Bad News: X-Men: Dark Phoenix Not Going Cosmic

>Simon Kindberg says he must "find a way to ground it so it's not too intergalactic," stressing X-Men movies are "human... and emotional.

cosmicbooknews.com/bad-news-x-men-dark-phoenix-not-going-cosmic

FUCK THESE MOVIES

Didn't they already confirm Shi'ar are the villains? Guess they'll just be farting around Earth?

What's even the point of Dark Phoenix if Jean doesn't genocide the planet?!?

>"human... and emotional.

So we need to rush ALL of the Dark Phoenix story into two hours so we can make a shitty version again.

Is it so hard to understand that the real appeal of that story is the slow build up and not when she's destroying a planet and the X-Men have to kill her?

>can't do human and emotional cosmic

Man, what a yutz.

BASED DISNEY PLEASE HURRY

>find a way to ground it so it's not too intergalactic
mfw

so this is the power of fox movies?

Well, the xmen cartoons arc one was around 5 episodes long so it's not like time is the problem.

The shit of it is that this isn't even surprising. High concept sci-fi has always been seen as lowbrow nerd shit for nerds, and this attitude sadly hasn't changed much over time.

Really, we should've seen this coming.

It's gonna be a two part movie people.

One is on ground. The second is space.

Stop being a bunch of whiney faggots.

Why so Captain America and Iron Man can show up and mutant-splain the Phoenix?

it's gonna be terrible

>stressing X-Men movies are "human... and emotional.
>Guardians of the Galaxy already showed you can have humanized characters and emotional scenes and dynamics even if the characters aren't actually humans.
Kinberg and the like are still living in the year 2000. They need to step outside their bubble, or be replaced with somebody with a fresh perspective, because these X-Men movies they think are poignant or relevant are actually getting incredibly stale, and they seem to still be telling approximately the same stories for 17 years.

Don't think we'll ever get that part II with Fox selling their assets.

But the Dark Phoenix saga IS an intergalactic story.

Disney, please save us from the FoX-Men franchise.

I know it's a comic "classic", but X-men in space was always fucking stupid. And Jean is shit. This movie will be shit too.

It will happen with Comcast.

I'm pretty sure that Fox is just talking about cosmic power levels. And pretty much all the characters in Guardians of the Galaxy are "humans". Also, low power levels

>human... and emotional.

>Build up cyclop/jean romance throughout the film
>Cyclops kills jean at the end
>On earth

What movies come after PHX?

>I'm pretty sure that Fox is just talking about cosmic power levels.
If I know anything about Fox, no that's not what they're talking about. What Kinberg is saying is code for "We're taking out the alien elements and making it an Earth story."

Who fucking cares about these shitty movies. Apocalypse proved nobody wanted more X-Men. I hope this piece of shit flops.

I wonder if disney would pull the plug on the movie if that bought fox. I feel like the movie has had too much invested into it to just cancel it, but it could likely be the last fox x-men movie.

>They're going to fuck the story up again
How is it possible that Fox learned nothing after over a decade?

If this ends up being a complete shitshow of a movie, will the Disney Fox deal speed up?

Keep crying, Simple Simon. Your X-men are shit.

>Guess they'll just be farting around Earth?
Pretty sure Ultimate Shi'ar were just a cult.

Why is anyone shocked? These movies pussy out every time there's a high end concept. The closest to not do that was DOFP, and even then they bitched out and had Magneto be the villain.

>Get a bland actress to play the worst X-Men character ever created
>Announce an adaptation of the only noteworthy story she's ever been in
>Cut out the interesting parts of Dark Pheonix

Who gives a fuck at this point?

where on earth is the movie going to take place?

Not being cosmic isn't a problem, the problem is them doing the Dark Phoenix at all. The Phoenix Story really isn't that amazing, it's a good girl gone bad nothing particularly amazing these days. DOFP and God Loves, Man Kills both hold up way better. Shit the most shocking thing about that story to me was when Jean Grey became a dominatrix with race based slave fantasy and that for sure won't be in the movie. I can see someone doing a decent character driven movie on Earth with the story but I don't have any faith in this movie in particular, especially after Apocalypse.

I'd take that statement the other way around. If they're trying to gnot go "too intergalactic" it clearly implies that they're going some amount of intergalactic.
However it does mean they're spooked a bit by the idea and may end up fucking it up.

This movie typically did find great ways to ground itself though. It's what it did best.

That would be flastcan-splain.

Disney save us.

Not being GotG-levels of intergalactic isn't going to ruin it. These movies are good, they haven't had a bad entry for a long time, and people need to fucking stop whining about them being different. These aren't just straight adaptations. They've never tried to be. They're their own continuity, and they do their own thing. That thing happens to be more grounded and believable than comics-book X-Men. That's great! That's not a bad thing! Fucking stop bitching about things that aren't bad.

This second set of X-movies has barely felt human at all. It's too concerned with great stakes and ideologies to give us genuine character moments that aren't Magneto losing his shit.

>X-men in space was always fucking stupid
I did give us Starjammers though, they're cool.

Rothman hasn't worked at FOX for years.

>One is on ground. The second is space.
HELLO
HELLO AGAIN

The main reason Phoenix and by extension the Dark Phoenix saga are popular is because of the dope-ass costume(s), and there's no way we get anything close to that.

>I feel like the movie has had too much invested into it to just cancel it, but it could likely be the last fox x-men movie.

Yeah, they'll probably let the remaining FoX-Men movies (Dark Phoenix, New Mutants, and Untitled Deadpool Sequel) come out because it would be more expensive to just let them rot, then fold the franchise into the MCU when Marvel Studios is ready.

That said, I would not mind if Deadpool and its sequel got retconned into taking place in the MCU/new X-Men continuity (or that events similar to them also happened in the MCU after the X-Men started to make themselves known, and Reynolds stayed on as the lead). Hell, we could finally establish that Bob was with HYDRA for a while and that the aircraft carrier was actually a decommissioned helicarrier.

>haven't had a bad entry for a long time

Apocalypse , the last movie in the main series was pretty bad. I like these movies too but really the most interesting thing about them right now are the spin-offs. I don't know why they want to waste time on a sequel to Apocalypse or especially Dark Phoneix again when they could do a dozen better and more interesting stories instead.

like everything Marvel, somewhere in New York.

But marvel has space movies. maybe fox doesn't have the technology yet. They should hold off on making it.

Fuck off. It's fine if you like this tripe, but don't shout down others for seeing it for the low effort bullshit this franchise is.