Transformers General - Getaway is for Bullying Edition

What are your thoughts on Getaway, /tfg/?

Other urls found in this thread:

minimusminor.tumblr.com/post/168224336527/selections-from-transformers-lost-light-11
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

cadre should've been established characters instead of OCs

You will never be this sexy.

did a new issue come out this week?

Wazzzzzpinator is!

I'm still not sure if Prowl is pulling the strings. Regardless, his change from asshole who was technically in the right to total fucking loony dictator baddie mcvillainbad fucking sucks.

What's the betting that Anode will defeat him?

bomp

Threadly reminder that Bumblebee is a good boy, please take some time today to think about our little bomble.

Yus. He's a good boy.

He's OK though I preferred him before he went full ham.

Pharma was the better autobot villain.

>What are your thoughts on Getaway, /tfg/?
Should've been killed already so we can get on with the plot and some adventure. Basically, erase the first 6 or 7 issues of LL and replace it with Getaway crew shenanigans and then he should've been killed and it all resolved by now.

>What's the betting that Anode will defeat him?
I bet she'll do it while everyone stands back and remarks at how brave, strong, and smart she is.

When's the next issues due? Or was that it for the month? I can never keep up with IDW's fucked up release schedules.

He was completely in the right but since he's the villain he had to be written in a ridiculous way just to make him wrong so that the actual villain and his collaborators can appear to be in the right.

Welp, threads as alive as Tailgate, might as well post Optimus' lips at their sexiest.

No, and they won't be again. Didn't you hear, IDW is cancelled (except for the Crown Jewel of Hasbro, of course).

Nah. Next will be Optimus prime 20.12 and LL 27.12 I think.

The Crown Jewel of Hasbro M.A.S.K.

What.

Hot.

Bruticus is a little bitch!

Fuck u Mensor!

Needs more luster.

Menasor is my favorite combiner but his toy is so baaaaad.

Mensaor toys seem hindered by the fact no one can seem to figure out WHAT the fuck to do. Several 3rd party companies have shat out $600 fucking combiners that were absolute dog shit because each tried to do something different and failed spectacularly at everything from look to quality. The official Menasor's have been shit too.
At least Predaking got 1 good $600 monster of a combiner, Mensaor's had half a dozen or more now and hasn't even gotten 1 above "dog shit".

>That bleeding hole between Mirage's legs
What did Roche mean by this?

Pretty cool.

>I'm still not sure if Prowl is pulling the strings.

Prowl and Getaway despite having a past, never interacted onscreen.

besides I don't think Prowl would want to fuck around with the Lost Light more after being thrown off a cliff in Dark Cybertron.

I actually want Prowl to defeat Getaway and everybody else is just amazed Prowl did something right and they're just like well....huh.

FUCK YOU BRUTICUS!!!!

MIrage is finally becoming a young woman!

blame that on the idea that Motormaster should have his trailer incorporated into both robot mode and combiner mode.

Will this go full circle with Spotlight Mirage and have the arc end with Hound dying in Mirage's arms? Actually, I want the climax to mimic pic related just to have Mirage pull the wool over Getaway's optics and save the Lost Light.

That is definitely part of the blame. Every company has done Motormaster slightly differently, and every time it's been a huge clusterfuck because they just cannot give up the idea of trying to make the trailer be part of him/the combiner in multiple ways. I think thats what trips everyone up.

Meanwhile Devastator they've made a perfect Legends sized version that has 0 partsforming with good individual robot modes. The only downside of the whole thing is the individual 'bots don't have neck articulation, which at that point was just the company cheaping out, they could've easily fit them onto the figures.

>Movie-verse Facture is finally debuting in IDW

Nooooo.....Hound Prime needs to happen.

Bless you, user.

So we've only got one issue of the Mutineer Trilogy left

is one issue enough to get the Protectobots back on their feet, combining into Defensor to the shock of everyone and wrecking those traitorous fuckers' shit up?

It doesn't feel like it.

>One of the limbs of Defensor dies with Mirage replacing for the big combiner reveal to the crew members.

This makes me so uncomfortable but it's also hot as fuck.

Well, IDW already can't figure out how to resolve the Rook/Groove situation.

>I actually want Prowl to defeat Getaway and everybody else is just amazed Prowl did something right and they're just like well....huh.
I would like to see this happen but I think Prowl is doing something else in the Optimus book right now.

Prowl is never right and only exists to fuck everything up in self-fulfilling prophecy.

FUCK THE TRUCK

>this again
user did Prowl kill your mommy?

I want to see Prowl and Prowl spitroast Prowl.

I hope this arc ends with Getaway trapped in his own memory loop. Poetic justice.

Why aren't members from IDW versions of Sky Reign, Galvatronus and Optimus Maximus suffering the same side effects like Prowlstator and Victorion. Same thing with the Combaticons with no side effects from combining with a brain dead bot, is Airachnid that good of a mnemosurgeon to fix all of that?
>Thundercracker and Cosmos get a good amount of on panel time
>Both have never brought up having their psyche interact within the combiners

Yes.

He tried to justify it but it was utter bullshit.

So you want to watch a 3-way between Prowl, Smokescreen and Bluestreak?!

What about Atomizer?

>Getaway in a panic shoves Atomizer out of the way and right into the path of Defensor's quickly-descending heel

No

That's kinda hot.

Poor Atomizer, he just wanted to mutiny just to find the knights and Getaway hijacked it fir his ego.

How if Atomizer, on the low, is suffering from "primus apotheosis" like Pyro but for Rodimus?

I believe that.

Though it’s probably more I want to be him but better.

>not throwing the better Prowls in the mix

Wouldn't it be better if Getaway actually finds the Knights of Cybertron with it leading to his demise?

I haven't seen Energon or RID.

Energon Prowl was not a character....he existed.

I could not tell you what his personality was and I’ve seen all of Energon in its entirety.

Energon Prowl showed up in 33 of 51 episodes. I know you're shitposting but come on that's some moronic statement to throw around.

The only noteworthy thing he did was accidentally Powerlink wrong with Downshift.

I think that's more just because of the state of Energon as a whole.

I could tell you some characters who had personalities or something interesting happen to him but a Prowl has very little.

Energon just suffers from "too many characters to develop". You have: Team Optimus, Team Megatron, 3 Combiners, Team Rodimus, Team Bulkhead, Omnicons, Scorponok/Alpha Q & Terrorcons and the humans. That's a little over 30 characters, compare that to Animated or Prime with a small core cast to see which show had it better for character development.

I want Getaway to get the Overlord treatment.

Prowl-Devastator and Victorion are mostly made out of zealots more committed to an idea than their own self, while the other combiners are made out of people with distinct ideas of self.

>That size difference
Unf.

Even compared to the other "holy fuck this is a lot of characters" shows, Energon was bad in that regard.

So he can be a smear on Overlord's other foot? Good idea.

OPTIMUS PRIME #14 PREVIEW

No idea, and it's a massive plot hole. They did the same with Optimus Maximus (they brought up side effects but brushed them off after an issue or two).

Welp, guess this is my fault for not reading the end of Rom vs Transformers, yet.

Rom & The Micronauts #1 preview

minimusminor.tumblr.com/post/168224336527/selections-from-transformers-lost-light-11
This Getaway voice is nice.

It's going to be Trypticon or some other fuck-huge ship isn't it

There's some shadow in the clouds, and they're setting the page up for a literally huge reveal

Never mind, OP is running into Trypticon almost concurrently as this is happening, unless this is in the slight future

So we got cybertronian/human hybrids with Centurion and now a Wraith/Cybertronian in Stardrive. We need more combinations!!!!

IDW Sari?

I wonder if Hasbro/Takara could retool the Misfire mold into a Stardrive "triplechanger" with wheels.

maybe its the titan that Fortress Max piloted at the end of MTMTE season 2. Or Prowl finally found the rocket boosters on Luna-1 and is using that as his personal transport. We as the readers don't know how big Botnica is compared to Luna-1.

To be fair to him and you, being "right" is pointless in IDW. It doesn't matter what you do, everything leads to more death and destruction. Nothing nice ever happens.

I see it, it would need some tweaking but it could work out.

>Sandstorm will punish all for their crimes during the war
Spin-off mini when?!

bomp!

Rook/Groove situation?

Based Prowl.

How many people has Megatron killed?

He's going to be busy, but I can see that and he'll safe the last blaster charge for himself.

Even the Necrobot lost count.

it mostly pertains to issue covers of LL that feature the protectobots: Sometimes group shots don't feature Rook or the Groove chest piece is missing but with a Rook limb. Rook finally had his 1st talking role in LL#11 since his introduction in Combiner Wars.

I remember a few generals ago, that people bitched about how IDW has never shown Megatron's alt mode post-MTMTE season 2. But it has been depicted on a cover of Lost Light though. So was it just autistic screeching all along?

Is WRAITH'D the new BLACKED for the IDW-verse? Fucks sake everyones a fucking Wraith these days.

Oh fuck that looked great.

Is he a medic?

The way I've been reading it is the crew needs to be presented with an Autobot who would NEVER be a decepticon. Getaway slandered Magnus of all people so I have no idea who could be that person other than Optimus. So I'm expecting atomizer to feed him to his own scraplets.

>tfw Megatron will never murder Minimus Ambus and betray the Autobots

I'm tired of Roberts pushing Good Guy Megatron

Same. The whole "pacifist Megatron imma good guy now" thing was handled pretty clunkily for me. I got burnt out on Roberts shoving that down our throats.