Scary Go Round

What in the actual fuck Scout

I know you shouldn't stick your dick in crazy, but....

I mean, has Scout just tried fucking her dad yet? Could work

You know, I'm not saying I agree, but I get it. On some level, this feels like the natural progression of a super-scientist whose dad was too busy with their new family to teach the new generation the applicable morality of their potentially universe-warping genius, and whose mother probably spent 15+ years berating the new step-mother and blaming her for everything.

>Scout was who killed Shelley in early SGR, leading to zombie Shelley
>She also sabotaged the machine that led Tim back to Shelley in the first place

Goddamn, that's a mammoth amount of insanity.

Like, fuck, he was happy IN WALES until you blew up the house.

Well, in fairness to this crazy bitch, the implication here is that even if she didn't do that, he still drifts away from her mom and back to Shelly.

I mean, this was meant to be the final story in SGR, so it makes sense some shit would be tied up, but goddamn I can't help but wonder if he planned this for years or if he just managed to have this inspiration as his last gasp.

She doesn't have natural read hair. It just wont' take with this guy. He's addicted to mad science and fire pussy and he's proven he can quit the mad science as long as he's got the second one.

... so I'm guessing you are from a broken home?

She's saying that no matter what happens he'll leave Riley for Shelley. She's trying to fight fate and learning the hard way about fixed points in time.

I'm in love

Well shucks, at least buy me dinner first.

IT WAS ME SHELLEY!

So, Shelley and Esther, his two most major characters have been involved in cheating. Does Allison have a secret cuck fetish?

Are you a child?

>Tim was never a catastrophic failure vortex
>it was just Scout trying to sabotage him
bah gawd

If scout hadn't tried to sabotage Tim maybe things would have been slightly better. Like if she hadn't killed Shelley so many times maybe Tim would have gotten real fucking tired of her antics

Was Scout really behind all of Shelley's problems? Like most of them still had to have been of her own making right

seems like just the murders

Thids comic id from 2002?

How far in advance do you think this was his endgame?

Allison doesn't strike me as someone who retcons.

i think he leaves loose ends everywhere and then revisits them with things so out there you cant contradict. he said in interviews hes not good at planning these things out but who knows

He's just making it up as he goes along.

He literally forgot Erin existed, which is sort of appropriate, but he doesn't really plan these things out.

when did he forget erin existed? shes appeared in every series hes done

And she's a lot different personality wise from when she left SGR. He basically reinvented her character when he reintroduced her.

time in hell just does that you. time in hell and being forgotten by everyone

I'm not saying it's unnatural or poor writing (just the opposite really), but he admitted it on his old blog. That's the real reason she's different.

he's definitely more self-deprecating than anything, like he says he's terrible at continuity but he really isnt

that or he's very good at characters, like throughout all of bad machinery there's hints that Lottie has a crush on Linton, which was a minor joke at the end of SGR

Huh. Were her earliest attempts trying to kill Shelley, then? So she didn't go crazy over time when she started this; she was mad from the beginning.

That said, maybe she was concentrating her efforts in the wrong direction. I mean, blowing up their family home, she was thinking about Tim, but she never considered that Riley would be the one to kick him out for that mishap? She's got tunnel vision. She should have been trying to find ways to improve the relationship between her parents rather than trying to guilt Tim into staying or getting rid of Shelley entirely.

there's probably some stable time loop bullshit where her family would be fine if she hadn't started meddling in the first place.

she implied that even without blowing up the home Shelley and Tim hooked up at some point, and she can only go forward, I assume for only 1 'loop'

I knew it. I goddamn knew it. Scout is 100% responsible for her parents breakup. Now she just has to figure that out.

I mean, sure, it seems like from her point of view they broke up anyway, but we can't be certain this isn't just a closed time loop yet.

Yeah, seems pretty accurate. Tim being "too busy" with his new family makes sense -- both because Shelley probably made things completely insane, and because even a little busy may be "too busy" for young Scout -- and her mom has made her position pretty clear, despite also being the one who threw Tim out in the first place.

the worst part is Tim only left because he covered for Scout. She only hastened the decay

if she exists as she is it's because Tim cheated with Shelley. shes basically trying to commit suicide

the beard is growing on me i have to admit

>I mean, sure, it seems like from her point of view they broke up anyway, but we can't be certain this isn't just a closed time loop yet.
I mean. She would have remembered her home being blown up, wouldn't she?

Time shenanigans may make of immune to rolling time line changes

ok so there was the Destroy History style of time travel, the Forked Road style, the teapot and now this time rod.

How flexible is time in tackleford? is time rifts the source of the crazy madness?

Tim Jones is a fucking mad man

I mean yeah, that’s indisputable but I was more talking about all the monsters and weird magic shit

Potentially?

I’m really hoping for the Mystery Teens to take over Giant Days when the cast have to eventually graduate

I wanna learn more about Claire’s band, Go Kart Konspiracy, Jacks always been the musical one of the group so I hope he gets involved in some way

Countdown to her pashing Jack

Allison’s fetish is clearly legs

Who is best boy? Best girl?
My vote is for Jack and Mildred, they’re the most competent of the lot

Lottie and Linton

>mildred
>competent

You're thinking of Shauna and only Shauna

Clearly Mystery Boys v. Mystery Girls turns into a battle of the bands as they approach late secondary school.
Both bands continue to solve mysteries, in finest Hannah Barbera stylez.

Not an argument

He strikes me as more of the critical type. I wouldn't be surprised if he took over for Dr. Ladysounds for the annual album of the year list.

Jack and Lottie are the most competent respectively, but Lottie's attitude drags me the wrong way sometimes so I'd same Mildred for her teasing of Jack during the dance.

Nerd

Mildred overall has a solid success rate, I can’t remember her making things worse

idk if he could ever replace dr ladysounds. I wanna see how the subplot of him learning guitar goes before Lottie and Claire pick up an instrument and suddenly know how to play

Claire isn't even remotely a main character (yet), it's entirely possible she learned to play an instrument in the vast swathes of time we don't see her

Not that far. He's been revisiting his old work and redrawing some of the old comics. It's far more likely that he's just picking up loose threads.

Mildred is pure sex.

>tfw no qt Amazon crushing on you

of course I forget the image

This thread is all I know about the series. She's not born/conceived yet but still exists?
How the fuck does that work?

what? Scout is a child in the present day

>massive spunk

Does... does this imply something different in England?

So she's just an 11-17(?) year old obsessed with killing her stepmother because she never had a happy family?
Sorry, I expected wackier hijinks.

it does

but it also still means the other thing so, you know

then read the rest of the comic, I don't know

The scout depicted in OP is a 17(?) year old version of the 11-year-old Scout we've seen in previous comics. She's obsessed with splitting her father and stepmother up because she doesn't think she ever got all the attention she deserved... and has thus apparently caused a lot of the danger we've seen her stepmother "survive" throughout the rest of the series.

Still pretty wacky.

Her step-siblings are monsters, which isn't all that far fetched.

She's from the year 2030. She's a bit older than 17.

Fair point. Mid-20s probably.

Either way, she has now repeatedly traveled back in time to try and force her parents back together in incredibly convoluted (Tim Jones-ian, in fact) ways.

Or so she says. Which might mean that they're... well, like Shelley, so pretty monstrous. Or it might just mean that she doesn't like them and has thus chosen to see them as awful because of what they represent.

Anyway, I'm going to call it right now that either 20-something Scout inadvertently kills Tim, or is the one that causes 11-year-old Scout to understand the change in her life and that her parents aren't going to get back together.

I guess. It's not like Shelley is entirely blameless in this: she purposely seduced Tim and threw away her birth control to trap him with a baby.

Oh yeah. Still her fault, even if it is typical Shelley behavior.

But it runs up against three problems:
A) The comic tends to defend Shelley's insanity, or at least resolve in a way that forgives her.
B) The comic likes to swing towards largest drama potential (though thankfully skirting away from annoying ones, and going more for zany options).
C) 20-something Scout is definitely being played up as somewhat villainous here.

There's still room for some Shelley comeuppance here, but since she hasn't really been played as in the wrong so far (and to be fair, Tim *was* separated and Riley wasn't talking to him), its likely that will continue.

I don't think Allison's ever defended Shelley. In fact most of her shit got called out by Amy.

It doesn't help that there's very little that could emotionally harm Shelley at this point.

But Lottie though. She’s been described as a sonic catastrophe. Though I hope Go-Kart Conspiracy is going to be revealed as just a noise band, esp. if Shauna is on vocals with death metal growls

She bloody well is, I hope she and Jack hook up, be The Boy and Esther 2.0 without the bullshit break up

Oh god I hope he and Esther don’t move in together I don’t want them to EVER date it’d be awful and it’d undermine his getting over her

Tim and Riley is Ross and Rachel

HA HA GUESS WHAT user

She’s definitely not blameless but she dies enough that I say she’s karmicly fairly neutral. She’s a meddler which is fine if she doesn’t always end up meddling in catastrophe

that seems like the joke Allison will go with, especially with Blossom's audition

NOOOOOOOOO LET ED FUCK THE AMAZON HES ALREADY FUCKED BIG LINDSAY JUST LET HIM HAVE THIS

As a friend Esther is ok, as a girlfriend she’d be fucking awful, she was a better person in high school

Which makes Ryan and Amy Chandler and Monica? I'm willing to accept this.

They make fun of Jack a lot for sounding awful, but I hope that’s good natured banter to keep jack from becoming the series ultimate puss slayer

Also
>those Mildred legs hot damn

They’re absolutely Chandler and Monica, they’re happily in love with very little drama.

God it’s incredible that Ryan and Amy turned out as the most mature of the bunch

Len is over the moon, to be sure.

Jack is a fool to pass those legs up.

Jack has been burned by pretty girls who are also dangerous nutters before

Really? Like who? I genuinely can’t recall

And hopefully they do get together. I hope this wasn’t him sinking the ship, they’d be very cute together

What happened to that french girl, have we heard from her? I mean, with this pregnancy time skip what grade are the kids even in?

Mimi? She went to France and stopped existing. She really wasn’t that crazy just a little emo

I wonder when Mildred started fancying Jack, I wanna day before Space is the Place

I hope we'd get the trip to France, but we're probably past that point

“It's the final week of Bad Machinery. Mildred and Jack: star-crossed lovers or a fox and a chicken? I'm really not sure. I don't think they're sure either.”

Teasing that in the final week what does it mean

I wanna know if Lottie is gonna have a crush on him too

The box says no.

Lottie most likely has a crush on Linton, though her first love is mystery.

I wonder how she’s gonna react if she ever finds out Blossom pashed Linton.

I think it’d be funny if all the girls fancy’d Jack at some point. Jack imo is a solid catch

No, no that's like final year, and I don't think the Mystery Kids are quite graduating yet.

Jack is basically The Boy 2.0, they’re both kinda normal sorta techy/nerdy guys that girls find super attractive

Only Jack had a lot more to his character, he’s a lot cooler as well in universe with the music, sense of style and mystery solving and a growing confidence that came from being a kid detective.

The things Mildred liked about Eustace are probably what she likes about Jack, Mildred has a type and it’s nerdy boys

He’s been asked about it on his tumblr. He just doesn’t have enough material to write a Claire and Lottie go to France comic, although I would like to see that if he gets a better handle on Claire as a character after making her an official mystery teen

The mystery kids going to France together for a post graduation holiday together and having to solve a mystery sounds like a good plot