What Batman comics should I read after Year One?

What Batman comics should I read after Year One?

Obviously there isn't one simple answer to this but which comics follow after that timeline the best?

Other urls found in this thread:

comicsastonish.com/2012/01/04/a-readers-guide-to-grant-morrisons-batman/)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Batman: Red Rain + Bloodstorm + Crimson Mist follow it pretty well.

The first Legends Of The Dark Knight ongoing. Most of the stories are set during his early days.

It is immediately followed by "Joker: The Man Who Laughs", which in itself is a retelling of Joker's portion of Batman №1.

If you want a crazy Miller Batman epic, then I'd say:
>Batman: Year One
>All-Star Batman and Robin
>The Dark Knight Returns: The Last Crusade
>The Dark Knight Returns
>The Dark Knight Strikes Again
>Dark Knight III: The Master Race

Year Two obviously

Yes
No

This, Shaman and Gothic are fantastic as well, great way to kick that title off.
We really are missing a title like that right now. Rotating staff of top level talent, stories no longer than 5 issues. Should have one for Bats and Supes.

Heres the official list. I recommend Batman and the Monster Men (His first real Supervillain) , then Batman and the Mad Monk (Sequel, first supernatural enemy), and then The Man Who Laughs (Joker Origin)

Oh and I guess Batman Prey is interchangable/at the same time as Monster Men? I haven't read it but apparently they are both the "first" Hugo Strange appreance.

Year Two.

duh.

If you read Batman: Year One, and really like it, I strongly recommend Batman: The Black Mirror. It directly picks up on things from Year One, only about 15-20 years later, and is gorgeously done.

Aside from a few parts (The best fucking parts) it would be really confusing to a newbie.

Have you considered reading Tec #27 or Batman #1?

>t. I started reading comics with Snyder's run on tec.

That's a Dick book you stupid fuck. While it's one of Snyder's only good arcs it's also about as far removed from Year One as possible.

He's refering to JGJ. Which honestly is only a small part of the book.

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:26EF4FE1F54870F5D19A0D56882E02B8EDE3AD11&dn=Batman%20TPBs&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Finferno.demonoid.pw%3A3399%2Fannounce

Read Legends of the Dark Knight. The first part of it picks up pretty much right after year one.

Read everything by Miller including based muslim-killer batman
Read MorrisonBats (comicsastonish.com/2012/01/04/a-readers-guide-to-grant-morrisons-batman/)
Read the New52 run
Read Earth 1 V1

>Not recommending Holy Terror

THIS.