Disney will never have the balls to do a scene like this again

Disney will never have the balls to do a scene like this again.

Everything is so watered down and friendly, there's no tension or risk.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=irAEwwun_B4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes, but that movie didn't even feel Disney to begin with. The mood was more like a Bluth feature.

Yea. And it was fucking good too.

What? How is this movie that different in content than say like, Zootopia? They both even have sexy dancing animals who add very little to the plot.

I don't know dude, Mother Gothel's death scene was pretty fucking metal.

That movie was a weird mix of scenes. 10% awesome scenes, scattered around 90% terrible lazy crap. Not much in the middle.

Because so many kids have autism. Forget about the situation or the loud music. The yellow of the clock tower alone would give them a sensory overload.

>There will never be another "Hellfire"

I spent my whole life thinking it was until right now.

>tfw you'd actually like a Hunchback live action remake if they used the broadway musical as the base instead of the original movie.

>what is Zootopia.

And I dont even mean the scrapped version.

You're right, damn.

But who can top Tony's performance for Hellfire? That man's voice was godly.

Zootopia was shit. It wasn't intense, it was just 'muh raycism'. There was nothing interesting or subtle about it.

Ernest & Celestine did its the message better, but it wasn't made by Gisnep who tells you to wank over gazillion CGI hairs on a bunny model.

Plus that story behind it, despicable.

People didn't need Disney to tell them to wank to that rabbit model, they did that just fine on their own.

didnt know it was disney until now

Toffee's death in SVTFOE was pretty intense. Just casually melting the skin from his bones with a smile.
youtube.com/watch?v=irAEwwun_B4

oh yes zootopia the grimdark furfag movie only people with autism care about
this

Man that fight scene is my favorite in any animated movie.
I don't care much for heroes getting into trouble normaly, but the way Ratigan tried to kill Basil was just to real and I actualy feared for him.

Mother Gothel

It has some good moments and the character designs are nice, but it's very forgetable, unlike OP.

>Villian loses the battle of wits and just glasses the hero.
I need more of this trope.

Disney hasn't had balls since the 60s. The company, artistically, never recovered from the near-bankrupcy following Sleeping Beauty's failure at the box office.

Is violence even been a major thing in a Disney movie in the last ten years?

Like I mean actual physical violence not just the threat of it.

>racism is bad
>despicable
And why is that?

Zootopia had a mobster ally who killed people regularly enough for his daughter to only get slightly miffed about it when her dad did it on her wedding day, showed physical violence against a young rabbit, and had a news report of an animal in "critical condition" following a polar bear mauling.

all of the above were not direct to the viewer

Great Mouse detective is not a Don Bluth film?!

What about the loss of tv cartoon violence? I'll never see the hero slice a monster in half while it spews green blood everywhere like the original PPG.

PPG was more of an exception than the rule

I think it was before he left the studio. Did it come out before... 91 was it? I don't remember exactly when he walked out.

If you have watched both and still think that, you have bad taste.

Zooptoia
>fox acts feral for literally half a second before revealing he's faking because kiddies can't be scared for more than a minute before parents get pissed now.

There was no real danger and they made sure to wash away the tension with her joke. There was no true predator chase scene of him chasing her around the pit while she reverts to her bunny instincts and flees for dear life relying on her animal instinct. She had to act, the only tension was faked for the audience's benefit. The sheep was captured nice and easy. She didn't go insane or try to kill when her plan to use the berry to kill the rabbit failed.

I liked it, but it did not invoke the same depth of emotions, tension, and fear.

TGMD
>rat only ever shows polite held back sophisticated villain look. When his plan is destroyed he breaks mentally. Like the image says you feel Basil's helplessness. It is real. He is chased like a wild animal for minutes and minutes, until he is cornered and faced with certain death. I felt every dagger dig through his back. Every toss against a wall.

To even attempt the same feel zooptoia would have to take off the kiddie gloves and haved the fox really get hit by a dart. Have him chase her while she begs and cries. Have her run until she stumbles and falls on all fours. Have her bolt and switch to all fours and then out run him. But she can't run forever in the pit. He pins her, she cries and begs and pleads. He doesn't hear her. He bites over and over and shakes his head to try to kill her while she lets out a death scream.

Maybe haver her remember there's a blue berry in his breast pocket. She reaches and pulls it out shakily and shows him. His eyes revert back to normal on seeing the symbol of their friendship. Maybe blueberries are the cure and he bites it when he meant to bite her and reverts back to normal. Either way he is crushed.
True fear. True tension. No pulled punches.

you just described finale of proto-zootopia.More or less.

>because kiddies can't be scared for more than a minute before parents get pissed now.
The ones getting scared by innocuous shit and complaining about it on Twitter are more usually millennials that have no business going to these movies in the first place. Kids like getting scared.

Probably because of what they did to the original script, which had a more sophisticated message.

How is that despicable?

I don't know why that poster used such a strong word. I was just explaining his most likely motivation.

It's not. Basil is possibly the best Disney flick when they were at their lowest financial point since Black Cauldron bombed.

After that Oliver and Company, Little Mermaid and all that BS happened that made Disney not take risks no more.

Vincent Price is my second most favourite Disney Villain voice next to Jeremy Irons.

sophisticated?

He left on his 42nd birthday in 79 according to Wikipedia

>one of Ratigans silly little minions gets drunk and calls him a Rat
>he summons a cat to come and devour the minion infront of everyone
It really was a different time

that shit disturbed me even as an adult