Why even put him in the film if he has no impact on the plot and you're just gonna do a half assed version of the one...

Why even put him in the film if he has no impact on the plot and you're just gonna do a half assed version of the one thing he's known for in the comics?

Presumably because people have been asking for him since the first movie.

Personally, it was a wasted (half) effort. Without building him up as a a serial loser worn down by defeat, his sacrifice is meaningless. He needed to be set up in the first two movies or not used at all.

Or at least have him be Hela's general in exile or something. His face turn needs MEAT to it.

>He needed to be set up in the first two movies or not used at all.
That would have required both planning and a concrete vision for the Thor franchise since its conception.

He's there so Hela isn't just talking to herself the whole film. Shame really, you cast the perfect actor for the part but the film doesn't fucking do anything with him because the last two films didn't bother to set him up. Or do anything interesting with Asgard in general. Without twenty years of jobbing to the Avengers out of love for a bitch who never gave him the time of day his death really does have no meaning.

Villains need underlings.

>His face turn needs MEAT to it.
He never felt like much of a heel, just a coward turncoat. His redemption was from cowardice, not from being villainous.

that's all that the MCU does

>not adding Adam Warlock in IW
>making Aunt May finding out Peter in the very first film
>hastily putting together Civil War and leaving out almost everything
>half assed Mandarin

There is 0 way that CW was going to be anything like the comic story on account of them not even owning more than half the heroes and that the comic story is shit anyway

That is why they should have waited it out. They're going to buy fox in like a month.

They wanted to directly compete with BvS though.

>the comic story is shit anyway

To be fair, Civil War is a story I couldn't care about. I'd rather see them properly adapt better stories after the Fox acquisition. Stuff like Secret War (the original one). Or House of M.

I can't tell if you're agreeing or disagreeing based on the filename and the reaction image.
Civil War was unmitigated garbage.

I CLAPPED WHEn I saw the thing1

>Tfw they turned pure comics kino into a Family Guy tier joke.

both instances had him sacrifice himself for the greater good with dual machine guns and then dying brutally.

his "moment" is exaggerated on comic boards for whatever reason.

>not adding Adam Warlock in IW
Why would they? While yes he has connections to Thanos he role in IG was more a narrator than anything else, anything he did could be replaced by another. It's not as iconic as Thanos snap, Caps face off, or Silver Suffers crashing into Strange's home.
>making Aunt May finding out Peter in the very first film
Not seeing the issue here, it's new(ish) ground and can be something fresh to the audience much like old Batman from BvS it gives us a new take on everything.
1. they made CW make a hell of a lot more sense in the films than the comics, the comics were retard and nothing made sense because the SHRA technically already existed for decades it's just Marvel writers and mouth breathers wanted "muh current events"
2. It wasn't hasty at all, since the first Avengers it was clear that the governments of the world did like like them and they finally got enough ammo to go after them after they indirectly got some Wakanda's killed.
>half assed Mandarin
I do and don't agree to this, I think if they just left out the "I am the Mandarin!" line at the end the twist would have been solid and a good twist.

When I saw that the first scene Skurge was in he was in he was using a shake weight I knew this was gonna be a long movie

What bugs me is where he pulled those guns from for that last stand of his. Sure, it was established that he had them, but he didn't seem to have them ON him, nor did it seem like he could have slipped all the way to Bifrost to fetch them in time.

>Why would they? While yes he has connections to Thanos he role in IG was more a narrator than anything else, anything he did could be replaced by another. It's not as iconic as Thanos snap, Caps face off, or Silver Suffers crashing into Strange's home.

Because he is one of the big players in the comic, and he does have a huge moment, and replacing him with anybody else is an asspull.

>Not seeing the issue here, it's new(ish) ground and can be something fresh to the audience much like old Batman from BvS it gives us a new take on everything.

There is PLENTY of ground to use to make things seem fresh, and having Aunt May learn about his identity in the very first film gives no pay off, because there wasn't any real tension.

>2. It wasn't hasty at all, since the first Avengers it was clear that the governments of the world did like like them and they finally got enough ammo to go after them after they indirectly got some Wakanda's killed.

It was hasty as fuck, you realize the original Captain America plan for his third film was something about Serpent Society. They quickly changed that to combat against BvS (heroes fighting heroes) and it worked.

Synergy time

>context doesn't exist visuals and mechanics are everything

Hi Snyder.

>replacing him with anybody else is an asspull.
Not really.
>having Aunt May learn about his identity in the very first film gives no pay off
That's a huge pay off, you get to see what his life would be like having his mother figure able to confide to her. You can make a pretty powerful scene of him fucking up as Spidey and at least having family there to hold him through it.
>because there wasn't any real tension.
again we have had that for decades on decades, and it's just the film version, unless you don't read comics or watch any of his other media this has better than the same old song and dance.

>It was hasty as fuck, you realize the original Captain America plan for his third film was something about Serpent Society.
incorrect. They had 3 ideas but all had some form of the SHRA in it, what changed was RDJ wanted a bigger part and that rework the narrative greatly. BvS had shit to do with it.

>Sup Forums has fallen so far that there are actually people who unironically defend the travesty that was Civil War.

it's just shitposters wanting (You)s. Bet you anything if you pressure these "fans" they will fuck up and show they haven't even read the event in question.
Kids just want attention and someone to talk to and they think it's easier to be a full retarded.

Sad state of Sup Forums the last few years really

For marketing, leaks, and trailer material to get suckers to go to the film.

The movie has a lot plot holes that it just moves past to get to the next cool thing or the next joke. I think it's the first Marvel movie where I agree with the "turn your brain off dude" meme. But hey the cool moments were cool and some of the jokes were funny.

>He needed to be set up in the first two movies or not used at all.

Wait, he wasn't in the second Thor movie? I never saw it, I just assumed he was because, to me, he just came out of fucking nowhere. But I guess Loki recruited him or whatever the fuck

Because that movie was shit? People just give it a pass because it has GOG humor.

>not muh 1:1 adaptation

Nah it was a good movie

film was gay desu

Did she though? None of her underlings did anything.

I don't think her skeleton army even killed anyone.

Like the other user said, it's either that or she's just talking to herself. Which granted she possibly could have pulled off not too awkwardly.

I wasn't defending Civil War, I'm sad the comic story was such a flaming pile of shit thus the pic and file name

>Unlike DC, Marvel respects the source material!
>Except when Marvel doesn't but who cares it's BETTER than the source material!
The eternal mouse strikes again

Trailer bait to get the nerds excited.
But then maybe he had more to do before they rewrote the script.

>Unlike DC, Marvel respects the source material!
Who are you quoting?

I was hoping he would have gotten a subplot where he was undermining Hela the whole time. And then had a moment where he switched sides.
Him being a lackey then suddenly switching at the very very last moment was weak.

Sadly, they bungled this... and they had all the elements right there.

Hela should have gotten the Bifrost sword and had one of her minions open the gate to Hel. Thor and company should have been evacuating the civilians in the city, when they notice the undead horde led by the Fenris Wolf crossing the bridge. Hulk leaps and attacks the Wolf, and Thor is about to step onto the bridge.

Then Skurge steps forward. "Odinson, you must defeat Hela. These undead are beneath you. I give my vow: not one of them will step foot on the soil of Asgard." Skurge moves to the center of the bridge, mowing down the horde until sheer numbers and running out of bullets lead to him being stabbed multiple times. As he drops to his knees, he looks up, blood dripping from his mouth. "Des and Troy are not the only things I procured from Midgard." He pulls back his cloak, revealing grenades and explosives. He pulls the pins, all tied together, and drops them onto the bridge. "For Asgard!" He yells, as the explosion consumes him, shattering the bridge and spilling the undead into the waters.

Valkyrie should have turned to Loki and said "Who was that?"

Loki would reply "Skurge, the Executioner. The god who defended Asgard's bridge.

He stood alone.

And that is answer enough."

Introducing Adam Warlock would take alot of exposition and leave no space to develop Thanos and the Avengers.

Because they wanted to do some last stand thing similar to the last stand in 300 the movie. additionally, they wanted it and other fight scenes in the movie that they could have to create something that would be appealing to fans of Snyder's fight scenes while hopefully for Marvel be a better movie than JL.

the last stand of him in my opinion wasn't as cool looking as a lot of the fight scenes in 300 however.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-_rti3PlYc

>It was hasty as fuck, you realize the original Captain America plan for his third film was something about Serpent Society. They quickly changed that to combat against BvS (heroes fighting heroes) and it worked.

I think Marvel was planning to make Civil War eventually because Bucky in the movies is reminiscent of Nitro in the comics. They might have moved up timing of the movie to compete with BvS thoiugh.

Also they might have reused ideas for a War Machine solo movie for Winter Soldier they had that as how Cheadle described it the ideas sound similar to Winter Soldier

youtube.com/watch?v=Yw5MJdneTSA

>It was hasty as fuck, you realize the original Captain America plan for his third film was something about Serpent Society. They quickly changed that to combat against BvS (heroes fighting heroes) and it worked.
>he fell for the serpent society meme

It was never going to be serpent society. The russos wanted to deal with William Burnside and the idea of a 2nd captain america running around. This got scrapped pretty quickly though. It was a reserve story treatment from before WS got released. They worked on civil war BEFORE BvS was officially announced, though yes, it was after batman was said to be in the superman sequel. They also started writing civil war before WS was released, it was not hastily changed, you're just a fucking idiot.

The old captain america 3 idea has likely shifted to the black panther movie.

thank god you're living in your mother's basement and not writing

>>These are the very guns Skurge the mighty executioner wielded
>Clearly traced from M4's when Skurge used M16A1's

Because companies with successful movie franchises always rush to copy the company that chooses to throw away hundreds of millions of dollars so the "creator" of Sucker Punch can make the most expensive art film turkeys of all time.

wtf is that image supposed to convey?

Amora/Executioner should've been Thor 2 baddies.