Good evening owls,

time for more pirates

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/xcnHsP24
twitter.com/Skullknight_NET/status/938511840988094464
twitter.com/songen_4/status/937314954876674049
www117.zippyshare.com/v/em73u9Zc/file.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I like First Mate Ladybug down bottom middle there. And Man-Thing truly is the most startling SLIME CREATURE of all!

NYAAARRGHHH

Jean Grey' cancellations's confirmed via a newly released retro-styled ad.
Also:
>all those final page shockerss in several of today's Marvel comics

hi op

i got Strange spoiled for me and i so mad

Man-Thing top husbando

pastebin for Amazon codes:

pastebin.com/xcnHsP24

post urs and I'll add it

Some kind user sent me Gundam: The Origin today so I'll be abstaining

deliberate shockers in a bunch of comics all at once? that sounds like editorial coordination, can it be real?

I haven't read anything today I've been at work all day

hello fellow horrocksfan

Only thing I've read was Stray Bullets.
And the current arc is now confirmed to be breaching 1,000 pages.

The damn arc will have to released as an omnibus. Goddang.

Well Priest's JL is getting some whining, mostly about Wondy and Jess being more of a newbie again

His Deathstroke was good as usual though but I am sad that the gag of Slade not knowing about Isherwood/Joey is over

I didn't read anything today but Viv getting killed was fucking dumb.

Priest League was bredy gud but felt really decompressed

I am a horrocksfan but I've wanted the book for awhile because my close friend is the biggest Gundam nerd on the planet and always tells me Origin is the best

Priest JL and Mr. Stroke were both pretty good

Slade was looking pretty fine in all black with the shaggy white hair, too

Hello, Storyteller.

So about that DC holiday special.
>the world is a shitty place full of shitty people, and you will most likely die alone in a cold gutter somewhere
>oh, but there's a little bit of hope, I guess
Yeah.

Highlights:
>Max Landis knows how to write a cute as fuck Lois and Clark story
>Greg Rucka needs to fuck off with his dumb shipping because Diana and Bruce have nothing in common
>The Atomic Knights out of motherfucking nowhere! Hell yes!
>... Tom King has a problem, and he needs to talk to someone about it.

A sizable amount of my friends make gunpla on end and swear by Origin as well.

You forgot that highlight of Joey being pure as fuck in the Deathstroke one.

the Hot Take of the goddamn day was "Tom King is writing CIA mind control comics", let me tell you

I thought those pages were edits, or I am just tired and dumb and you are actually joking...

Oh and Seeley's finale on Nightwing was full of type errors, including the fucking umlaut u character being missing. Which almost feels somehow symbolic of the entire run.

woah link pls

Seeley's Nightwing was so dissappointing and Seeley saving he has more freedom on GLs doesn't surprise me.

>Tom King is writing CIA mind control comics",

hell yeah

I'm pretty sure dude is way too depressed to be doing propaganda.

twitter.com/mercurialblonde/status/938518446605766656

ΓΌ is necessary

dude wut

I both love that it gets that nice hardcover treatment and hate that it's the only format I buy can buy physically.

I wonder if the Thunderbolt manga is all that different from the ova. I honestly can't tell if I was supposed to hate the main Federation pilot, because I was rooting for Zeon the whole time.

i can't tell if this is irony

also King wrote great Dick/Damien moments so its almost like you can have light AND dark thinkingemoji.jpeg

anyway the cia/fbi isn't that competent (pretty sure it would be fbi cause cia is overseas)

lmao fucking hell, I can't tell if that's for real or not

The theory that King writes what he knows and thus needs psychological help has more merit

I can't tell what's tongue in cheek there and not

so I will also try to get off my ass and add a list of books I want to rehome to the pastebin, and then you just ummm lemme know which ones you want and I'll mail them off

no international, tho, postage abroad is too much, unless we Make a Deal

I didn't mind the Batman/Wonder Woman story because it actually shows him almost being human for once, and Diana is great at bringing out the human side of people. I didn't read it as shipping at all.

also how the fuck do you read Omega Men and come away with a pro-interventionist stance?!?!?!

Feel free to still put yourself down. I'd rather gift to anons ITT than total random anons, and I've a Sup Forums budget either way. I'll check that pastebin before I actually send gifts nearer xmas but if it's blank I'll just go to the cheer thread.

The cheer thread got kinda bitchy last year anyway with multiple gifts and extreme wishlist vigilance.

But why would he write Mister Miracle at such a lower level then?

I'm only Hunger Dogs away from being able to read that!!

Hey OP. Is Man-Thong overpowered?

>and extreme wishlist vigilance.

Ah, I remember. The big controversy being that people should not be able to put anything explicitly non-Sup Forums. Load of shite.

I still say don't bother. If anything, wait for the complete trade. Maybe it'll be something it's not as of now.

i like king enough to check it out.

lol i don't remember that xmas controversy but glad i missed out on it

Oh yeah, the /shelf/ thread died, but someone posted a few Fourth World omnibus pictures

The gifs and sorta meandering argument make me think it's one from, uh, a higher place if you get me.

Diana didn't really do anything in this issue, so you're all spared my usual fanboy bitching.

What IS annoying however, is that shit with Jessie.
>ese
Really, Priest? Really?

I have no idea what the fuck is going on in Paper Girls anymore. Whoever keeps reccing it to Stranger Things fans is either trolling or hasn't read past the first arc.

Man-Thong is definitely the sexiest swamp creature out there

lol I'm not editing my wishlist to be purely Sup Forums, but if someone wants to buy me an $80 academic book I have bookmarked so if it ever gets remaindered I can nab it, so be it

Nothing will ever beat the Sup Forumsmrade who got Superior Spider-Man and lube

King is too hacky to do that successfully.

oh christ. that's horrible

i made a wishlist FOR Sup Forums and put some cheap stuff on it. dunno if people can look at others

Has BKV said how long Paper Girls is gonna be?

I know he said Saga is gonna be his longest book yet so at least 60 issues.

A good cliffhanger push could well signal a return to more devotion to per issue storytelling.

I mean yeah, it can be shocked, but stuff has to happen between shock endings.

desu senpai they probably haven't read any of it and haven't watched any of the stranger things either

>They kept the Evanier essays
FUCK YEAH!
I'm still really not feeling the plastering of Big Barda everywhere. Especially in the absence of Scott anywhere. But the un-covered look is aces.

Ah, hope you enjoy it then.

>Nothing will ever beat the Sup Forumsmrade who got Superior Spider-Man and lube
Or the user who had the huge ass fucking plastic thingamajig on their list

Woah, off model Man-Thing.

oh my god

they just got flashed by a goat-man

this is the best /d/ yet

It was more like I operated a set amount for each list so I got #1 one thing, got #2 two things and it was like THIS FUCKER CRIMED THIS FUCKER GOT GIFTED TWICE.

And I get that it probably has to be like that a bit and it's a fucking 40 day or some shit thread but damn.

Anyone here ever read that Neil Young/Dysart/Cliff Chiang "Greendale" thing? I came across it when browsing libgen, and it seems like a strange collaboration

That last panel is amazing. Maura's got pretty sturdy thighs to put. I really love Steve G's indulgent fantasy kick.

> Alfredo Alcala

Oh hey, he would go on to work on Moore's Swamp Thing run. He even drew Man-thing in one shot of the Parliament of the Trees.

that's...she gets cursed because she doesn't want to get raped by a goatman? jesus christ, Steve

I've read enough Berserk to know where this is going. His dick is a giant snake.

pretty sure The Heap was in that shot too

>I don't see it as shipping
Really? She can't spend the holidays with her sisters, so she chooses to spend them with Bruce. That doesn't sound like total whoreshite to you?

On a related note, I kind of hate when Diana and Bruce hang out, cause it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever for them to be friends. They have nothing at all in common, nothing to talk about, no reason to even talk to each other outside of a purely work related context.

The next part of the Superfriends arc is going to be some seriously forced nonsense.

man, I heard they got off the boat, I need to pick that back up

who is Berserk top husbando

Serpico or Roderick. Rickert made a good showing with the Slap Heard Round the World too.

We may actually be approaching the end, or at least a new direction based on this Japanese ad for the next chapter

twitter.com/Skullknight_NET/status/938511840988094464

Also apparently Japanese readers are really not happy about the bait and switch with Squirrel Girl's cover art vs the interior

twitter.com/songen_4/status/937314954876674049

I admit, I haven't read much of Jessie and Simon, but I know the basics. Simon praying is fine, maybe he just fucking felt like it, whatever. Jessie talking like a walking stereotype, that's just plain awful. Like, that's actually kinda racist.

Serpico definitely

I mean, Guts is top woobie, but that's a different thing

i literally don't think i've ever seen her use spanish

someone help me out? i'm assuming i'm wrong

>Jessie talking like a walking stereotype, that's just plain awful. Like, that's actually kinda racist.

Haven't read it yet. How bad is it? On a scale of 80's latino superhero to America?

Looking forward to Griffith's lifeforce being bound up in Casca and Guts and Griffith's horrible hell fetus paying off and everyone being miserable forever.

Nah I'll be fine. If anyone wants to get Texas user anything, spend that money on liquor for OP instead.

I'm a huge Neil Young fan but somehow I've never heard of that. I definitely wanna read it now.

updating pastebin with some books

OP IS FUCKIN GAY!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, I'm exaggerating a bit. She only says "ese" once, but still, that's just bad, especially coming from Christopher "there's more to me than just being a black guy, dammit" Priest.

Normally, this would just be dumb, but it's way worse given who wrote it. The fucking hypocrite.

on a scale of 1-80s Vibe she's about a 3.5

I have to say...I've only read her in Johns' stuff, and I have to say that "ese" sounds like bad voicework.

Apt.

Hi, sugartits!

Her ring has talked to her in Spanish at least once before.
I agree with you that the superfriends arc is going to be a disaster, but I guess I just see them as friends normally. Not friends-with-benefits of course. I suppose part of it is related to the DCAU, but also their interactions during the Kelly-era JLA. That period of JLA was great for in-team interactions, and made the team as a whole feel more like a family. Some of my feelings are probably nostalgia because that's when I started reading comics.
I am happy that there was no shipping stuff during both of Rucka's runs.
Steve should have been there for that holiday story, but I guess I sort of see what Rucka was going for with that "both people have done some dark stuff in that past," though I can't really forgive Rucka for starting her down that path in the first place.
Actually, you seem very knowledgeable about WW, was it Rucka's decision to have her kill Lord, or was that some editorial Infinite Crisis-designed stuff?

A character mentioned she had an accent too, does Priest think she's actually from Mexico or something?

I think Rucka must have been involved on some level because he was one of the post-IC "architects" and also tied in Wondie's redemption into his Renee Question story arc in 52

Nah IIRC it was Wonder Woman who was said to have an accent. Which was something invented by Perez but literally nobody has mentioned it since so I'm gonna guess Priest did it because of the movie.

ha ha time for casual sexism

well, it was the 70s

this isn't quite fucked-up enough for me, really--if you're going to do this, IMO it should be less moralistic and more just plain wrong

As far as I am aware, it was Rucka's move. Even if it wasn't, he probably would've done it anyway, given he had Diana kill Medousa earlier in the run. Which oddly enough also ended up getting televised, though nobody seemed to really give much of a shit. Fuckin' double standards.

In hindsight, Rucka's lack of characterization skills is likely what led to everyone thinking Diana just kills all the damn time. Cause while she will take a villain's life if necessary, she tries her damnedest to avoid it, and feels like shit for days afterwards.

I suppose it also doesn't help that her calm demeanor makes it easy for her to hide her emotions, and audiences seem to largely lack the ability to read a character's feelings unless they're ridiculously exaggerated.

I was scanning Rucka the other day to find something and man, I'd forgotten how glacially that run opens

thanks for reading, owls: same later time tomorrow, same Man-Thing, and do post your codes so I can add them, if you want to

G'night OP, thanks

OP is having that second beer

www117.zippyshare.com/v/em73u9Zc/file.html
I'm flipping through the first few pages, and it already has three people who look vaguely like Neil Young, and includes a big family-tree, so this might get confusing.

>tfw people made fun of Gadot's accent
I feel like everyone was just looking for things to bitch about. Not only does it make sense for Amazons to sound weird, but it's canon that they have weird accents.

>Wondy's redemption
But she did nothing wrong. No, fuck the memes, Diana did absolutely nothing wrong.
>B-but superheroes should be above that, and always find a way!
Then blame editorial for putting her in that situation in the first place, dumbass!

... I said I wasn't going to do any fanboy bitching tonight. Fuck.

Nah that's the thing man, she was unsure of herself and felt corrupted, then she went to Nanda Parbat and came to terms with what she had to do.

You know I'm a huge Wondiefag and even I forgot about this part until I re-read 52 recently. It redeemed the contrived situation she had been put it for me.

The slow opening works for the first issue, which does this nicely done build up and establishes everything. But after that, it takes a bit, yeah.

It's nowhere near as bad as his second run though, cause at least the first had better payoffs. But the second run really highlights Rucka's primary weakness as a writer; characterization. Most noticeable with a surprisingly less than cheerful and jocular Etta, who spends most of it just as serious and poe faced as everyone else.

Ah, dang short story time tonight, missed most of it watching Baking.

>and do post your codes so I can add them, if you want to

Well here's mine.
2QZFCPTH7M8G6

Haven't posted it in the Cheer thread cause I don't want to clutter it up. But I'll try and spread some cheer here when the list gets popping.

So does it at least stop feeling like a half a movie script then? Because I did the Image First Trade try and was kinda unimpressed, but that isn't gay timetraveling teenagers, so there's obviously been a swerve or two.

Paper Girls mainly makes me mad because I like Cliff Chiang and wish he was drawing something I could give any fucks about and a BKV nostalgie book ain't fucking it

That was kinda my takeaway from it, yes.
"Man this Cliff Chiang art is great, I wish the story was less boring"