Spider-Man #235 Thread

Renumbering is stupid. But anyway, Storytime!

I hope it will be interesting.

Last time.....

Hey, it's Big Red!

How many Hulks are there anyway?

Meanwhile....

Hey look, Venomblast isn't op-ing Rhino!

>Venom blast didn't work for once
Shocker

>Rhino
That's Armadillo.

6 hulks. I am counting the females one too.

Oh wait, that's not Rhino....

My bad.

*WARNING!!!* The next page will probably piss a lot of people off. You've been warned!

Two pages actually.....

Back at school....

BRAVO BENDIS. You just couldn't help yourself.

Does he got organic webbing now? Energy webbing?

>Pulling a new power after the old attack didn't work
Is this Miles' Ultra Instinct?
...Activated against fucking Armadillo?

Hey, it's Lana!

Expect girlfriend drama in future issues

So when does Miles learn he can fly like Superman and breathe underwater?

Well, a couple issues later they establish that he lost the webshooters that Peter gave him, and even if he hadn't, Ganke couldn't afford to keep making the fluid for him. So yeah, this is probably some kinda energy webbing to replace the webshooters.

So now he has:
>Venom Blast
>Mega Venom Blast
>Venom Webbing
>Venom Punch
It's like a fucking shonen manga except instead of getting these new powers from fighting stronger and stronger opponents, he's getting them by fighting weaker ones. Starts off the book by beating Blackheart then gets his ass kicked by Hammerhead and need to develop new powers to beat fucking Armadillo.

Bendis' complete lack of care for power levels really is something else.

Anyways, since this whole arc is clearly just setting up for Miles getting his own superhero identity to use once Bendis leaves and he stops being "Spider-man," what will it be?

Can we even call this guy Spider-Man anymore?

Shocker would be more fitting.

Kingsley is too good for this.

I don't why miles isn't sad about losing his webshooters, it was given to him by aunt may and ultimate Peter park.

Miles still can climb walls so it has to be spider based.

Aw, isn't that cute.

Cuz shut up.

So....this is going to be interesting.....

So can Nightcrawler, Wolverine and Batman, jackass.

And that's that. Thanks for reading!

Wolverine used his claws for that, so he doesn't count.

Bendis is over, so who's writing the January issue?

Someone descent I hope.....

I still confuse, is miles still in another universe or not?

>Ceres
>I love her
Bendis, stop wanking your OCs. She'll be forgotten as soon as you're gone because the Tinkerer already exists.

She said her mom is out of jail 5 times in this page

>Miles and Lil Bombshell vs. Aaron and Mommy Bombshell
Man, I'm actually pretty excited for next issue. Hopefully Bendis doesn't phone it in.

This, no surprise, is Bendis ignoring continuity. Red Hulk is in no condition to stay as Hulk for more than a few minutes now, much less while he's sleeping.

Well fuck me, that's the first big twist Miles got after Secret Wars.

No, this is 616. The Ultimate Universe was destroyed, so Molecule Man did him a solid and copy-pasted most of his family and supporting characters (dupes aside) into 616 so Miles could pick up over there. The only people that knows this are Miles and Peter though.

Is it me or Armadillo has a wrong accent?

>Black guy gets more electricity powers

Why do comic book creators always do this, just because Black Lightning did it first doesn't mean that all black superheroes have electricity powers.

Nope. Not Kingsley. Not buying he'd do this shit.

Bendis is still on until this arc wraps up. Same with the rest of his books. I think February is his last month at Marvel, since that's when both the current Jessica Jones, Defenders, Iron Man and Spider-man arcs all end.

They're just assuming it's Kingsley. Probably just yet another not-Hobgoblin that's renting the identity off of him or has been hypnotized into thinking they're Kingsley. Like, y'know, almost every Hobgoblin.

>The only people that knows this are Miles and Peter though
I haven't followed since the UU got nuked - has this been addressed much at all? Anything good happening with Reed or Ultimate Thor, who I know both got some mentions early on?

Blacks are genetically predisposed to electricity powers.

Shame its not Ross

Basically this. I can't believe Bendis writes him as if he was Macendale. The two had two different personalities. This heist is so Macendale, but for Kingsley it is beneath him for not calling the shots.

He didn't beat him with a venom blast,, he beat him with energy webbing.

>has this been addressed much at all?
Miles and Peter talk about it a little bit in Spider-men II, but it doesn't amount to much. They find the Miles Morales of 616 who is nothing like Ultimate Miles (to the point that he might as well be a completely different character but with the same name) so that lingering plot-thread from Spider-men I finally got wrapped up.

>Reed
The Maker had a long string of appearances in Ewing's New Avengers, Ultimates and Ultimates^2. I'd recommend checking them out. Good stuff. Basically, there's a Maker in every universe now that share a hivemind.

>Ultimate Thor
Volstagg picked up the Ultimate Mjolnir and became the War Thor. Busted a bunch of heads but recently lost in a fight against The Mangog who proceeded to destroy Ultimate Mjolnir.

Ewing's Ultimates is something I've been wanting to check out, just haven't gotten around to it. Sounds like it's had some pretty huge implications for the MU as a whole, especially the multiverse, so that's pretty cool.

>Thor
Ok that sounds rad as fuck, I'll have to check it out.

Still very sad about the UU being gone though...

Thanks for reminding me that SHIELD is gone, Bendis. I forgot after the last time you pointed it out.

Prowler is a pretty cool guy for a criminal. I mean he's helping his crew out as long as they're respectful

>Okay, you guys win. Miles' venom blast doesn't work on everyone anymore.
>But his new venom webbing does.

How many more bullshit venom powers will Bendis give Miles before he leaves?

He already has webs, how is "webs but electricity" even a power to 'gain' against someone immune to half of it? He's got more non-Spidey powers than not by this point, he needs a name change.

Thanks, OP.

No way that is Keikaku Goblin

That's a pretender, has to be

KIngsley's PR Team pls. He always has some stupid that he realizes was stupid after Spider-Man kicks his ass. I know you guys like to pretend Kingsley is some Dr Doom level mastermind, but he is not. He is really just your asshole boss who got too much power.

>This is going to be interesting
This being a Bendis comic you know very well it won't be.

Did they add up issues from the McFarlane title, or Ultimate Spider-Man?

Genuinely would dig it if they used this and ditched the spidey angle
And made Miles interesting.

Wait.

Am I reading this right? Mile now has electric webbing?

Does this make him a memeber of the Black Guys with Electric Powers trope?

He's only doing it because he wants to give her the Iron Spidick, and you know it.

Well, Bendis only has, what, 3 issues left? I can't imagine he'll be able to give him THAT many powers in that time. Then again, he just gave him 2 new powers in one issue so who knows. He'll probably get one more before the arc is done.

whats with the numbering? Miles should just barely getting to 100, what did the combine it with?

Ultimate Spider-man, combining the various relaunches, adds up to 212 issues, then post-Secret Wars Spider-man run was 21 issues. Combine the two and we get 233 issues, and the renumbering happened last issue with #234.

>what did the combine it with?
Ultimate Spider-man. Remember that Ultimate Spider-man #200 was a combination of the Peter run and the Miles runs, so they clearly consider Miles' book a continuation of Ultimate Peter's.

Ultimate spiderman. He is still ultimate spiderman.

That's a little depressing, they even took his chance at hitting his own 100, not that he had the best chance to hit that in this climate. God though how confusing is it going to be to explain this to people asking if they want to read his back issues? No you have to read through like 150 issues of alternate peter parker spider-man that never brings up miles than have him die than have miles take over for a few issues until that universe dies yet his backstory never changes? i read it as it happened and i'm confused

I'm still pissed about the choice of numbering that issue #200. When they renumbered the book at #150, they included the half issue (133+15+1=149; next issue is 150). But then they got to 160, went to #1, had 28 issues, then 12 more as MM:USM. So now you've got 160+28=188...

so where the fuck are the other 11 issues before 200?

Possible contenders:
>Ultimate Six: 7 issues
>Spider-men: 5 issues
>USM: Requiem: 2 issues

It could be Spider-men and USix, but that fucks up the use of the 1/2 issue in the first renumbering.

I know it doesn't matter, but it still annoys me more than it should.

>she get rough with me when I don't-
h-hot

Hopefully Bendis will have him unmask at some point to prove it's Kingsley before Miles one-shots him with the venom blast. The reactions here will be so funny.

>No you have to read through like 150 issues of
No you don't, just like you don't have to read through 700 issues of X-Men or Captain America or Amazing Spider-man to understand what's going on in any of those titles.

I'm not saying you have to read through it for understanding, but if someone gets invested enough into the character now and wants to delve into his back story not even half of those comics have anything to do with miles both as a character or as context for this universe or potential story development. I'm not the biggest fan of miles but losing the ultimate universe setting hurt his character immensly

Yeah, the evil mom and uncle hooking up is a given

Ultimate Peter Parker is part of miles morale origins.

maybe death of spider-man as well? was that just one issue or did that get a miniseries?

Thing is that they already used USM #200 as a milestone issue for Miles. It wouldn't make sense to have Miles' issue #100 happen AFTER his issue #200.

Thing is that Miles Ultimate run follows up on a bunch of stuff from Peters' Ultimate run, and Miles' 616 run follows up on stuff from his Ultimate run. Do you HAVE to go back to the very beginning? No. But if you don't, read Peter's stint in Ultimate Spider-man, then a bunch of stuff in Miles' stint comes seemingly out of nowhere and wouldn't make sense and if you don't read Miles' stint in Ultimate Spider-man then a number of things from his 616 run doesn't make sense and comes seemingly out of nowhere.

>if someone gets invested enough into the character now and wants to delve into his back story not even half of those comics have anything to do with miles both as a character or as context for this universe or potential story development
Sure, but that's still true for most long-running Big 2 series. If you popped open Uncanny X-Men #349, it wouldn't resemble or be relevant to Uncanny X-Men #614 in the slightest. There was a 30+ issue run of Captain America where Steve Rogers wasn't even Cap.

> I'm not the biggest fan of miles but losing the ultimate universe setting hurt his character immensly
Now that I'll agree with.

>Hopefully Bendis doesn't phone it in.
You mean like he did for this issue and every other Miles book?

DoSM was just USM 155-160. If they counted the Ultimate Avengers vs New Ultimates issues (which would be retarded), that's another 6 issues, so it still doesn't really work out.

FUCKING CALVINBALL

Ultimate Spider-man: Cataclysm 1-3 are definitely part of the issues counted for #200 because those were treated as the main USM book for their duration. Where the next 8 issues come in though, I'm not sure.

Can't they just kill this fucking guy off and end this powercreep?

At this rate in a year he will be able to fly.

I mean, this is presumably his FINAL arc on Miles' book. Maybe ever. I would expect him to try and go out with a bang and not phone it in for once.

Forgot about Cataclysm, but that just makes it even worse to be honest. If Cataclysm counts, you'd HAVE to count Requiem, because it was the same idea. So now we're at 193, and there's no way to get 6 more issues. The solution, I guess is still to get rid of 1/2 and add Ultimate Six in, but that's still retarded.

Now, this is obviously a moot point, because Marvel pretty much even said they just wanted the book to hit 200 in between the UC:SM and MM:USM series, so they fudged the numbers a bit. But this shit really activates my almonds.

I get that, and god knows the convolution is one of the reason I love comics. The big difference is if a writer wants to go back and pull random shit from weird Claremont era development or one off enemy he can. If a writer wants to go back and pull some odd character or interaction ultimate peter had in his new york for miles he can't because it now never happened.

maybe add in secret wars, since its imperative for his current backstory?

Did Davis come back to life after Secret Wars or what?

Evidently.

>maybe add in secret wars, since its imperative for his current backstory?
Secret Wars happened after issue #200 though. That's the point of contention here. #200 was the issue of USM that followed immediately after Cataclysm ended, but by that point, the USM book should only have been at issue #192. So what books account for the extra 8 issues? Spider-men was 5 issues. Ultimate Six was 7 issues. Requiem was 2 issues. No other books would logically have been considered USM.

>he can't because it now never happened
First of all, plenty of stuff from the old era of X-Men "never happened" at this point.

But secondly, a writer can reference whatever they want, they just have to wiggle the story a bit to make it work. Continuity errors have never stopped anyone before, especially Bendis.

And to add, the current issue number (235) only makes sense assuming you consider #200 to have been the actual #200, because then it's USM 1-200, Ultimate Spider-man: Miles Morales for 12 issues, and then Spider-man for 21 issues.

>it now never happened
It did happen. Miles remembers everything that happened in the Ultimate Universe, as confirmed in Spider-men II. All those things still happened. In a different universe, sure, but to Miles, they all still happened since his memories and how those experiences affected him are still intact.

Fucking explain this shit to me. That disgusting venom blast made the son of Satan go down crying bitch tears and it doesn't work on Armadillo? It's a bit late to try and make this shitty power more balanced.