The True History of Zack Snyder and the DCEU

forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2017/12/07/the-true-history-of-zack-snyders-impact-on-the-dceus-success/#403f568210a2

It wasn’t Zack’s fault, Sup Forums!

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/X8qmS
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Implying I'll click that jew shit.
Give us the rundown or delete the thread.

Well it's not ALL Zack's fault.
But it's easiest just to point at him than at everyone.

>Snyder was the first to suggest Superman fighting Batman in the second DCEU film

It is 100% that motherfucker's fault.

Making the second movie an unearned mash up of TDKR when Batman and Superman have never met before and Death of Superman when no one fucking likes this iteration of Supes has got to be the dumbest decision DC has ever made regarding the movies.

Let's archive that.

archive.is/X8qmS

No shekels for company wars clickbait shit.

No shit. Doesn't mean he should have been chosen.

It wasn’t Snyder’s fault to initially decide to make the MoS sequel into a Batman/Superman movie. But it was his dumbass decision to adapt fucking TDKR and Injustice.

>It wasn’t Snyder’s fault to initially decide to make the MoS sequel into a Batman/Superman movie
Quote from the article

>>[When] we started talking about what would be in the next movie, I started subtly mentioning that it would be cool if he faced Batman. -Snyder

It was literally his idea.

There's no doubt there is blame to go around. But the movies had basic fundamental flaws in plotting and character motivation that no director should sign off on. It might not be all his fault but he let the painfully obvious flaws through.

This

Snyder got more freedom to do his "vision" than Nolan, Raimi, Reeves and every single MCU director

This guy is a hack, he got no excuses at all.

zack a gud boi! he dindu nuffin wrong!

I think Snyder is a poor director who doesn't understand theme or character, doesn't know how to develop arcs, and just thinks in terms of what would look "cool."

That said, the article is right in pointing out that the DCEU isn't entirely his fault. WB got greedy. They wanted to rush the movies out to get to Justice League and another Batman franchise as soon as possible. Instead of understanding that these movies sucked because they had poor stories, they assumed that the response was based entirely on tone, and mandated that projects either be darker or lighter in response to the last film's reception, without actually making the films any better.

They quickly lost interest in Superman, which explains both why he doesn't have a solo franchise, and why he's barely a character in the films he does appear in.

And, even if Snyder is the guy to blame, who hired Snyder? Who hired Snyder, knowing the quality of the films he already had under his belt? Who gave the guy responsible for Sucker Punch the keys to Superman.

>But Watchmen and 300!

Oh, you mean those two films that pretty much used the source material as storyboards? Those movies came out okay because he stuck so closely to the material that he didn't have room to fuck them up. And even then, they aren't amazing movies, they're just not terrible.

But original stories? This guy hasn't ever brought to fruition a good original story. Of course, he wasn't the screenwriter, but the director and screenwriter make a lot of choices together, and the director can alter things. That explains why Nolan was able to make some good movies with Goyer. Goyer isn't a great writer, but he understood Batman. And Nolan? He understands movies. But them together, and you get a great Batman movie.

But Goyer and Snyder together, and you get shit.

>But Watchmen and 300!
Who actually says this?
They were good films sure but it's not like I or even most other people for that matter ever met anyone that has ever said 300 was their favorite film.

Fake news. He said to have Batman and Superman fight in the third movie with a Batman cameo in the second movie.

>Who actually says this?
People from Sup Forums

But there were people who liked 300 a lot.

>Oh, you mean those two films that pretty much used the source material as storyboards? Those movies came out okay because he stuck so closely to the material that he didn't have room to fuck them up. And even then, they aren't amazing movies, they're just not terrible.
Snyder went off script for both Watchmen and 300. With Watchmen, it meant changing the ending in a way that creates holes and has flawed logic. With 300, he added in an attempted rape scene.
And that tells you everything you really need to know about Snyder. He can't do a cohesive story, and thinks rape is badass.

Pajeet please go

>I think Snyder is a poor director who doesn't understand theme or character, doesn't know how to develop arcs, and just thinks in terms of what would look "cool."
I disagree, but I don't know how much effort I should use in trying to prove you wrong since nobody ever listens anyway.

>Sucker Punch
Last time I talked about Sucker Punch the thread got nuked even though it was on-topic. I assume it's because the guy that challenged me was a mod and got butthurt that I was right.

Zack “I wanna see Batman raped in prison” Snyder

What did you say?

Can't say i ever met them then, either in real life or online. Vast majority I have heard other people from the films is a resounding "good not great " or only care/remember it for the meme.

Shyamalan has a better track record then him honestly.

tl;dr

>MoS was a work-for-hire job for Snyder. The movie was actually shaped by Nolan and Goyer for the most part, and Snyder's input was limited

>BvS was pretty much Snyder and Affleck collaborating with equal power over the final product, until WB decided to edit the film for theatrical release

>JL was a major studio film with Snyder's input sidelined and the executive's input prioritized at virtually every step of the way, eventually culminating in Snyder leaving the project outright

>Snyder is to blame but also the executives who accepted his retarded ideas and didn't give him the boot after so many failures

I always thought him leaving for "mourning" over his daughter was bullshit. She died months before he stopped working.

>peo/pol/

Someone asked me to "explain what Sucker Punch was about" in an attempt to stump me or something. I wasn't sure if he meant plot wise or themes so I have a little of both. I did it all from memory so it might not be as good as it could have been.

>You mean the plot or the themes? It's been a while since I've seen it but I'll try to do both without cheating. The plot is about this girl who tries to escape from an insane asylum after being unjustly put in there due to bribery. She succumbs to her mental delusions when reality gets too difficult because in your own mind you're free to do whatever you want.

>Some of the themes I noticed were how you should take and cherish the opportunities given to you, and how sometimes you should sacrifice yourself for the sake of others, even if you've worked really hard to get to where you're at. This theme of altruism confused me a lot because I've heard Snyder is an Objectivist and altruism is the opposite of Objectivism. This idea of altruism vs. Objectivism looks like it's also in BvS, and I think it might have to do with Snyder's Christian upbringing. Maybe he believes that most people are selfish and never do things selflessly, but there are some heroes that are beyond humanity, and like Christ, become martyrs for the sake of others. I mean, it's true though since there are some people who are willing to sacrifice themselves for others, ie non-family or friends, but those people are rare. I dunno, I found the movie to be pretty interesting in that respect.

Go back to trolling on Deadline and The Wrap, Zach.

>it's a Mark Hughes shilling for Snyder episode

Snyder not being 100% at fault doesn't mean he isn't still a shitty director.

Zack Snyder, on Man of Steel:

>In the original version of the script, he just got zapped into the Phantom Zone. David [S. Goyer] and I had long talked about it, and Chris [Nolan] and I talked long about it. And I was like, “I really think he should kill Zod, and I really feel like Superman should kill him.”

>The why of it for me was, well, if it’s truly an origin story, his aversion to killing is unexplained. It’s just in his DNA. And I felt like we needed him to do something—just like him putting on the glasses or going to the Daily Planet, or any of the other things that you’re sort of seeing for the first time, that you realize will then become sort of his thing.

That's the man they hired to run the DC movies. The one who needs to explain why Superman has an aversion to killing.

Have you guys ever noticed how people shove moralfaggotry into every discussion about Synder?

Sucker Punch was nothing more than "wouldn't Cuckoo's Nest be COOL if there was tits and samurai and dragons and shit blowin up"

This

Prove it.

>his aversion to killing is unexplained

That's not something that needs explaining. He's Superman not fucking Majin Buu

>Man of Steel was NOLAN's fault, not Snyder's!
Stopped reading there. The absolute state of Snydercucks.

hmm, maybe because the character of Superman is meant to be a Paragon of morality, hope, and the ultimate good guy.

you start fucking with that for a "cool scene" then you miss the point. and Snyder seriously missed the fucking point

not really, if that were the case the films wouldn't be so horribly cut before release and there would be no need for directors cuts.

>More freedom than nolan
are you fucking retarded?

>Snyder's major change was convincing Nolan to agree to let Superman snap Zod's neck

this single decision alone was responsible for trillions of kilowatts wasted in shitposting across the whole globe, kek

>make an almost 1:1 adaptation of Watchmen yet miss the point of practically every scene
>make a piss poor start to a universe MoS, which was rumored to be a rush job to avoid a lawsuit and it shows
>make a genuine disaster with BvS
>it's totally not Zack's fault his 4th DC movie sucks guys!

to be fair, Snyder wanted to add the squid in and kept pushing for it. i think it was a combination of Dianne Nelson and the script writer or something that didn't let him in the end.

>thinks rape is badass.
He's a Alan Moore fan, what can you expect.

Also what?

Same with Superman's trunks. Snyder was the hero we needed but he just wasn't strong enough.

Don’t forget Sucker Punch!

see

But who was tornado Pa Kent idea guy?

Should I go ask him then?

I mean you could or you could just see his interviews which would say otherwise.

A lot of people giving interviews to control damage and preserve their careers

>I love Batman v Superman, I think it's exceptional and is unfortunately very misunderstood
spotted the Snydercuck.

>yeah I totally ripped off this old Nicholson Film
Do you expect him to just say it?
DESU my riff is just my own opinion, Its the feeling I got while watching it. Before you ask, I wanted to like SP, the trailers were ballers. But the movie missed the mark