Unbelievable Gwenpool 023 storytime

Unbelievable Gwenpool 023 storytime

Continuing the showdown with old Doctor Doom.

Other urls found in this thread:

www98.zippyshare.com/v/4gSt2UkB/file.html
thehenchmenslounge.com/2017/02/22/is-marvel-giving-free-comics-to-comic-shops-to-inflate-sales/
cbr.com/mayo-report-marvel-top-seller-how-long/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Oh noes.

There's something to be said about how much Im enjoying Doom just being Doom without any pretense of modesty or anything other than self aggrandizing

I hope Vinnie gets more appearances in future.

Yeah, I feel a lot of anons missed the "I do what I want" Doom.

Took them 3 issues but they fixed the stupid layer error on her shoulder. Good editors.

Plot twist

>that escape
wew

>you will never have hart-to-heart conversation with uncle Doom
Why live?

Doom maybe be a megalomaniac crazy, but that is pretty scary.

I don't like this.

really hope gwen or someone can fix him

No! The series is soon over

Also Doom wasn't restored.

I wish for the final issue, Gwen kills America and replaces her with YA America.

I would imagine the normies in mcu are worst than irl normies that just read few paragraphs of wikipedia so I think I can forgive writer for making tham accept new Doom like that.

>Doom has access to the fourth wall.

We're fucked! Praise Doom!

>Just BEE yourself Gwen Poole
Thanks uncle Doom!

It's bad that this an moon knight are the only shit im interested in from Marvel currently

F

But I don't want her to be cancelled.

I really like the emta around Gwen. A shame it's coming to an end.

RIP

>little less Bendis and a little more Kirby
>Shakespeare's angriest fart
>oh Doomy

Goddamn I love this comic.

Cant wait for the fun times with our favourite French villain.

Reminder that you can always show your support not only by buying single issues and trades but also by writing the positive comments to the marvel email: [email protected]

Also if you guys want a hi res issue here is zippy: www98.zippyshare.com/v/4gSt2UkB/file.html
I've only use the low one because my internet is potato-slow.

>not illustrated by guirhiru
dropped

Fug.

>One more Batroc/Gwen teamup before the end

YES, YESSSSS

Her becoming his full time apprentice would be the best end, the ending could be her accepting her place as a mostly irrelevant but also immortal street level bank robber, like Shocker.

Thanks for the storytime.

Mostly irrelevant but also immortal street level bank robber

I would be fine with this, but I think Marvel is set on making her some kind of hero. I think the best bet is to have her go down the antihero road and become the Baby Punisher (who'll still rob a bank or two cause guns don't grow on trees y'know)

but i don't want it to end ;_;

Damn this chapter is making me sad.
But good Ole uncle doom is giving me hope.

Yes there is.

>"Iron Doom not muh Doom!"

Why is Doom downright brown here? Sure, he's a gyppo, but he's been drawn as white for the last 6 decades.

Lotta tans

>Because i hate you...dad
>This level of oandering to the tumblr crowd
D R O P P ED
R
O
P
P
E
D

>Gwenpool 21 $3.99 Marvel 39,256
These are the data from October from comichron Marvel should be able to squeeze at least 4~6 issues of GP since she is just hovering a bit under the 40k drop line. To tell the true I could easily imagine them doing an generic team up book with some forgotten/weird characters with minimal abstract plot like the DC All Star Section Eight.

Why are all the pages so small? They're half the normal size of a recent release.

Sorry user

That was the legacy variant thing, everything got a boost.

This got dark real fast, I thought it was just facebook memey bullshit

>Superior Foes Academy

I thought 40k Is for current marvel standard pretty solid?

If it hits 30k, with a title like that, it's fine. fucking moon girl and squirrel girl don't even break

Remember me
For I will soon be gone
Remember me
And let the love we have live on
And know that I'm with you the only way that I can be
So until you're in my arms again
Remember me!

break 20k.

>Little less bendis and a little more Kirby.
Gwen being enough of a comic book fan to have read Kirby fantastic four makes me like her even more.

That was for a gimmick, it normally sits a little over 10k.

I hope you will get better in the future, who knows maybe Marvel be able to trick one of the anime studio into making a 12 episode weeb bait.

>Isekai
>Self-loathing
>Cute girl
Sounds like it would work perfectly.

It doesn't.

But only if there will there be cool robots involved (and obligatory high school setting).

>Because I refuse to be a super villain
>I can relate to that

>Just because you can't kill Doctor Doom or Paste-Pot Pete doesn't mean you life lacks meaning

>We... we... we really should talk some time
>Of course. We will.

Isekai genre fad might end by the time it would air.

Gwenpool 17 - 22,292
Gwenpool 18 - 19,846
Gwenpool 19 - 14,703
Gwenpool 20 - 14,239
Gwenpool 21 - 39,256
>source: Comichron

21 was a gimmick edition. It's gonna bounce back down, but we don't know how low it's gonna go yet.

Wait. So, is it confirmed that she is getting cancelled eventhough there's a lot more shit in marvel that should be cancelled instead?

>This got dark real

let's not go that far

Wouldn't it work better if it looked like the main comic continuity to her initially before nature as a show rears up and gives existential crisis.

It's definitely looking bad, but I think Hastings is hedging his bets. If it doesn't get renewed, he can end it with the build up that it's going to end. If it does get renewed, he can play it as a turnaround.

>Gwen gets to stay around by being in a villains team book with batroc
I'd be very much ok with this.

don't forget that marvel is inflating sales even with low numbers

so 14k is the amount of comics sent to the store, not the amount of comics that people actually bought, this book is doing as bas as Moongirl or squirrelgirl

What do you have to gain by lying on the internet user? This book does better than almost all of marvels female led books.

I could see him pulling the Futurama cliffhanger just so someone else could use her in next event/reboot.

Because this is the Gwenpool hater obviously. He's changing his tactic recently.

Something I wouldn't put past Marvel is taking the artist off this and putting them on something else out of spite

I want to hug Gwen and telling her that everything will be fine

Wouldn't those books also get inflated sales?

''I do apprecite you talking like shakespeare's angriest fart''

''at least it's not the face of that old hamburger you store under your mask''
''I'd like these powers a lot more if discovering their limits weren't like getting constantly tutted by a creative writing workshop''

wow the writting for Gwenpool is embarrasingly bad, too much ''lol so quirky and random, cellphones!!'' bullshit

Don't say these things. They'll be back on this soon, they're just working on the next avatar book and then when they return sales will spike like they always do.

>don't forget that marvel is inflating sales
Outside of January 2017, Marvel doesn't do that for every book. Typically there's about 3-5 books each month they'll overship by a lot. Usually #1-3s, to build hype.

see It certainly does do a lot better than many new Marvel books (21 issues above 10k is pretty good for current Marvel). But don't kid yourself - it doesn't bring in enough sales to be "safe". Gwenpool is very much in the danger zone. If we keep getting the current artist it might be alright, cause I'm certain they're cheaper than Guruhiru.

I'd rather someone else not use her, frankly. Not after seeing how most people handle her.
Heck, the series might just get rebooted for a fresh #1 so Marvel can suck up the sales.

the trades actually sell and they are books aimed at kids, their numbers don't have to be huge in order t stay around

>Outside of January 2017, Marvel doesn't do that for every book.

I'mg gonna need some sources because just last month they pull their inflated numbers bullshit for their legacy ''nobody wants this'' stuff.

so, kind of hard to believe that ''they just did it for the january numbers... oh and last month, but not once in between months!''

I work at a comic book shop and my store and every store we talk to seem to only get overshipped team books and occasionally iron man and captain marvel however we got given almost twice as much Thor and punisher as we order last month due to the movie and to show coming out. Only time we've ever been overshipped Gwen was January of this year when we 20% more of ever book and for her second issue.

>''I do apprecite you talking like shakespeare's angriest fart''

reminds me of the ''you don't know about my epic turds!!!'' in Guardians of the Galaxy vol 2.

Give it to marvel to bring toilet humor back to the front

>I work at a comic book shop
my uncle works at nintendo and a comic book shop and is Stan Lee's best friend

You'll have to talk to some of the LCS owners. January was a big problem, because they got literally flooded with copies of comics they could not sell. Marvel overshipped the entire line, which was unusual even for them.
Last month they overshipped a few titles, but they also had lenticular variants out, which is why there was a sales spike.

Gwenpool sales this month should drop back around +-14k

You do realize comic book shops are not exactly impossible.

article from february
thehenchmenslounge.com/2017/02/22/is-marvel-giving-free-comics-to-comic-shops-to-inflate-sales/

article from august, they are still talking about marvel inflating sales

And they did just that with Legacy and the shitty lenticular covers that didnt' worked half the time

>No one on Sup Forums can work at a store that relates to the board.
The state of yourself.

yeah but it sounds like bullshit in this scenario, specially since most retailers are shitting on Marvel because they are forcing tons of fake sales into the stores so Marvel can pretend that they are doing fine.

Multiple stores have closed down during the last year literally because of Marvel, so I find weird that when it comes to a person talking about their waifu book, suddenly Marvel is doing fine on their own and here comes the only store owner that is not suffering from overshipping

How retarded are you?
more than a few people who work at and own LCS post here.
A few diamond employees also post here
Remember Scanbro?

Sorry dude, I can't see where they're talking about inflating sales on the CBR one. I can see them talk about gimmicks (the renumberings and variants) but we're specifically talking about overshipping, which is giving comic stores free copies and claiming them as "sold"

I didn't say she was doing fine, I said she wasn't being overshipped recently. I clearly stated the book is at risk of being cancelled.
>But don't kid yourself - it doesn't bring in enough sales to be "safe". Gwenpool is very much in the danger zone.

Different locations have different amounts of traffic. Not every store dies at the same time.

f

I literally said we are being overshipped on a bunch of different series you dense motherfucker. All I was saying is that at least for us and the stores we talk to regularly gwenpool isn't one of them.

they gonna cancel this before: america chavez o carl manver o fucking other sjw panderin comic.
Fuck Marlel.

>I literally said we are being overshipped on a bunch of different series you dense motherfucker

thats what I find bullshit about your comment, because marvel is not only overshipping every single book, they are reporting the numbers that they ship to stores as the actual sales.

meaning that they are ignoring the amount of books that are actually sold to readers.

And where is that comic book that you work for located? What is the name of the store? Because honestly it just sounds like your typical defensive waifu fag ''only I know the truth about this subject and nobody else!'' kind of thing

also: incentive covers mean that they have to order way more regular issues in order to get said covers, then they use the numbers of orders to report them as actual sales instead of just orders.

so, again, every issue is inflated, including Gwenpool ''Marvel has been heavily reliant on the sales boost from first issue and the various incentive covers they tend to have. Presuming the use of incentive covers decreases, shifting to legacy numbering may hep stabilize sales on Marvel titles but removing the sales inflate on fist issues from those variant covers and the corresponding sharp second issue drops on those titles. Of course, there is no reason to think Marvel will cut back on the heavy use of incentive covers until the marketing tactic stops working for them.''

also this article is directly talking about inflation in sales not just in january

>And where is that comic book that you work for located? What is the name of the store?

this, it sounds like ''my uncle works at nintendo'' like bullshit

Would gwenpool have been included in Lego Marvel 2 if she wasn't popular to some degree or Marvel was trying to push her?

It'd be fine so long as it gets rebooted as a pure villain book with the same creative team. If it came down to no more Gwen stories or seeing her written like shit by other writers I'd rather the character be retired.

>then they use the numbers of orders to report them as actual sales instead of just orders.

this is the most important part, the fact that even if they didn't inflate sales for all their books, which they do, they are still not reporting the actual sales, they report the orders from stores as the actual sales
So if Gwenpool is getting orders of about 14k, it means that in actuality she is selling way less than that