie for sure.

I've been saying this for a while: ignore everything except the Wonder Woman movie, recast everyone else on the Justice League, focus on an initial phase of standalone reboots and come back to a Justice League reboot in about 5 years.

CARRY ON MY WAYWARD SON

It wasn't a generation between Batman & Robin and Batman Begins.

Finally, an user who gets it.

Both Transformers and Pirates had a solid first movie, and both had a sequel make more money than the first one. But then both start raking in less cash with each next movie as their quality declines. People see the movie is shit, and so less people go see the next one. JL is a direct sequel to BvS, and that was one of the biggest piles of shit in recent history.

>.this isn't a disaster

It's the Justice League. That domestic should have been what it made opening weekend

Meanwhile, Thor has thundered past $800 Million

>Will WB go full retard again to correct this disaster?

What would you say is a full retard response?

It still hasn't matched The Avengers' opening weekend.

-Making another JL movie without spending some time rebuilding their reputation
-Hiring Zack Snyder again
-Spending $300mil on a movie

Any of those would be full retard.

It needs $750 million+. We're reaching the point where theatres will soon begin to phase JL out for new releases.

>It's the highest grossing DC film in China

I will never understand those people

Wow
I feel like ripping on JL at this point is like kicking a downed kid

Is it weird that I really want to see Harley interacting with a Whedon-directed Superman? Say what you will about quips, he nailed that part of the movie. And I want to see what her "I need a brain to open up and destroy" or whatever bullshit when confronted with a boy scout with the power of a god.

>Do you want to hear a joke? Harley Quinn vs Superman

the really shitty CGI reminds them of their own movies.

well...fuck

It's crazy how Affleck wants out already.

Getting thrown off as Director for the Batman movie and his and Geoff Johns's script being thrown out must have demotivated the shit out of him.

Why doesn't Disney just buy DC comic. They are going through a 60 billion dollar deal for fox, they should fuck that and go after DC characters. Having Batman and Superman movies will be more money grabbers than xmen. Also having a Avengers vs JL movie in the works would become the biggest movie of all time.

Didn't he write and produce Sucker Punch too?

And co-write Man of Steel?

I hope he never get hired again in his life though, what a fucking lack of professionalism.

I mean, DC hire fucking Matt Reeves for his movies, Matt is the best director to ever work on DCEU/MCU and he wants out?He couldn't even keep fit for his damn role.

Affleck is a washed up drunk, he brought his buddy Terrio who wrote that Martha garbage, couldn't handle his life falling apart because his wife rightly took him to the cleaners and he couldn't handle the pressure and then he get's fat knowing that there was a possibility of reshoots

Fuck him, he's a part of the problem

>Why doesn't Disney just buy DC comic

Because WB wont sell. If the At&t merger happens they will be more powerful than Disney will ever be

He's sucker punch director and producer, the whole thing was pretty much his personal project, that's what happen when he get's the "complete freddom" that his retarded fans demand WB to give to him.

I mean, the faggot turned batman into a murderer,superman into a pessimistic faggot and wonder woman hidding from 100 years without helping anone and they want to give him EVEN MORE FREDOM?

>Legend of the Guardians has only 50%
Damn, really? I actually really liked that one.

It's that and also the spotlight. Ben seems to hate the spotlight now that his personal life is a fucking mess. Ben just fucked up and didn't know what he was getting into. WB actually wanted Gosling but he didn't want to be in contracted for mutiple movies. WB wants Batman to be this big Nick Fury like role that will have cameos throughtout movies but the problem is that most big stars don't want to do that. What they should do is get a young fresh face actor who has the time and passion to do a shit ton of same role film. Like they did with Henry and Gal, or what marvel does. It was stupid to get a big a lister and expected him to stay on long. It's like they think everyone is like based Hugh Jackman. But Jackman only stayed on because he was grateful because wolverine put him on the map. Let Ben go and get a new young actor and don't make the same mistake with another big actor like Jake Gyllenhaal.

>They are going to keep Gal and her WW movie for sure.
They can do that easily, without wasting an entire film about rebooting. Just say the two films she is solo in is canon, while her cameos in BvS and JL are not. Solved. No need to make a Flashpoint film that would have Wonderwoman portrayed as evil, thus tarnishing her reputation.

I just want WB to stop fucking over these characters already. Admit you messed up by giving Snyder the Okay and just stop.

It's annoying to open up new book release only to see a shitty ad for another one of these shitty movies.

Also the last thing we need now is MORE character desconstruction.

They could just give up and try to find "The Next Big Thing", beat the competition to it this time. Who knows what could be wildly popular after superhero fatigue sets in? Future noir space thrillers? Animated movies based on surrealist works of art? Or, dare I say it, intriguing standalone original scripts that could kickstart new IP's?

>Who knows what could be wildly popular after superhero fatigue sets in?
At this point anyone who still believe in "Superhero Fatigue" is delusional.

Making superhero films is hard. That's all. So if you don't take the job seriously you fuck up. The majority of superhero films in the past failed because no one think it was hard. And even today, most film studios outside Marvel still think Cape films are easy. So they keep fucking up.

Can we take a step back for a second and acknowledge that a movie making half a billion dollars can be considered a "failure"?

I'm not gonna comment on the quality of the movie, just the numbers, but jesus christ how fucked is it that a movie can be worth more than the GDP of Norway and still be unsuccessful?

m8, its bound to happen sometime, especially with DC dropping out of the race and leaving only Marvel to monopolize the genre. In fact, I'd argue its already happened to everyone BUT Marvel, Joe Public only has eyes and energy for Marvel stuff and nothing else now. And maybe the Deadpool part of the Fox capeshit stuff, if that survives the belly of the whale that is Disney

>At this point anyone who still believe in "Superhero Fatigue" is delusional.

Gee, spaghetti westerns sure are popular these days.

They're just gonna stop.

Aquaman is gonna happen, but it's gonna underperform and everyone's gonna forget it in a month.

We're gonna get a Wonder Woman 2 eventually.

Everything else will be quietly cancelled and they'll just go back to casting a new guy as Batman once a decade

Honestly, I'd be happy with their focus turning to making good games for DC heroes. WB CAN make good capeshit vidya, they just need to drop that nasty microtransaction habit. I hear a Rocksteady Superman game is in the works, so yeah...that could be cool

>more than the GDP of Norway

HA! What a shithole

>Not even $600M yet
>TLJ comes out next week

It’s already over.

Superhero fatigue is very much a thing.
It's just taking longer, because superhero movies have tonal breadth by design. You can watch Captain America and Guardians of the Galaxy in the same year and have no problems because they're two fundamentally different movies, even if they share a universe and market appeal. Westerns died out quick because after you've seen one or two of them, you've basically seen them all. Superhero movies don't have that problem.

BUT, the longer they go on, the more similarities, tropes and patterns will pop up, and that's where fatigue comes from. We've already seen it in the trailer for Infinity War.
Ten years ago, Nick Fury got a cameo in Iron Man, and everyone lost their shit. Today, Thanos choke-slams spiderman, and all anyone can comment on is how he looks like a purple Guy Fiery. So it's very clearly happening. It's just taking longer because superhero movies have more thematic elbow room

>Gee, spaghetti westerns sure are popular these days.
They are still getting made, they are just not set in America anymore. And before they were Westerns, they were Japanese Samurai films first. And besides inspiring Westerns, Samurau films also inspired Star Wars.

But let's be realistic, the reason you say there is superhero fatigue, is to justify to yourself why your favourite DC films are failing. Despite Logan, Wonder Woman, and Thor 3 making good money.

>BUT, the longer they go on, the more similarities, tropes and patterns will pop up, and that's where fatigue comes from. We've already seen it in the trailer for Infinity War.
Frankly your sour grapes is showing. And you are going to ignore IW's success once it screens and insist that the NEXT film will fail.

How about trying again, this time with a coherent train of thought?

If you really think about it though, there aren't all that many genres that completely disappeared from the face of the earth like the western did even when fatigue kicked in. Superhero movies are probably more akin to the action hero movies of the 80s and 90s. They'll no doubt have a drop in popularity sometime in the near future, but they'll never disappear completely.

>How about trying again, this time with a coherent train of thought?
If you have no idea what i am talking about, you know nothing about Westerns. And as such your usage of We3sterns as your example is misguided just like Snyder is misguided about superheroes.

Either do this or a soft reboot. Keep the JL actors they have now but hire directors who can actually get a worthwhile performance out of them. I'm not the biggest fan of Cavill but I think with someone else calling the shots, he can potentially be good. Let him be something else other than a fucking stoic constantly. I think everyone on the JL team is basically fine except for the Flash. Either recast him or rewrite the character entirely so that he's not an ADHD sperg. Also leave out Cyborg from the next JL movie but give him a TT movie.

Recast where appropriate, meaning Lex fucking Luthor, the Joker (if not doing what should be done with Ezra Miller and just rewriting the character and asking what's-his-face to reinvent his portrayal of the character), maybe Amy Adams, and so on.

>and all anyone can comment on is how he looks like a purple Guy Fiery.
Maybe on Sup Forums and Sup Forums. You do realize that the infinity war trailer is currently at almost 90 million views after less than a week, making it the most watched superhero trailer of all time by a huge margin. And not a single one of the top comments is about Thanos looking like a purple Guy Fiery.

>Omae wa mou shindeiru

I really, REALLY don't think Infinity War will make anything less than literally all the money. Of course it will.
But these bubbles have a tendency to be extremely successful until they aren't. They're not subtle or gradual. It took less than a year to kill off the Spagetti Western. A similar thing happened to the New Hollywood movement in the late 1990s; A Stanley Kubrick movie starring Tom Cruise seemed like a sure thing in 1999, but Eyes Wide Shut absolutely bombed and killed the whole movement dead.

I don't think Infinity War will kill it, unless it's particularly bad. But the sentiment is bubbling. All it'll take is one bad movie that's supposed to be good, and the longer it takes, the less bad that movie actually has to be. I give it another two years. Five on the outside.

What WB is going to get from this is that people hate snyder. Whedon will write and direct JL 2 and Ben will be recasted. In all honestly it's not THAT bad really.

I'll be a bit more general and say "sometime this decade". After IW 1 & 2 I think they need to slow down, take a breather, let people yearn for heroes again.

>All it'll take is one bad movie that's supposed to be good,

But DC has already released plenty of those without having had any major impact on the industry as a whole. And their own demise WAS a subtle and gradual process, not one big blowout failure.

>I don't understand how a 300 million budget movie with Batman is underperforming this bad

It's really very simple. Screening it weeks after the another, widely anticipated capeshit film that was a guaranteed hit, and weeks before goddamn Star Wars that everyone and their pet parrot will go see. How exactly would anything perform well in the squeeze of these giants? They were being fucking idiots with the release date, it's that simple.

Wonder Woman will continue, but basically ignoring everything except her own movie. Batman will get rebooted because he's sure to make money again if someone can do it even half-right. They might make a Harley Quinn movie even if SS2 doesn't happen. Maybe in another decade they'll try Superman again. And JL will be it for the rest of them, unless Aquaman does decent business (unlikely). The DCEU experiment should now be considered dead.

If you told anyone Thor 3 would be considered a box office giant and JUSTICE LEAGUE needed to plan its release window to avoid competing with Thor 3, people would have laughed at you.