Why didn't more people like this movie? I thought it was great?

Why didn't more people like this movie? I thought it was great?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4ekLcUyDWaU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Not really as advertised.

Merida’s a cunt whose only redeeming quality is her looks

This. The whole movie being conveyed through the trailer made me and others believe it was supposed to be a "Find your own Path" story and instead what we got was "Try to turn my mom back from being a bear" story. Robot Chicken said it best: "The trailer was very misleading."

youtube.com/watch?v=4ekLcUyDWaU

She's a shit character with a down syndrome face.

I wanted How to tame your dragon, All I got was Mother Bear.

Sounds about right. Nearly causes a civil war because she doesn't want to marry a guy to keep the peace. Bitches at her mother for said arranged marriage, turns mother into bear and nearly gets her killed because whole castle thinks bear ate the queen. Accidently gets her 3 younger siblings turned into bears with the same pastry, who are also near killed for being bears. Never actually solves any of these problems herself, they just sort of solve themselves. Never learns any kind of responsible behavior, relationship with mother restored, remains a self entitled cunt till the end of the movie.

people dont like imperfect characters, but also the story was a big mess

If you are trying to imply that being a complete cunt us on par with being a balanced and flawed character, you can fuck right off with that shit.

People like imperfect characters that suffer for their imperfections.
Bojack Horseman is an imperfect character. Spider-man is an imperfect character.
The cast of Seinfeld are all imperfect characters.
And so life punishes them.

Merida gets to be imperfect and still has her way all the time. She, like Lisa Simpson, is grating because of it.

She's a ginger

I found her entertaining and I really didn't mind her cunt attitude

They sold her as gurrl powah, but then nothing.

I remember seeing some the early trailers for it making seem like a fairy tale in the Scottish Highlands, it was not that. It was not that at all.

Like a bunch of people are saying, they advertised it as The Secret of Kells, but gave Freaky Friday instead.

The worst offender in my opinion, much more so than the bait and switch thing, was that they made the mother silent for a good part of the film when the whole fucking thing rested on those two and their interactions. Who the fuck thought that would be a good idea?

One of the worst Pixar movies up to date, ironically this is when Disney movies started to git gud.

7/10

solid film, pretty good, a little slow at times, but really comfy and nice.

A trouble production will do that, it had like 3 different directors pulling it in different directions, so at some point a movie had to be scrapped together from each of those different directions so what we got is scatter brained as a result.

It wasn't a bad movie, but it didn't deserve the award it stole from a superior movie.

The thing is that the film is clearly unsure of where to go with Merida. It tries to push that she's this free spirit who can do anything right out the gate, but then she takes food and luxury, but then she doesn't want to deal with a situation that, while unfair, was basically an eventuality anyway. It does this by making her mom into even more of a cunt than her who basically forced the whole scenario for shits and giggles and no other motivation.

But then it all backfires but it's basically all ok because Merida is a free spirit who can do anything and apparently doesn't need those luxurious pastries she stuffed her face with while her mom is just a dope. But Merida saves her mom because of a flashback imlying they had a better relationship than shown. But that flashback is literally in the last ten percent of the film and their relationship is already set as far as the audience is concerned.

So it boils down to two people the audience can't like, who don't like each other, with one trying to save the other from a fuckup they caused, with the resolution being that despite everything you saw for the entire length of the movie apparently they just didn't hate each other the whole time. But this leaves the motivations that drive the plot still unanswered outside of some kind of weird mother daughter issues that are totally different from the mother daughter issues being explored.