Did anyone check out Grant Morrison's show last night? It went full Morrison pretty fast

Did anyone check out Grant Morrison's show last night? It went full Morrison pretty fast

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=L9pVkry8jJA
reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/7i8khi/ama_with_grant_morrison_executive_producer_of_new/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You could tell the Crank director was behind it.

Jason Stratham would not have been out of place

Chris Meloni is a pretty good TV budget Jason Statham

pretty decent start, I hope this is only a mini series and doesn't continue after it's run through the course of the comic. Maybe they can adapt another morrison comic to replace it?

Was it good? I recall hearing that the comic is some of Morrison's worst work.

The actual show is fine for now, but yes, the original is probably Morrison's worst comic.

Someone storytimed it a couple days ago. It was ok, at points it felt like a parody but it just couldn’t decide whether to be more comedic or edgy.

havnt watched it yet but syfy has the episode on yt youtube.com/watch?v=L9pVkry8jJA

wasn't great but no where near the worst thing I've ever read either, just kinda meh with a few edgy things thrown in here and there.

considering its syfy 1 to 3 seasons are a given.
Its already diverted some from the story in the comic so its possible we get further adventures of Meloni and Happy past saving his daughter.

Best way to end season 1 is how it ends in the comic and if it goes into a 2nd season have him being revived or someshit.

Personally I'll watch it no matter how long it goes just for Chris Meloni being an asshole

Sweet nice
Thanks

That was great

Kind of wish this was on Starz so they don't have to deal with cable restrictions

When's the Seaguy adaptation?

for all the channels faults syfy does allow all their shows pretty much free reign on everything except graphic sex and nonstop nudity.

Even then Magicians and before that Being Human both get/got away with it semi regularly.

Starz you'd have a bit better budget and no commercial breaks but it'd be a toss up on which channel Happy would survive on longer.

Starz shows rarely make it past 3-4 seasons, while most popular syfy shows make it 3-5.

Nothing makes it past 5 seasons on syfy because thats when syndication hits and the price to pay the actors jumps up and they pull the plug

>considering rereading the comic
MORRISON YE DOOBER
YE DID IT AGAIN

So far pretty enjoyable.

Yeah, that's why Eureka got canceled. The creatives at the network wanted to keep it going, and the ratings were still strong, but the penny pinchers didn't want to pay the rising cost.

how does CW do it, Smallville ran for 10 years

Isn't there supposed to be an AMA for Grant on Reddit today? How's that going?

It's going on right now
reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/7i8khi/ama_with_grant_morrison_executive_producer_of_new/

>Likes cats over dogs
>Likes Babs over Starfire
>Likes Veronica over Betty

MORRISONNNNNN!!!!!!

It's definitely his worst. I felt absolutely nothing after reading it. Like said, it never finds a footing or says anything. It's over the top edge, but never really makes a statement on edgy comics, so it doesn't feel like a parody. But it's Morrison, so it doesn't quite read like it's playing it straight either.

It's honestly just a mess.

Classic Grant.

SO I watched the first episode and it seemed like it covered the first 1 and a half issues pretty well. But there's only 4 issues, and by this rate there's not even gonna be 3 episodes. How many episodes does this have again?

>CAPTCHA: STAR CARRIER

IIRC 6

YOu see, it's always the same with Morrison.
>read a book by him
>like it or dislike it, no matter because I always end up rereading it

Pure edge

So fucking good and Sup Forums ignores it.

Morrison wrote the screenplay, that's awesome cause it's one of the closest comic to tv adaptions i have seen. I was laughing my ass off the entire time

This man is pure fucking gold.

It's just a comedy man, lighten up. Not everything Morrison does is ment to be critiqued like a masterwork. This is one where he is just plain having fun. All the over the top edge just makes me laugh and it becomes even more ridiculous when the imaginary friend shows up. It's not his best work, but it's one of his funnest.

Four episodes. Which in of itself is a pretty Morrison joke to end after Christmas.

I dismissed the comic because it seemed like he was phoning it in and trying to be Ennis or something, but I was pleasantly surprised by the first episode of the show. Just enough Morrison flavor in there to keep me coming back.

The part with the coffee was done great in the show!

>the original is probably Morrison's worst comic.
It's Morrison at his most generic.
Which, you know, involves the physics of imaginary friends and cult streaming kid-snuff to sell to the debauched and jaded ultra-rich.

But that's the sort of thing Grant picks out from under his fingernails. It's just so... normal.