X-Men Thread

Discuss Marvel's Merry Mutants

How do we remove Guggenhiem?
Talk me out of buying that Classic X-Men Omnibus
Will that New Mutants mini be good?
Can Ewing get Dani to join with Sam and Bobby on the Avengers or will she be in limbo forever?!
Rachel is probably losing the Prestige name.
i don't even know what the x-kids or Logan are doing

PROFESSOR X IS A JERK

O5 are going to their original timeline I think.

>Talk me out of buying that Classic X-Men Omnibus

Why would I do that to you?

E M M A
M
M
A

Generation X is gay.

It’s fucking huge, like 1040 pages. I just would like to know if a couple of paperbacks are coming or is this my chance

Why is Jean such a slut?

the good thing about Mastermind is he revealed to us the exact kind of man that makes Jean wet

left is exactly what she likes most, her fetish

No. The fifth sun is risen. The birds sing the unheard song. Your time is now.

>Piskor made Mastermind so repulsive peoplegot mad at the gross cover

10/10

Wolverine/Jean shippers go home

christ and i forgot the goddamn cover

Left is what Byrne sees when he looks in the mirror. Right is Byrne's actual soul.

this back up solidified my love for Emma beyond Morrison stuff. (lol like imma read lobdell gen x)

the story classic xmen about colossus losing his virginity in a threesome in the savage land is also nice. he has a son he never met from that

I have faith on Rosenberg sine his Secret Warriors was good despite the shitty roster.

Colossus lost his virginity to an alien chick in secret wars and i won't hear otherwise!!

I fucking love the one where he visits his family and Russia but then a KGB guy tells him he can't come back bc the government is after him

yeah i'm probably gonna read the arc with Illyana now. how the hell did she become the face of the New Mutants? can't JUST be Bendis.

DnA New Mutants are getting a complete collection too. I can only remember the party in Madipoor, Amara and Mephisto's date, and Dani and X-Man having cute awkward romantic tension.

She's been somewhat prominent ever since the Skottie Young arc of New X-Men: Childhood's End.

So, this was a mess.

Hello X-thread. I haven't read much x-men, but can anyone figure out what I read as a kid? All I remember from the black-and-white soft-cover collection that I got from the library is:
>Banshee was injured and therefore could not go on missions. He complained a lot about this.
>The Hellfire club was involved in some fashion
>I think Moira might have been in it.
>There might have been an ad for "Days of Future Past" at the end.
Sorry for the sparse details, I can't even remember who the team roster was.

That's all from Claremont/Byrne's run on Uncanny.

if Moira was in it, it must have been the Proteus Saga.

But a good one.

Still not as gross as Unbeatable Squirrel Girl.

YOU'RE a fuckin' mess

Clearly, but you don't have to yell.

this is the number of X-Books I want Bump

Thanks, this was definitely Essential Marvel: X-men volume 2.
>X-Men #120-144
That's a good collection of stories

Robbie Thompson deserves to write Uncanny when they relaunch it

Can Iceman's sexuality go back to ITS original timeline, too?

Chris Claremont couldn't not make a woman a slut.

today I read X-Men the lost years, and Iceman has a NOW VERY CRINGY physical fight with Havok for Polaris.

Bendis has retroactively ruined dozens of comics. It's a literary experiment.

>Colossus lost his virginity to an alien chick in secret wars and i won't hear otherwise!!

But that's not true. He fucked a chick to pregnancy in the Savage Land like right after Jean became Phoenix.

>X-Men the lost years,

Is that the Byrne one? I'd imagine the cringe doesn't end there.

based user.

And the men. Don't forget the men.
I hate what he's done to iceman but plenty of people live deep in denial to the point they get married straight and end up with families.
Stories haven't really been ruined in my opinion.

>I hate what he's done to iceman but plenty of people live deep in denial to the point they get married straight and end up with families.

Having him outed by psychic fiat ruins any value he could have as a gay character, IMO.

You know what's great?

The backup stories in Classic X-Men.

daily reminder that this ugly fucker is the father of Pixie, and the two Lady Masterminds (Martinique and Regan) who knows how many kids he has.
He could become every woman's idea of the hottest man in the world, in a way, his power was much better than Mystique's.

I have a stupid headcanon about Quentin Quire (he was adopted, we don't know his parents)
I think he is either the son of Mastermind (through rape in the DarkPhoenixSaga) and Jean, or the son of Xavier (through rape in the Onslaught event) and Jean.

Basically, because he has a very strong connection to the Phoenix and is an omega telepath whose parents we dont know.

I think he has his own ongoing that's at least partially about being gay, so probably not until some big reboot. Honestly as long as the O5 are gone for good I can live with it even if it is one of the stupidest and most horribly done decisions I've seen in comics in a long time.

>PROFESSOR X IS A JERK

What's up with that? I've only heard about it and never read it, but apparently Xavier was manipulating his students that whole time?

>Tieri Weapon X
god that was a shit run

beast and nightcrawler behind her

blueboys like redhead booty

Honestly, with a few exceptions, they’re better than the Byrne run

>psychic fiat

that is apt. nice vocab, user. you also have the right opinion.

Claremont liked using Xavier being corrupt for drama points. I think the darkest it got was when Xavier was possessed by...some fucking thing and got all bad touch.

I dunno why writers hate the guy so much.

Besides being a complete set of the back-up stories from the first 44 issues of Classic X-Men (plus the "lost" back up that ran in the last issue of Marvel Fanfare), it's going to contain a HUGE amount of behind the scenes shit regarding the golden era of X-Men (#94-138) and 80s Marvel, in terms of text pieces discussing the early years of Claremont's X-Men run and dissecting all of the "directors cut" material Claremont added to the reprints of #94-120.

still waiting on marvel to follow up on dark beast ending up with emma after AoA and wtf happened with them and if dark beast had any influence on her. it would make sense for her to have been so nice to 616 beast in the beginning but treat him like shit even after 616 beast put her back together again.

seriously where is the follow up?

X-Men the Lost Years isn't THAT cringy; though that is largely because it came AFTER Chapter One and the 1999 Hulk Annual. Two things that salted the Earth so badly, Byrne was put on a tight leash with X-Men the Hidden Years (Storm and Phoenix shit non-withstanding).

Be thankful also the book got canceled before he could force his "Magneto was never a Holocaust survivor; he was BRAINWASHED into thinking he was a Holocaust survivor by Xavier to make him check his privilege!" into the book, which he kept threatening to do

To be fair, the writers have entirely forgotten about the plot point of Quentin being a time travel baby sent into the past and adopted.

Did anything from any of the -1 issues have a significant impact on anything?

I'm currently working my way through Claremont's Run on Uncanny, where should I go from there? I'm not asking for a chronological listing of every single X-comic, just ones that are considered really good.

New Mutants, Louise Simonson X-Factor, i dunno about the 90s, Morrison, Whedon, Remender's X-Force

"Professor X is a Jerk" was basically Chris Claremont shitting on Jim Shooter in the beginning.

Shooter basically got upset that Claremont wasn't doing anything with the school aspect of the X-Men and felt Shadowcat's very existence was an affront to Claremont shunning the school part of the title. So he told Claremont to create a teenage "Junior X-Men" team for school stories or else Shooter would hire someone else to pitch/write the book and Claremont would lose his stranglehold over the franchise.

So Claremont did a story where he had Xavier demote Kitty to the New Mutants and in it, Kitty is a complete and total cunt and shitting all over the New Mutants concept (coining "X-Babies", which became an fandom insult towards the New Mutants until Bill S came along and saved the book from Claremont's sabotage efforts). And in the end, Kitty basically browbeated Xavier into puttingn her back into the X-Men.

Xavier was a stand-in for Claremont basically calling Jim Shooter a jerk for threatening to make him share the X-Men with another writer.

>how the hell did she become the face of the New Mutants?
it was always Sam to me, but Illyana was like... that character you're attracted but refused to admit to your friends that you're reading because of her

a good and incredibly fun mess. we could define the x-men with these words!

maybe his connection is just because he's a omega telepath and the phoenix is attracted to this kind of power and well, since QQ has dealings with the x-men, the phoenix turning to him is just a matter of him achieving his potential and no one more suitable being around

>How do we remove Guggenhiem?
If the Arrow fandom hasn't managed it in 6 years I don't know that we can

Back when he was just on Young X-Men, a lot of endless bitching helped.

i'm so fucking mad he's doing the Excalibur reunion

Don't forget that he's introducing the baby Braddock

Dazzler is best girl

they were supposed to be character development. all the other ones that i can remember and know of just added to the background of the characters. gen x -1 was the only one that brought characters together that had no context. emma and dark beast meeting when emma was young might have had an impact on her. there's nothing afterwards chronologically that tells the rest of the story about that. to my knowledge, the other titles had their storylines written and the audience knew what happened after that respective -1

there was a four part miniseries called "Beauty and the Beast". it think it had beast and dazzler. that has potential to be a good movie if they'd cast grammer as beast

X-Force -1 is absolutely critical for the fact that it set up John Francis Moore resolving the plotline of who massacred Warpath's tribe, after Liefeld/Nicieza's original plan of Emma Frost ordering everyone murdered (in retaliation for Warpath quitting the Hellions) got vetoed by Harras the moment Generation X got greenlighted.

Will x-men ever evolve past the "everyone hates us because we're !not niggers"

Yeah, the bastards spawn of Megan the cockteasing shapeshifter and Brian cuck Braddock.

Ten will get you twenty the kid's a bastard

Beast is the best mutant, no other mutant is as good as Beast

Hank, please. Go back to bed.

Morrison tried but it got shut down.

Beast has been shit since 2009

Which one? There's like 3

what happened to that one-shot that was supposed to be published along with power pack, silver sable and darkhawk?

How powerful telepath like jean could fall to mastermind power?

Has the Hellfire club ever actually made a move for world domination or something like that? Have we ever actually seen their endgame?
With all the alternate futures have we ever seen the kind of anarchic/corporate/aristocratic dystopia that the Hellfire club would create if they had the power to?
I feel like that side of the hellfire club is underutilized. The side of this shadowy corporate conspiracy trying to grab power.
The Hellfire Club has gotten into way too many fistfights over trivial things over the years, I feel like. Always trying to grab more power, but never seizing it.

they had potential to be mutant iluminati before M-day

It's seriously a fujo fanfic.

Bro I can't talk you out of buying Classic Xmen omnibus because I'm going to buy it because its going to fit in with all my other Claremont era Xmen omnibuses.

So... Your opinions of a possible return of Proteus? I hope Kevin gains a sense of humor and uses his powers like Jim Jaspers.

Remember that this was supposed to be the result of the Shadow King who was supposed to be THE big bad of the entire franchise leading up to Uncanny #300.

I am starting to beieve Baldis is an agent of The Gentry.

You think an X-Men movie with Jim Jaspers as the main villain would work?

Is it? i kind of want to read it but that cast is awful and the writing was worse.

But with bad art.

I always thought about it...

The U-Men are creating the ultimate being, Project Proteus. They are supported by a unknown figure (Prime Minister Jaspers). Under his protection the U-Man can abduct various mutants for their crazy cult. They are experimented on inside The World. Jaspers will betray the cult and absorb Proteus. In this manner he has gained ultimate power.

Yes it is, the writer was raised in Korea and she grew up reading manga and she loves romance

The cast is total shit. Not even Chamber and Jubilee can save the series?
the writer was raised in Korea and she grew up reading manga and she loves romance
Why would Marvel hire her to write a fucking X-Men story? This is worse than Toriyama hiring Toyotaro as his pupil.

an X-Men movie with Sublime as the enemy would be rather simple, if you remove the bacteria thing.

>Sublime would be interesting if we remove one of his two schticks

>lol like imma read lobdell gen x
Not my fault you have no taste.

businessman harvesting mutant organs to create super soldiers and weapons is enough. we dont need the sentient bacteria angle.
martha-no girl would look pretty cool in a movie

I would try to combine the U Men with Proteus and The World. Proteus would work as their man-made god, Fantomex as their man-made demon who rebelled against them.

Proteus Saga is my single favorite Claremont story and has probably my favorite Cyclops moment ever.