ITT: Possible Disney's Fox Properties Future

Beside the MCU stuff. Speculate the future of Fox Properties in the hand of Disney

>Universal Studio have to close down The Simpsons Ride
>Dark Horse will lose Aliens & Predator license and Marvel will publish them

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8GJHUNQ9ZY0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>X-men in MCU

Can't be any worse than how FOX handled them.

DOOM finally gets a halfway decent movie/design

>24 comes back with Jack Bauer's teenage black daughter torturing terrorists whilst the latest Disney© hits play in the background

>Mulder and Scully in Marvel universe as agent of SWORD

Shut the fuck up faggot.

I don't know about the licensing. Disney seems a lot more comfortable with licensing things out than they did a few years ago. Look at Disney Comics as well as the IDW stuff.

The main issue would be money.

Peter Griffen in Kingdom Hearts

Sounds neat.

Wasn't Avatar supposed to be a trilogy ir something? Every so often I hear about something big happening with it and then nothing for months.

Ugh. Avatar.

simpsons is not coming back

They're shooting Avatar 2,3 and 4 at the same time right now.

Apu's Street Shitting Rape Gang Hour will be the first Simpsons spinoff.

Most of them will never see the light of day again & if they do, they will be PG-13

Can't wait for Planet of the Apes with quips, Disney will devolve the franchise back into the Marky Mark days

It can be even worse than that, user
>a Bad Ape spin-off movie made by Disney

>so much fun it’s copyright infringement!

He's right though.
You can hate Disney all you want, but Fox's treatment of their intellectual property was fucking abysmal.
At least Desney knows how to make money.

>Most of them will never see the light of day again & if they do, they will be PG-13

Most of those franchises already have awful sequels rated PG-13 or are plain dead IPs under Fox.

I don't know people keep insisting on this "Disney will turn everything into babby stuff" meme that has no logical bases, my bet is that 21th Century Fox will mostly continue as normal and it will be not different than Miramax was under Disney, some IPs will probably be transfered to their "respective" divisions like X-Men and FF will eventually be transfered to Marvel Studios, maybe they'll let Fox finish some stuff like the Deadpool trilogy or they'll let them keep some Marvel stuff for a while that isn't going to be on the MCU anytime soon like New Mutants.

"adult" cartoons like The Simpsons or Family Guy (awful shows anyway btw) will continue as normal on Fox channels.

Predator,Alien and Terminator will continue under the Fox banner that will continue to distribute and produce R-rated stuff.

Avatar will be transfer to Disney/Buenavista since it's a family friendly franchise and Disney already has stuff based on it on their parks.

Screencap this.

Next Planet of the Apes movie is a remake of the original, but it's a musical.
>I love you, Dr. Zaius!

>James Murdoch is becoming the Disney-Fox fusion CEO as part of the deal if it gets through
>Implying he'll kill any adult IP
>Dumbasses don't get that the fusion's main objective is to have an streaming service with strong content to compete with Netflix, that of course needs adult stuff too like Netflix does.

>hurr durr b-but Disney will turn everything on cartoons and musicals t. as seen on 9gag.com

That depends on the what's in the contract between Fox and Universal.
Over 5 years since Disney bought out Marvel, and Universal's Marvel island is still sitting pretty. They even redid the Hulk rollar coaster.

Oh yeah because disney totally changes the tone of Star Wars and MCU.
Stop being a baby. Disney is respectful of their acquisitions.

Orlandofag here.

That will not happen. Disney actually likes having their properties on Universal since it's basically a giant interactive commercial that Disney ultimately gets the back-end on.

Deal will fall through just like last time and I'll get to laugh at the marvel fags staying butthurt over Xmen not becoming basic capeshit for several more years

>Can I play the piano anywore?

>Implying that wouldn't be the tightest shit.

>possibility of an animated Firefly series

I'm trying not to get my hopes up

Yeah, man. I can't wait for another installment of Jennifer Lawrence and her J-Men.

>>James Murdoch is becoming the Disney-Fox fusion CEO as part of the deal if it gets through
It seems to me that he's being considered because Disney is having some difficulty choosing an heir after Iger leave in 2019. They could still choose someone in house to become CEO.

dude...

Why would FOX let go of Family Guy, American Dad, The Simpsons, and The Orville? Seth MacFarlane is practically their bed and butter.

I can see Disney buying the rights to Avatar though seeing as they do have a themed area at Disney's Animal Kingdom.

the last good Alien was back in 1986
if Disney buying them means Scott can finally be banned from the franchise then im fine with it

Back in art school a teacher told me that Fox hates Family Guy, but keep it around because it makes a lot of money. Disney will likely do the same.

DR ZAIUS DR ZAIUS

So then why would FOX give up Seth MacFarlane works if it makes them so much money? Also, they hate it because it conflicts with their more conservative values?

In fairness, almost every other project Seth has done for them is dead and American Dad got quietly done away with and is only still going because TBS saved it.

Family Guy might not do that well ratings-wise anymore but it can still sell a lot of merch just like The Simpsons

Family guy will get cancelled on the spot. The simpsons are at a 50/50 for cancellation

So if Fox has the TV/film rights to Batman, could Disney/Marvel make a Batman film?

>So if Fox has the TV/film rights to Batman, could Disney/Marvel make a Batman film?

No. They specifically only have the rights to the Adam West Batman TV show and movie. The rights to the Batman IP as a whole remain with WB.

Fox has been licensing the rights to West-Batman back to WB (thus the Batman '66 comics and animated movies), and if Disney indeed purchases Fox, it is uncertain what, if anything, they will do with those rights. It's possible that Disney will continue the arrangement, effectively letting WB continue paying for access to the Batman '66 IP like how they've done with Universal's theme park rights to Marvel, or that they'll cut WB off entirely. Or maybe they'll outright sell the Batman '66 rights to WB. We don't know.

All those franchises have not been good for decades or in the case of Avatar, never.

>Oh yeah because disney totally changes the tone of Star Wars and MCU.
Are you trying to say they didn't? Because it's obvious that they absolutely did.

>Disney does the unthinkable and unzombifies the Simpsons for the next 12 years leading to it being even better than golden era Simpsons before they end the show on it's 40th anniversary

How hard will you mark?

Yeah just like Pulp Fiction right

In the case of MCU, if you are talking about quips, it's probably more Whedon influence and Avengers success, more than a Disney influence.

They're not, they're just becoming owned by Disney. 21st Century Fox will be under new management, Disney would gain a platform they don't already have for shows like Family Guy for creators like Seth MacFarlane

Nah. The Murdochs just want to jettison their entertainment IPs after they failed to buy out WB, bolster Fox News and Fox Sports, and make $60 billion (Disney's current bid) doing it. They really don't give a damn one way or the other about MacFarlane.

As much as I love Dinsey and would probably be a "Mousekateer" or whatever fucking stupid thing you people say.

But if I'm being completely honest. This sounds fucking horrible, if this actually happens
I'm genuinely worried about Disney becoming a victim of it's own success.
youtube.com/watch?v=8GJHUNQ9ZY0

Resistance is futile. All shall be one with Disney.