Guardians of the Galaxy #148 Storytime

Time for everyones favourite soon to be relaunched book

Other urls found in this thread:

ign.com/articles/2017/12/05/marvel-comics-ends-ongoing-guardians-of-the-galaxy-series
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

In case you didn't read it last week go read Darkhawk. Has nothing to do with this storytime, just do it

Weren't Morrow and Irani also with them? Or is that just a Bendis fluke.

>Drax being smart
I like this.

Yeah I'm liking this Drax

>soon to be relaunched book
Did I miss a meeting? They literally just did the Legacy Numbering shtick; are they seriously going to relaunch it again??

YES

Book is gonna be "cancelled" during the Infinity War event. As in the main book will still probably ge the GotG book by Duggan but "officially" this run ends at 150

Fuck yeah

Are Peter and Gamora just going to have a back and forth of ommiting important information to each other and being petty assholes?

Good use of Quill's music and I'm going to cry.

I am really enjoying Duggans run on GOTG. Thanks OP

>Book is gonna be "cancelled" during the Infinity War event.
Oh. Sorta like all the books being folded into "Avengers No Surrender"?

Actually, here ( I googled it ):
ign.com/articles/2017/12/05/marvel-comics-ends-ongoing-guardians-of-the-galaxy-series

I'm not sure how I feel about this. On the one hand I've liked the Duggan/Kuder run quite a bit; on the other: I'm really REALLY fucking sick of EVERYTHING WILL TOTALLY CHANGE FOR EVER NO REALLY TOTS FOR REAL THIS TIME YO!

I didn't even bother to read Civil War II nor Secret Empire.

I realize that this will be more self-contained but that honestly just makes it that much easier to skip.

DIZUS CRAIST!!

>the Infinity War event
Sigh.

Fuck yeah Cosmo

>>the Infinity War event
Hachette and Amazon lists "CLASSIFIED: PRELUDE" for 2018; that CLASSIFIED is obviously that not-so-linewide event.

It looks like it was going to be a Guardians only thing and then Marvel went and decided to turn it into an event.

>Marvel went and decided to turn it into an event.
Was there ever any real doubt that the bean counters would pull another Civil War style attempt at Synergy, though?

I assume this happened after they captured Thanos in Bendis' final issue?
was his escape shown somewhere?

>Fortunate Son starts playing.

>It looks like it was going to be a Guardians only thing
Dunno, Time Gem showed up last month in Thanos; although that's "GOTG Adjacent," I suppose.

>gravity field so intense a star is orbiting it
>they can stand right next to it without being ripped apart

Duggan had this planned waaaaaaay before this tho, and there's a reason why they cancelled the last originally scheduled issues of GotG for the event.

Looks like that happened.

>Ultrons are now a DINDUs

New low, Marvel. New low.

>Black lady Nova
hmm

She's from the Secret Wars mini

I don't like how comedic the Guardians have gotten. I know it's to make it more like the films, but there always seemed to be some brevity with the older gang.

I dislike that they've become the butt of a joke.

bozhe moi

>Jungleland
goddamit duggan you are a man after my own heart

here's to you clarence

the book isn't selling well so its going to be revamped into an Warlock book about the Infinity stones

Can Shaggy Blanco beat El Power Stone Grande?

AFAIK no, but I guess that the Thanos ongoing might have had something about it.

There's nothing in this issue that is more comedic than a single issue of DnA
>Drax playing the saxaphone
Pre-DnA

>There's nothing in this issue that is more comedic than a single issue of DnA
>>Drax playing the saxaphone
>Pre-DnA
I know Drax plays the Saxaphone. He even did it earlier in this run. It's just, everything seems to appear like a joke. Like the characters and interactions are there to make me laugh, rather than let me find them itneresting.

The DnA run was goofy as hell, what are you smoking? It opens on an Office-style cutaway for fuck's sake and continues that gag for the duration of the book.

>The stones used to be cut gems. An colored differently...so what gives
>No idea
Glossing over synergy won't save you.

Read. More. COMICS.

Oh fuck off.

Anything is better than Bendis' run user.

DnA was just as goofy, hell Gunn look a lot from DnA run while putting his own twist and things into it.

It was Bendis who tainted the Guardians' good name.

This continues to be one of my favorite Marvel books.

I know it's getting cancelled soon because of the event, but do you think we'll be getting a brand new #1 soon?

I hope Duggan integrates Chris and his new THICC latina gf into his story soon

Because why should Marvel cosmic be something special and separate from Earth stories? It’s not like it diversifies the line and ensures people who have different tastes can always find something they like in your release schedule.

Duggan continues to kill it on this book. It's too bad the Curse of Nova has resulted in its cancellation.

This book's sales are only a few thousand lower than when it started a year ago.
Rich isn't why it's selling low.

Aww, it's just like being married.

Drax ought to find a Killers Anonymous group or something. He already acknowledges higher powers. Hell, he's been on TEAMS with higher powers.

But they don't fuck and they don't exactly like each-Oh shit you're right.

And Rich feels like the Mistress for some reason.

Well, in Peter's case it might be a good idea? They don't really know what the Soul Gem is doing to Gamora right now, so giving her access to more Infinity Stones could be dangerous.

Yes. But El Power Stone Grande's fusion form with the other Infinitinru Force trumps Shaggy Blanco by a lot.

DnA was funny it's just that the comedy was handled differently and some of the characters had different voices, so that's why it feels off.

Plus the Nova corps being chumps, and not like their usual BTFO'd selves, I mean it as in they are cowardly, extra goofy, and lazy. But it turns out the Raptors are responsible for causing some of that chaos and Adsit and some of the management are incompetent.

Duggan has moments of seriousness snd brevity and he can write pretty dark stuff too, the Gamors and Robbie focused issues showed that.

Why not? And it should because it eould give more focus to cosmic based characters.

He was going to tell her about the power stone but you can tell he changed his mind mid sentence. I think he did it more because she kept the info of the soul stone and of Rich being alive from him more than anything.

You can say Gamora is doing it too because of him keepong shit from her in previous issues, or going just by who she is she just doesn't give that much of a fuck about Peter's feelings or thoughts (they aren't that close to each other in the comics).

Duggan said that she also isn't feeling sociable because she feels empty inside and thinks the soul stone has a part of her. Since Drax is also having a similar crisis she opens up to him. He was the only one she told about the soul stone and she was the only one Drax told about his decision to become a pacifist.

There's also the fact that Gamora and Drax have been friends since before Gamora even met Peter.

So do Gem colors not matter anymore? I thought it was the space gem/stone.

>Ultron always looks cool
>Ultron makes waifus
>Ultron makes best boys
why is he considered a villain gain?

The whole enslaving or destroying thing?

Sorry to ask, but is there a rec list for Adam Warlock?

Thanks for storytiming, OP. This run has been really great, it's sad that the sales weren't there.

yaaaaay

Can I just say that Duggan writes an amazing Drax?

Purple was the space GEM. The gems were destroyed during Hickman's New Avengers. These are the ones created when Reed rebooted the multiverse. For whatever reason, the new Infinity Whatsits look different and are different colors.

Out-of-universe reason is that Marvel wants to use the MCU's colors and naming conventions for the sake of synergy. In-universe reason is that the Infinity Stones aren't the Infinity Gems and their colors are different and manifest differently as a result.

Well they weren't exactly friends forever but they know each other longer and it has come to a point that Gamora does now consider him a friend and trusts Drax more than any other Guardian.

He really does, I'm quite impressed.

Good boy

Just look at the damn storytimes. You had more people showing up to bitch about Bendis than to talk about this book. We're practically back to the days when Sup Forumssmic was cult.

Yep, it's sad that we're at a point where if someone brings up DnA, chances are that they're actually a casual that doesn't read cosmic. It's like the reverse of the "Modern Cosmic" days.

His Drax is amazing. Star-Lord too.

>U.S Avengers cancelled.
I'm Mad.

Bump

Is he urinating on its burning corpse?

WAIT SHE IS BACK?

>Star-Lord too
His Quill has certainly got the best in taste in music that isn't Gunn's.