Gotlib

I feel like reading some Gotlib
Anyone got a good collection to download?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xiJVac8bCH8
youtube.com/watch?v=qZ-bJ-J2n_I
youtube.com/watch?v=STyPkLN9oIQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

not in rosbif and I run on 56k modem

What FotNS chapter is this?

Anyone? I recall someone did some storytiming when he died.

>What FotNS chapter is this?

It's Superdupont vs Bruce Lee. He also teams up with Superman in one comic.

I used to storytime Gotlib often, but nobody is translating his books and we always end up just posting Perverse Pepere. Sometimes Hamster Jovial, and as of a few years ago, Superdupont Revival. We can only get a thread living for so long with only the french books being posted.

a few ones

Do you have scans? I can work on the translation.

Anyone have the one where a guy shave his beard and he actually have a very long chin?

I have them at home, if this thread is still alive, I'll post some. I doubt you'll be able to work on translation though, since the reason the Gotlib books aren't translated is because they are a BITCH to translate. On top of being excessively wordy, they also use a form of writing that the english language is not adequately suited for, unless you are an extremely good writer.

I think that was Ovens, not Gotlib.

Or maybe Gotlib did that gag too, I don't have that gag in the top of my head.

OP here, I'll take what I can get.
I recall Perverse Pepe being posted, along with the Giraffe comics. Mostly I want a download link for those that already have been posted. (i.e. Perverse Pepe)

Perverse Pappy had very sparse text, except for one story segment which gave the translator a brain aneurysm.

The rest of Gotlibs stories are all like that one panel.

Can I still have a download link for the Perverse Pappy stuff though?

I'll post some here once I'm back home. Then you can post translations here and tell us if you can do the entire books or not.

And if you do, I'll buy them and do proper scans of them, because a bunch of them don't even have scans that can be worked with.

I mean Rubrique-a-brac does have good scans, but that thing has a monstrous amount of text and your reaction would be nope.jpg.

yggtorrent.com have them

i like these drawings, they feel like everything is in motion, has he done any animation?

Cheers! Seems stuck on "connecting to peers" for me though trying to download through the hash info instead of registering to the site
Anyone able to verify?
Going for the Compil BD one since it seems to have everything.

you need an account and it's not freeleech.

Damn, Constantine really sinks low sometimes.

Ah.

Doesn't that defeat the purpose of a torrent though?

Dicks.

captcha: Roma ZAPATA

I think Sup Forums probably wouldn't recognize most of these pop culture references.

The punchline here is "pop music is full of contradictions", and the joke is that the Zappa song in question sings about how much you are worried about the size of your dick.

I don't get why he's falling apart in this one.

Here, the dude tries to teach the kids how to defend a girl if need to be, by pretending to be an attacker.

we need rule 34 on KOBAIA.

>START PITCHING YOUR TENTS!

... this song actually has vocals like this.

Check it out:
youtube.com/watch?v=xiJVac8bCH8

contrary to what Sup Forumsmblr may think, the girl is NOT packing heat, the joke is about women's equality.

i've only read these translated into german, these are really not that fun if you don't get the jokes.

Absolutely based.

Yvette Horner was parodied in Les Triplettes de Belleville, for those who've seen it. She's the accordionist on the tour de france who gets bugs smashed onto her smile as she is playing on a moving open car.

Incidentally, it is actually pretty chill music.
youtube.com/watch?v=qZ-bJ-J2n_I

This one is of course from the The Who album, Tommy.

POP QUIZ TIME: How many of these covers do you recognize?

I'm gonna go and make some grub while you post your guesses.

wait a minute, i know for a fact this hamster jovial had one page when the scouts go see cannibal holocaust and come back and massacre the scout leader, where is it.

and the one with the pregnancy "he didn't fall for it" joke too, there can't be more pages in a translations into a different language

Look for Pervert Pappy in the archive.

Cheers, thanks.

I'm not finished, I just took a break while eating dinner.

I don't either. Some references are lost I guess (it is a pretty old comic).
The foot though refers to a French phrasing (literally "I took my foot") meaning "that was awesome"/"I had a good time".

is that a snake in your pants or are you just delighted to see me?

Beatles
Stones (duh)
King Crimson
Beatles
Deep Purple

Rest doesn't ring any bells. I cheated and googled the Deep Purple one.

>Admit it, you want to publically humiliate me! Little shit.

this reminds me of another gotlib strip, where a grandpa with alzheimers tells the story of how he is blessed with a day's full of fish every day, because he helped a breton-goblin once. On the condition that the blessing will go away if he ever tells the story to another soul.

I'd be really interested to see this page translated.

well i read it in German when i was a teenager, need to find that book and a scanner i suppose.

The song in question.
youtube.com/watch?v=STyPkLN9oIQ

I read only excerpts of it in a local humour magazine. That page was sadly not translated.

This guy is a good role model for the kids.
>SSSSH! Don't disturb him! He's on an acid trip!

aaaand forgot the image.

am back.
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:33CF9CB45F7ACDF1B8868612323EAB884B772F46&dn=Tout%20Gotlib%20Ou%20Presque&ws=&ws=

You will never have boy scouts buy you an inflatable sex doll for your birthday.

>aille ouante you hold yor hende
>blou suede chouze
>lets tuiste aguéne
>ai kent guette no satisfequecheun
>kent baille mie love
>oine-tou-sri au-cloque fort au-cloque rocque
>role ovaire Beethoven
>HITTE ZE RAUDE JACQUES

Can you hear any of these playing as you read the phrases out loud?

I imagine this one would make for an amusing translation too.

>that literal guitarwank
Even if you don't speak a lick of frog, Gotlib is still worth reading for the visuals alone.

>braaaaaap

agreed.

And this was Hamster Jovial and the boy scouts by Marcel Gotlib, for your enjoyment.

and in case this guy is here, please go on, impress us. If you can translate the entire thing, I'll buy the book so we can have better scans, these old ones have a lot of the sides cut off.

waiiiit a minute. Is any of you french ? I'm really surprised Gotlib is famous outside of french speaking countries.
I have all of the Gai Luron, which was my favourite comic when i was in junior high. Cant be bother to scan one though sorry. But gai luron is the shit

Some of his works were translated in other languages. We only got bits and pieces here in Hungary but god damn they were great (we also got incredibly high quality translations to go with them).

Merci beaucoup.
>mfw max 30kb tho

I've cut all other upload, so it should be a tad better

Rubric, Rhaa 1+2, Hamster, Perverse Pepere and Rha-gnagna has official translations in my country.
They were done in the 80's/early 90's and the publishers that did them has long since died so it's virtually impossible to get them now, unless you have several extra arms and legs you're willing to part with.

——in any case someone else didn't have them, it's the almost integral in french. be prepared to suffer the long wait tho, currently 100 kb/s

>Celtic song / Awesome! / So Good! / Brilliant! / Yeah!

>Awesome! So nice of you to sing some of these beautiful Celtic songs!
>- Thank you so much!

>About that, I think the wolf cubs want to honor the Celtic culture, as a mean of thanking you!
>- Really ? How nice.
>- It is the least we can do.

>I must say I don't know what they prepared. They kept it secret. They meant it as a surprise for you and me as well.
>- Really? That is so nice.
>- (???)encourage them to take the lead.

>... at this age, they need to express themselves without the bearings of an adult.
>- Such a brilliant way to think of education.
>- You get it. It is essential.

>So, kids, what have you prepared? A little play? A song?
>-Errr a song.
>-Bravo ! We're listening.
>-On my count.
>-They are so cute.

>Ready ?
>Walking by the cemetery
>I heard a dead farting
>It shows that once dead
>You don't have a stick up your ass

Yay, thank you! I'll try to keep seeding myself when I'm done, getting higher upload than download speeds ironically.

should I let the torrent run overnight ? or is it fine for you to wait for tomorrow ?

Enjoyed it very much, thank you.
I like how he doesn't care about taboos.

(cont.)

[Famous Brittany-related chorus]
>They have round hats
>Hurray for Brittany
>They have round hats
>Hurray for Britons

>Grandpa and Grandma used to sleep bare
>Until Grandma bit Grandpa's arse
>[round hats chorus]

>A poor family couldn't get warm
>They shat on the table and got warm with the fumes
>[round hats chorus]

>I've heard in Italy
>They cut the willy
>Of those who pee in bed
>In order to make spaghettis
>[round hats chorus]

>Paringaux has a willy
>bigger than a match
>[round hats chorus]
(I don't get this one)

>When a woman get jaundice, the best remedy
>Is to put comfort between her thighs.
>[round hats chorus]

>My father fucks my mother
>Not for fun, but for work
>So we get one more brother to work in the fields
>[round hats chorus]
>Honor the Celtic culture, right?
>Heh Genuine... pure children... how can I say...

>You couldn't pick something more common, such as Théodore Botrel or Alain Barrière ? [regular French singers back then] Come on ! Or Robic! Or Pleve(???)? These are not hard to find, for Christ sake!

Well, according to my current download speed, it will take 2 hours yet, so it'd be cool if you could leave it at least that long.

il'll try staying up late enough

I think it's
>Paringuaux has a willy
>no bigger than a match
>he uses it on his potty
>long live Paringuaux's willy

Makes sense!

>>I've heard in Italy>They cut the willy>Of those who pee in bed>In order to make spaghettis

I'm fucking dying.

RIP, Gotlib.

I should scan my vol1 of LPMQNPPDG one day. It's in bad enough condition that I wouldn't care. any takers ?

>LPMQNPPDG

uh... what?

1 hour to go.

fucked up the acronym, it's PMQNAPPDG (the little mickey who is not afraid of the big ones— a little mickey being a condescendant calling for a dcomic drawing). a humorous fanzine started by frémion that involved more and more of the french scene.
is from that.

Cool stuff.
The music in particular.

should be good then, found something to stay awake

it's called vol1, but it's a best of each issue btw

ah, I see. Go ahead, scan it. I'd be interested.

should be done in twelve hours or less. If the thread is gone, I'll post it in the comic thread of /t/

The Beatles: Abbey Road
The Rolling Stones: Sticky Fingers
King Crimson: In the Court of The Crimson King
Joe Cocker: Mad Dogs & English Men
Deep Purple: Deep Purple In Rock
The Who: Who's Next
Frank Zappa - 200 Motels
Black Flag?
John Lennon?
Pink Floyd - Ummagumma
?-?
?-?

>John Lennon?

It literally says "imagine" on the picture, dude.

page 2 bottom left is Captain Beefheart - Spotlight Kid.

It's even mentioned on this page:

>Black flag?
it's Magma-Magma aka Kobaïa
last one Bob dylan ?