What's this big nigga's comic tie in for his second movie gonna be?

What's this big nigga's comic tie in for his second movie gonna be?

I'd like something that takes place in the past of the monsterverse. Personally, I feel like that in their second comic tie-in, they'll only have it in flashback, but it'll still be interesting nonetheless. Maybe how Ghidorah landed on Earth?

I would love a miniseries that showcased Ghidorah's past as a planet destroyer, ending with him landing on earth.

>King Kong vs. Godzilla
>It's just Big G noogying a relatively pint-sized Kong into submission like an irritated older brother in between him fighting other kaiju.

Hell, I'd watch it.

That sounds glorious. I'd kill for a drawfag to do that.

I'm hype for this

>Maybe how Ghidorah landed on Earth?
King Ghidorah isn't an alien in Legendary. He comes from within the Earth like all the other monsters.

Well, that's the thing, though...see, Ghidorah is identified as Monster Zero, and had been said to be frozen in ice for years. That implies that he was either a) a natural evolution on Earth or b) he came to Earth years ago and froze. I don't know which is likely, but I'd put my money on option b, simply because it still makes GHidorah an alien. The tie-in comic would probably then focus on the origin on the cave paintings, or just detail how Ghidorah got here. Of course, I'm only making a theory based off of what I want, but it's not like we have much to go off of at the moment.

It's unknown where he came from, they just found him in a sheet of Antarctic ice. I guarantee multiple theories will be thrown around in the movie

I just hope other monsters get a chance for a solo movie. I don;t want them to make the same mistakes as the DCCU where they put out big get togethers before we see each one of them shine on their own

bump

He's found on earth, but I actually think they might keep him as a space monster. It'd definitely start allowing for possibilities in future movies. If anything, they might pull a Mothra 3 and make him the cause for the extinction of the dinosaurs. That idea was pretty metal.

Even Japan doesn't make solo movies of their non-Godzilla monsters because they aren't profitable. Why would America risk it? No one's going to go see a Rodan solo movie.

Last time Toho did a solo film that wasn't Godzilla was the Rebirth of Mothra films in the 90s, and even those had to shoehorn Ghidorah in by the end.

>make him the cause for the extinction of the dinosaurs
This would be genius and fit the lore VERY well. Godzilla and his species have been around since then and this could give a lot of credence for Godzilla wanting to kill Ghidorah. Ghidorah could've been the one that caused Godzilla's species to disappear. I can see this being what they do honestly, on top of giving more leeway to have more alien kaiju in future sequels.

I think it depends on how successful the movies are.
We're franchise crazy in America right now so if they think they could make money off a spin off they might take the shot.

Mothra's pretty normie-popular in the States honestly, I always hear people say Mothra is cool. If the movie does a good job depicting her in Godzilla 2 we could get a "Rebirth of Mothra" situation.

Personally I'd love to see some of the standalone Toho stuff get adapted for the Monsterverse, like Mysterians or Atragon or Frankenstein Conquers Again with Del Toro directing since its his favorite kaiju flick. Legendary has a lot of options.

guys

Image a monsterverse infinity war with SpaceGodzilla as the villain

Soooo, Destroy all monsters... IN SPACE!!

I LOVE IT!

Frankenstein/War of the Gargantuas seems very plausible for adaptation as Guillermo del Toro liking it aside, Gargantuas was the movie that got Brad Pitt interested in acting as a kid, specifically the scene where Sanda confronts Gaira with a tree in his hand after realizing his brother has been eating people

Mothra has story potential more so than any other monster in Toho's roster. She has that good guy aspect to her, while all the other monsters are either villains or neutral. She's more intelligent and can communicate with humans (via the twin fairies, anyway). And she has her own complicated mythology that fleshes her our a hell of a lot more than, like, Varan or Kumonga or something.

I do kinda hate that she's been stuck as Godzilla's recurring sidekick at best. Anguirus is still best Toho monster, though. Fuck all the haters, he has SPIRIT.

KING PONG

Maybe it's just me, but I think as much potential there is in Mothra, she'd probably also be the hardest out of the sequel's monsters to sell to the worldwide general audience. Most people can recognize and accept a flying reptile and an evil dragon, but a giant, fanciful moth that has singing fairies and fights for the good cause is too much to take in at once. You'd need to be real careful to make a mass-consumption movie out of that, most of all because this genre has only just made a comeback and isn't as established in the public's eye as capeshit.
Perhaps I'm underestimating normies, but I've talked to people who couldn't even take Godzilla seriously because it was too outlandish for them. Mothra and her mythology are way farther out there.

Lets proceed in babysteps first, and see how they'll react to her in the sequel. There's already rumors that her portrayal might be a bit controversial.

When's Legendary gonna get the rights to Ultraman and throw him in the Monsterverse too? They could even do what the manga does and have him be a bootleg-Iron Man.

I feel like a solo Mothra movie could work in America if they doubled down on the fantasy element. Like take Rebirth of Mothra's whole thing of using the fairies as leading ladies, expand on the Hollow Earth stuff and mix that with the whole "Fae live underground" stuff you find in mythology, and give us some weird kaiju movie equivalent to Hellboy and the Golden Army.

>Destroy All Monsters
>Godzilla, King Kong, Rodan, Mothra, a Baby MUTO, Mechagodzilla, and more fighting Spacegodzilla on Planet X

MY FUCKING DICK

I can see Mothra in a Rebirth of Mothra way.
>Go all out on the energy blast effects
>Hit everything with a fantasy angle
>The Twins are essentially the main characters or at least guides
>The MCs are caught in mystical settings

that implies Biollante happening in a movie first and that kinda excites me even more

Charles Barkley