So, was the point of this episode to trick the viewer into thinking Lex would actually revive *just* Brainiac?

So, was the point of this episode to trick the viewer into thinking Lex would actually revive *just* Brainiac?

What? No, it was to have a LoSH episode and reference Supergirl and Brainy's relationship.

I think user means that by showing reminding people that Brainiac has a descendant, that he would have to return eventually. That said, since all the organic Brainiac bullshit is barely touched in the DCAU for all we know B13's origins were already laid out offscreen when modern Brainiac made some clones or something.

also he's not always a direct descendant of Brainiac. Sometimes he took the name to rehabilitate Colu society in general

But DCAU Brainiac has no relation to Colu

woops i forgot about that.

Its hinted that Braniac was trying to create an organic body for himself using Superman's DNA, thus is he ever ended up successful there's also some incest shit going on with Brainy and Kara.

The point was to further emphasize how making Brainiac a Kryptonian AI was a fucking stupid idea.

I thought he said he was the "black sheep" of his family, implying he would be a descendant

I forgot about that. Is the LoSH cartoon canon to the DCAU? Perhaps he created Colu race
DCAU Brainiac is a Kryptonian AI, so its a little unclear how this all works out

>Is the LoSH cartoon canon to the DCAU?
Nope

Its was a pretty cool swing on Braniac, if the only think making it dumb is this one episode then thats just on this one episode.

Should have kept the mullet.

Braniac as a Kryptonian AI is a lot cooler than the weird partial organic/Colu origin from the comics, and I like it way more than any connection the LOSH has to the Superman mythos.

That's so ridiculous.

Imagine a German dude 900 from now going "you know people give Germany a bad rap, guess I'll become a prominent German superhero to boost our PR. What name can I choose? How about... ADOLF HITLER TWO. Nailed it, Adolf."

>Braniac as a Kryptonian AI is a lot cooler than the Colu origin from the comics

>Braniac as a Kryptonian AI is a lot cooler than the weird partial organic/Colu origin
Terrible taste. And the DCAU Brainiac origin is basically a rip-off of The Eradicator

>I forgot about that. Is the LoSH cartoon canon to the DCAU? Perhaps he created Colu race
Since it was created by one of the producers of JLU, there's a popular theory that this episode was meant to be a backdoor pilot to a DCAU Legion of Super Heroes cartoon that somehow evolved into the one we got.

Today I learned Brainiax wasn't always a Kryptonian A.I.

Colu is good for MUH LORE but robo Braniac has a better design.

The point of this episode was to tease a Supergirl and the Legion of Superheroes cartoon that never got made. It's essentially a stealth pilot.

>robo Braniac has a better design
This is correct, but the robo skelly Brainac was better than the DCAU version

I wanted this super girl but in her old Mini white shirt and mini blue skirt outfit

God that would have been so hot

Those aren't mutually exclusive

900 years from now Hitler will probably be worshiped as a minor deity by the tribes of humans who eke out a living scrounging for building material in the ruins of Europe's dead cities, so your scenario might not be very outlandish.

>instead they just made it with superboy and yet kept brainiac's lust for the super d intact

>implying that isn't what makes it awesome

I thought Timm wanted to give Kara a good end where she ends up in the future.

No because Brainiac always leaves a part of himself somewhere. There was already an episode in STAS where Brainiac was fleeing the LoSH into the past to kill Clark when he's a teenager.

This was more a thing for Kara, and LoSH reference in general.

>Now, this boy - does he have a name?
>...

How did this scene play out?

He's calling himself Adolf Hitler 5.

So really, the context depends entirely on what 2, 3, and 4 were able to do with the name.

That Legion reaction shot is the best thing ever.

This is the ideal Brainiac. You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.

He spun around the earth to go forward in time to cock block his cousin from taking that metal, vibrating, superior to a man dong

it's a page turn on paper iirc which is even better. pretty sure that's edited together for posting

I'd prefer the tentacles on DCAU Brainiac and call it perfect.

They don't even look concerned or upset about being destroyed or their friend going mad, they're just sick of this shit.

Dude, the tentacles are like the worst part of his design. His voice is 10/10 as is his power armor and build. He looks both old/wise and obviously jammed full of cybernetics and steroids.

No.
Fuck you.
I want Tentacled DCAU rogue Kryptonian AI Brainiac voiced by Corey Burton

And I'm gonna fucking get it

>So really, the context depends entirely on what 2, 3, and 4 were able to do with the name.
All of those are really long and complicated stories. Like, 2 alone is a whole can of worms.

so the timeline was
Vril Dox - Vril Dox II - Lyrl Dox - whatever happened before brainy - Querl Dox - whatever happened before indigo - Indigo
right?

IMO they should combine Brainiac's Colo and Kryptonian origin, make it that way before Krypton's demise, they were at war with Colu and Vril was the leader of the Colu and the war ends with him being captured, this happens before the Phantom Zone is invented so instead of sending him there, the Kryptonian counsel digitize Vril's mind into an AI as a way to make him pay for his crimes against Krypton (make them that they probably believed they would only get the intellect but they didn't count part of his personality would also pass on) also you could use the conflict with Colu as a premise to justify Krypton infamous xenophobia.

My favorite one was Convergence Brainiac. Too bad they made it a corrupt and unstable form, rather than setting him up as a multiversal threat permanently.

It irks me he's being voiced by what seems to be the same person who voiced The Question in the JL cartoon. Almost as odd as Aquaman being voiced by GL.

Watch her get BRAINIAC'D

It's not. There were rumors that this episode was originally supposed to be a backdoor pilot for the Legion show but sadly it wasn't. I think if it was Legion would have had more of a chance.

I miss DiMaggio voicing Aquaman

How did they get Tara and Grey but miss out on the D meister? Just need Tom Kenny and you're gold with the most common VAs.

Hol up

Braniac wasn't always a Kryptonian AI that tricked the high council into thinking the planet was just fine so he could have all it's data to itself after it exploded? Who was he then?

nope that was invented for the animated series.
The Colu origin is the original, it also ties Brainiac with cosmic dc stuff like L.E.G.I.O.N.

The fuck is a Colu

It's like, Hitler 2 was mostly a good guy but it's really complicated, and Hitler 3 was kinda evil but not really, so Hitler 4 was like "Fuck this shit, we've been pariahs for centuries because of Hitler 1, son, it's long past time we reclaim the Hitler legacy."

it's the sludgy biofilm residue found on liposuction nozzles after usage

>that image
BRAINED

Brainiac's race and planet of origin.

Smart green people from space who live a few hundred years.

Green aliens obsessed with being the smartest.

In this particular instance, Adolf Hitler 2 created an international police force for hire.

And then eventually 13 farther down the road.