What did Coco do that Book of Life didn't do already?

What did Coco do that Book of Life didn't do already?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GNjvzX6gw0s
youtube.com/watch?v=xRJM6pxNl_o
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Make money.

Fucking EVERYTHING

The advertising for Coco is the worst I’ve seen since “The Good Dinosaur”. I’m sure it was a hit in California and Mexico and had decent ads over there but in general- holy SHIT what the hell were they doing?

run a good concept into the ground and try to trademark it for evil reasons

Not have an obnoxious Mary Sue character for a love interest

Make me cry manly tears.

A good movie.

Being popular

Book of Life mostly used the trappings of Day of the Dead to retell the Greek myth of Orpheus and pretend that bullfighting is something Mexicans actually do when that was always more of a Spanish thing.

Coco actually focuses on the holiday and its meanings and uses Mexican culture a lot more.

The truth can be a bit bitter sometimes.

This. Book of life was utter shit with cringy writing and directing and I honestly regret giving it a chance

I haven't seen Coco but Book of Life had pretty bad writing with an incredibly mediocre and cliched plot and while some decent characters, others being extremely one dimensional .

Whilst visually looking worse, I could imagine Coco being better in regards to writing.

fpbp

While I did kind of enjoyed Book of Life, there was something about it that ultimately didn't make me love it.

I think Coco's story was just cleaner and tighter for me. Coco has a lot of heart and weight in it, too. And the "gurrl power" was just too in your face in Book of Life, too. Speaking of "girl power", Imelda in Coco (Coco's mom) had flaws (she held a grudge, etc) but ultimately she showed actual "girl power" that other movies/stories try so hard but ultimately fail: she worked hard for her family to survive and had to endure being a single parent. I think that shows strength. So I appreciate that they showed a woman's strength, but not make her perfect or better than all the "silly boyz".

This. Coco is actually about the holiday. I'm not really into romance plots like in Book of the Dead, so I appreciate Coco more.

Coco make me understand how importance of Día de Muertos than Book of Life did

youtube.com/watch?v=GNjvzX6gw0s

I haven't seen coco, but Book of Life needed to have something more to it. I loved the designs, songs and the bright colors, but it didn't have me take anything away from it. I feel like if they hadn't had the subplot with the kids hearing the story they could of used those 12 or so minutes to do something more with the actual plot or given a few more scenes it needed.

sweetie noo Coco is the lowest preforming pixar film to date

>bullfighting is something Mexicans
Bullfighing is an important tradition is many mexicans states. Just because pussies SJW hate it, it isn't less important.
>Coco actually focuses on the holiday and its meanings and uses Mexican culture a lot more
Coco made it very cartoony.

Not have a shitty fucking field trip as a framing device.

Wow that fucking sucked. Thank god I never watched the book of life

Made a bunch of Mexicans cry apparently
Shots fired

Well, judging from reviews, its not the same aside from being themed around the same holiday.

And most have said the book of life is worth checking out regardless of how you felt about coco... Unless you dislike the holiday itself.

Hold the fuck up.

I was with you until that last line. Coco was the more cartoony one compared to comically proportioned people and skeletons with a overly enthusiastic Ice Cube playing as the Candle Maker? With scenes like the fucking following?
youtube.com/watch?v=xRJM6pxNl_o

>What did Coco do that Book of Life didn't do already?
It removed the sexy skeletons.

I love that moment when she calls Hector "the love of my life" only to deny it afterwards.

It is a weird holiday.

the plot doesn't revolve around a love triangle