Bcb - Bittersweet Candy Bowl

>Madison BTFO on page 2

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Congenital_sensorineural_deafness_in_cats
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Nothing happens: The comic
Also she's checking her dubs, it seems.

I don't like Madison so I like seeing her make a fool of herself, but what are the other four pages of the chapter going to be about?

Madison and Jessica making out in public so Madison can smugly deal with her insecurity complex

probably her shouting her shitty monologue the other 4 pages while Lucy is walking away

life-drawing lessons paying off?

>even madison lusts after lucy

How does she do it?

They really know their audience

Could being filled with shameful hatelust make Madison tolerable?

Why does this comic only reference the most fucking stale memes out there? Judging from the drawstreams, Taeshi is personally at least somewhat more up to date.

Pointing is a meme?

>inb4 Lucy didn't hear Madison because she was talking in to her deaf ear
Probably something stupid like Lucy pretending not to be a piece of shit and "apologizing for not hearing her" and Madison actually liking her in the end and being even more frustrated because of it.

It's Phoenix Wright.

Pointing seems a little general to peg it as a Phoenix Wright joke when it's not paired with "Objection!"

Maidson isn't specifically speaking into Lucy's deaf left ear, though (plus she's yelling). I believe that's been kept straight every other time this has come up.

Seems more likely she just doesn't care about Madison's bullshit.

It seems pretty obvious, given the context. You might as well say Kizuna's death wasn't a Simpsons reference because Lucy wasn't a mouse.

Is Taeshi /ourgal/?

>It seems pretty obvious, given the context. You might as well say ******'s death wasn't a Simpsons reference because Lucy wasn't a mouse.

Who?

I'm glad you asked.

Lucy turns around, with Madison continuing her verbal assault.
She walks up to the loud mouthed girl, prompting Madison to ask what she's doing.
Lucy grabs Madison's shoulders, gently pinning her against the lockers.
She asks Madison what has gotten her so *passionate*.
Madison can only stutter in response, prompting a soothing smile from Lucy.
Lucy presses her hips against Madison, keeping her pinned to the lockers.
Her blushing face lifted up to meet Lucy's lidded eyes.
With weak knees and a gulp, Madison closes her eyes, leaning forward to meet Lucy's lips.
Lucy too leans forward, to whisper a single word into Madison ear. Pathetic.
Before pulling away, leaving Madison speechless and humiliated.

If she turns Madison into a canonically insufferable prick I would count that as legitimately good writing.

Suitcase cracking down on that was hilariously pathetic.

>Lucy didn't hear Madison because she was talking in to her deaf ear
that's not really a plot-twist, it's the obvious outcome

The tsundere thing is not and never has been cute or endearing.

Madison is a cunt.

sexy

>If she turns Madison into a canonically insufferable prick I would count that as legitimately good writing.
Being able to "pivot" when audience reaction disrupts plans is a good skill to have when doing a serialization.

Polomind

Was it ever explained how she became deaf in that ear?

You wish that were you and mike. or matt

It's a common problem in that breed.

It's genetic. Real white-coated blue-eyed cats have a tenancy towards congenital deafness. In Lucy it was confined to one ear by authorial fiat so she can function normally.

A fairly pointless bit of biological realism, like cats and dogs not being able to breed.

No plots reason. It's just a common genetic defect in some white cats. Taeshi just worked it in with Lucy with that quirk in mind.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Congenital_sensorineural_deafness_in_cats

>given by her mother. Will always wear no matter what
She doesn't seem to respect her mother so much these days. This character sheet is ancient, though, so who knows how much of it has been forgotten or discarded.

The triviality of the characteristic is attested by the fact that the rest of Lucy's family doesn't seem to suffer it despite also being blue-eyed whites.

Madison makes Lucy looks like a good person

Finally, the mouths are drawn better than usual.

Naw, she only makes Lucy look more in control of herself. Carnival chapter was her being a huge shit and telling herself it was selfless and mature.

No sidemouth!

They all have blue + yellow

Think it'll last though?

Well yeah, I never implied it was likely going to actually happen.

If Taeshi just turned 30 years old... and she started this comic in 2006... She was 19 when she started writing this comic. Holy shit, the amount of artists who are nineteen and way better at art/writing then Taeshi currently is make this all the more pathetic.

You should see the adventures of magical girl Lucy-chan from her childhood.

Look at how much better Rick Griffin has gotten over the years. Taeshi has no good excuses.

i-it could...

Do we know of any documented cases of Taeshi actually altering her writing on the basis of fan reaction alone? Cause all I've seen so far is her trying to sell retarded decisions or shaming her fans into eating them up.

If fans really like a character it gets removed.

Or look at Howard Taylor. He started with nothing, not even youthful vim, and now he's decent. It's not particularly pretty but it gets the job done.

Lotsa terminally "Tumblr" artists outright regress badly when they get exposure.

The concept of that is almost worthy of a standalone thread.

>If she turns Madison into a canonically insufferable prick I would count that as legitimately good writing.

Could've just admit they're a shit addition and proactively write em' out.

kek, underrated

Alternatively

>Lucy notices Madison's yells
>Turn around
>quietly grab Jess who was just besides her
>tenderly kiss Jess while making sure Madison watches
>Jess just gives in, no resistance at all
>coldly shoves Jess towards Madison, turns around, and walks off with a slight smirk

That's because shitty art is easier to draw than pretty art. Look at all the time it takes for stuff like Ava's Demon and Lackadaisy to progress because the artists put so much effort into keeping a detailed artstyle instead of just drawing chibi cat people.

Who could resist white cat?

Matt, but he's token dicksucking minority quota so he doesn't count.

You're saying she's a pathetic sellout?

>the 2000 strip is funnier than the 2017 strip

He's on a daily schedule; they can't all be gems.

Hate to be that guy that brings up the art, but this older style is actually quite charming, and the art continues to be charming up into volume 2. I wish she had continued to evolve the original art direction of the comic, because it had the potential to be excellent, it really did.

>tfw 19
>tfw good enough to be asked to draw art that'll appear in video games
>tfw still insecure about my art despite everything, but seeing as how this is taeshi's career despite all the wreckage even after 11 years gives me hope

Don't be shy, post some of ya stuff user.

It'd still be hard to take any serious moments seriously with that.
Do I have to remind you of the ketchup incident formerly known as Lucy's suicide attempt?
Different style, but same ordeal.

relevant to the thread, i made a lucy gijinka once

That's a good Lucy would nut in

People were still fucked up by Madoka Magica despite it's adorable art style. You could argue it had that whole "shaft fuckery" thing going on, so I'll pitch a more recent series, Magical Girl Raising Project, which has a much more generically moe art style, but still manages to create a feeling of suspense. BCB isn't even as hardcore as these two, it's just a bunch of teenagers getting hormonal, so if she kept evolving the volume 2 art style, it would've been charming with no problems.

Hey, that's familiar. You've posted it here before, right? Good stuff.
although...
>human

It was the ketchup that was the big problem. If it was just Lucy writhing in pain in the snow it could have been better.

I'd bet it'd have been even more niche then, ontop of the "furfags REE" vibe you'd also have a "moeblob garbage REE" filter.
Content, theme and artistic angle needs to match, otherwise you'd only have hardcore suckers left.

Would be hard to distinguish between Lucy just slipping on ice and spraining a ankle, and legit "FUCK MY LIIIIFE" jump without WORDSWORDSWORDS explaining (or something similar to the "POLO'S HEART GOES DOKI DOKI FOR DAISY" a few chapters back).
It's ball and chain with that cutesy wutesy style she decided on since it's artistically hampering the display of anything that isn't stereotypical, positive and lighthearted "slice of life"

>this older style is actually quite charming, and the art continues to be charming up into volume 2
I really loved the art style in volume 2 & 3 in general. It had a hybrid Shmorky / Scott Pilgrim thing going on and I'm always a fan of cross-etch shading. It at least used some style to make up for the ever-warping proportions that are still an issue to this day, just without the charm.

Poor insecure delicious chocolate Lucy.

Ah yes. I was kind of obsessed with this series a few years ago. Then the author started to move away from the only interesting part of the story (Mike and Lucy) and made Paulo too much of a good guy. I can't even remember when I stopped reading. But yeah, too many characters given too much focus and not enough focus on Mike and Lucy. Did the author just drop that plot point entirely?

The MC's name is Mike right? I had to look through the thread to find Lucy's name and I didn't know how to spell Paulo but I didn't forget his name for some reason. Probably because of how important then author made him for no reason.

she should have smaller tits

But Tae has impressive knockers?

Really? You better not be lying to me.

Fuckin' ragey girllet.
Where did she even come from?

why u so creepy

that's...not creepy at all...

she posted that photo herself on her twitter

Literal sweater puppies wew. What is she? 34DD?

You can tell she has a gut and is kinda a fatty, or borderline at least, but very nice still. She better hold off on the cake though, this only leads to a road straight to fatty town.

Mike has receded in importance although sometime it makes as if he's still the main character. Paulo was the real main character for a while but now the comic takes every opportunity to shit on him.

Mike/Lucy drama, dormant for a while, is again at the center of things.

>Taeshi's self-insert is lusting after her other self-insert
What did she mean by this?

BCB is a metaphor for loving yourself. It's a positive message.

theyre going to sag down to her ankles because suit wont put a baby in her or motorboat or massage them or anything. poor girl

I'd bone taeshi so hard she'd need an oil rig to get my semen out

what is wrong with you?

You being a sperg lol

It's also a metaphor for hating Grey Cat!

this thread is going straight to area code 404

Make the most of it then

If your art can't look as good as early Gunnerkrigg after twenty years of doing comics then maybe you should try writing.

Dude craps them out nonstop on a daily basis like it's a newspaper funnies.

And it's the long term plot that's schlock's slightly stronger feature.

So there's a tiny bit of leeway..

Go away tranny Abbey.

The deaf ear thing is so inconsistent, sometimes it doesn't even have an effect

Nice