The Shadow/Batman #3 Storytime

We continue the story of The Shadow and Batman's attempts to fight Ra's al Ghul and Shiwan Khan's organization

youtube.com/watch?v=PBnO9dw3n6A

Oh look, it's me.

This is true to Shiwan Khan's character in the pulps. He always was better at utilizing mental abilities than The Shadow.
The telekinesis thing is only from the movie though.

I wonder if these repeated Moriarty references are meant to be a shout-out to the Wold Newton verse.

And that's a wrap for this one.

bump

>"She was defiant in her belief in Lamont Cranston's goodness, in my goodness."
So is this Shadow always been Lamont Cranston, or has this series (or the last Batman/Shadow series) said he was Allard who took Cranston's place?

Do I need to have read the previous series to read this one?

It would help. There's references to stuff from the last series, so if you didn't read it, you may be a bit lost.

Damn. I didn't really like the last series and gave it up part way through. I was hoping on using this as a second attempt

I think this Shadow might very well not be either of them.
He's definitely not the real Lamont Cranston who died of cancer in 1963 (as mentioned in the first issue of Batman/Shadow). Allard has only been mentioned once in the last issue as The Shadow says his name of "Allard Cranston" comes from "two old favorites". So he definitely remembers Allard, and yet he still says he doesn't remember who he is.
So it's possible that this version of The Shadow is neither Kent Allard, nor Lamont Cranston.
It wouldn't be the first time this happened.

Unfortunately, yes. But it's only 6 issues. It's a quick read.
This series is a significant improvement over the last one still.