Have you ever had a bad experience with a comic book guy in your local shop anons?

Have you ever had a bad experience with a comic book guy in your local shop anons?

No, I just read scans online.

No not at all. Never met anyone who has either.

I'll rephrase that. Bad comic book store owners

Again. No. The guy who owns my local comic book store is super nice and welcomes me everytime I see him. Though he makes jokes that he look like comic book guy from the Simpsons. But only in looks only. He is a very swell and pleasant guy who loves his job and his customers.

>that time a comic book guy punched me out after a debacle with his wife because she insulted me
Its been thee years and it still hurts that i cant go there anymore

your guy seems nice.
My bad experience happened years ago and I just remembered it for some reason. Figured many readers had a dick comic book guy experience.
>Be a guy who lives in one of the least comic book centric areas I can think of.
>There's forbidden planet in london and then I found out there was a comic book store locally.
>No problems with the local store for a while until I picked up that issue of Zero Year (the one where Bruce gives Nygma the finger).
>Store owner literally goes and flicks through every single page of it in front of my and jokes about that scene and moans about ads splitting the pages up and shit.
>Stopped using that store and started going back to forbidden planet instead

a few years later the store turned into a record store that sells a few comics on the side. Shitty comic book guy disappeared I think. Good riddence.

When I was a little kid I had a couple times some stereotypical fat greasy asshole treated me poorly but I don't really remember it and only know because my dad told me

I do remember when I was super into Pokémon cards I would go down to the weekly tournament at the comic shops a couple of times and get absolutely trounced playing against people in their fucking 30's. I would be super into it going like "I choose you!!" and the dudes would just put their cards down matter of factly without explaining what they were doing and then be like "You lose."

As an adult I've had plenty of times where I would go to a comic shop I hadn't been to before and the big fat 50 year old owner would completely ignore me or be rude, usually too busy doing something with card games or miniatures. Of course I would never go back.

My general experience is owners who care about comics are nice, owners who care more about games are douches.

>be me 7 years ago
>my big brother took me to Best Buy to buy WoW
>The whole expansion thing confused me
>Some comic book guy like employee came out of nowhere to be a douche
>my brother did nothing
Last year I went to the same best buy and saw him explaining the plot to Dragon Ball Online to a couple of college chicks. I guess one wanted to get her brother Xenoverse 2. He got several things wrong...I was going to correct him but I realized he wasn't worth it.

Once I discussed the flaws in Batman v Superman's characterisations of Superman and Batman with a clerk. A Snyderfag who frequents the store ran up to me and screamed in my face "There is nothing wrong with that movie!"

I know the guy from my campus and he's a physical coward, otherwise I think he would have laid his hands on me.

But there is nothing wrong with that movie,Is capekino.

I know that feel, except mine was yugioh cards.

My mother would take my brother and I to a the only comic book shop within a hundred mile radius, about a 45 minute drive every Tuesday. We'd stay for an hour and play randoms or in Tourneys. I, being a child, thought "themed" decks like you'd see in the show were the best way to play the game. So I had my robot deck, going in confident in hell. Get destroyed. Over and over again, not even close to winning against these 30 some odd motherfuckers with current meta decks. It stopped being fun after the first three weeks and really soured me on trading card games thereafter.

Not really too Sup Forums related but back when I was in my junior year of highschool there was a comic book guy thype person who sort of acted as king of the nerds at the school, I guess he was held back a year so he was like 18/19 while everyone else was 16/17.
He was basically just a douche who thought he was a lot smarter then he actually was and would yammer on about politics spewing hilariously misinformed bullshit while taking everything really personal and being needlessly aggressive when anyone disagreed with him. Just a int really

He tried arguing with me once or twice about religion or nuclear weapons or some shit

>I, being a child, thought "themed" decks like you'd see in the show were the best way to play the game
Then you didn't pay attention. Only villains had theme decks, Yugi, Joey, even Kaiba never had a consistent theme to their decks and they always won.
Of course, even saying that, I personally do not own a deck, yugioh or magic, that is not entirely based around a theme, and win or lose, I will stick to that til I die because losing with a theme deck is more fun than winning with a meta deck.

What dicks. I go to weekly games of heroclix at my local comic shop and about 1/4 the players are little kids and everyone's pretty good about letting them have fun with it, even if their teams aren't great.
Though I suspect the tournaments you went to had prizes on the line, but still.

Meta gaming is cancer. TCGs are really only fun with friends.

na man, there are benefits to themed decks, had 1 trap card back in the day that destroyed all monsters until 1 attribute was left for each player, and only monsters with those attributes could be played, won quite a few games with it

I have no idea how a TCG gamer can play against anyone under 17 seriously, its just embarrassing.

Like, sarcastic and insulting?

Not really. However my local comic book guy is generally unhelpful, every time I go into the shop he's always chatting it up with a buddy and it takes forever to get his attention or check out, and any time I ask a question he stares at me few moments with folded arms before answering.

And that's why I just buy comics online. That and the trade selection is too small, to crappy, and too pricey.

I went to a hole-in-the-wall collectable shop, and the owner was asleep in a tiny bed.

>explaining the plot to Dragon Ball Online to a couple of college chicks
pimpin ain't easy, but it sho is fun

Mexican hee, when I was a kid the guy in charge of the only comic book store of my town looked exactly like him except he wasn't yellow-skinned and was the nicest person ever.

where are you from?
When I visited my cousins in mexico last year I found out that they buy their comics on "sanborn's", they had no comic book store on their hometown

The shops in my area are pretty awesome. The owners are acutely aware that they need all the customers they can get.

>be 16
>be in chicagoland
>go to a graham cracker's comics for the first time
>browse around, no idea what I'm looking for
>clerk comes up
"Hi, can I help you with anything?"
>no, just browsing
"Ok, you can do that, I'm just letting you know we technically closed a half hour ago"

They still give me a 10% discount on pulls, even when I'm below the 10 title minimum. They let me return a book when I realized I had grabbed the wrong one.

They're pretty nice guys.

I went to a games shop for the first time to try out Friday night magic when I was 12. My mom tagged along to scope out the place and ended up chatting with the store owner for a while. Really nice guy from the east coast, basically quelled all my moms fears and is probably the reason she let me keep going. On the flip side once he went back to manning the counter and keeping track of the tourney, two guys started hitting on my mom thinking she was single. I still see them around years later.

Different user, but also from Mexico. Sanborns started having comics just a couple years ago. Before that you had to go to big cities to get anything related to comic books. That or buying online but it was expensive. Kids these days have it easy.

Sanborns is just a miscellaneous store (pharmacy, restaurant, candy store, etc) with a selection of books and magazines where reading the stuff is pretty common and not frowned upon.