Christopher Priest interview on his New JL issue

observer.com/2017/12/writer-christopher-priest-on-his-first-justice-league-comic-for-dc/amp/

Priest continues to be based as fuck. Its fun to see a guy gives just enough shit to give it straight while still caring about his output. Honest without being a dick.

I myself am stoked for his run, while the "Who watches the Watchmen" bit has been done before with the Leauge it's usually about power or "can we trust a private army of unilateral gods" I cant remember the last time a "Superhero oversight" story was kicked off by a legitmate fuck up at DC. (I guess Kingdom Come, but the Leauge werent the ones who messed up in that one.)

Hes a good writer but a lazy cunt, he hasn't even read Green Lanterns, why the fuck was Simon praying and Jessica saying "ese" it's only 30+ issues long for fuck sake, same thing happened with the Lazarus contract

You must be a fucking casual. This is what happens in serialized superhero stories, new writers build on whats happened before and tell their own variations of the characters.

Like how Azzerello has Superman go to church, or how the radio plays made up kryptonite as a concept.

Stop being a bitch, there is no “one true version” of ANY big 2 superhero character.

I like Priest but that JL issue wasn't anything special and in the case of what happened with the terrorist, its non-sensical when Wonder Woman was right there.

I never said there's one true version, but Simon is not a practicing or "good" Muslim and Jessica didn't grow up on the streets

>America wakes up and realizes it’s no longer 1968, the benign Silver Age of comics where everybody in Comic Book Land was white and middle class, and the average (white) man on the DC Universe street cheered as the heroes flew by.

If this was anyone else besides Priest or a few other experienced writers, I'd be worried about SJW nonsense. I trust Priest to write an interesting, nuanced story with political overtones.

> I’m just saying, as a general observation, the way the decks get shuffled in this industry could bear some scrutiny.

Be interesting to hear him elaborate on that.

The whole bus driver bit is a cool piece of trivia, too.

The explosion knocked her to the lower floor.

I'm glad that Priest is getting a chance to write some Justice League, even if it is just for a short run. After Hitch and Johns, we deserve at least a bit of well-written Justice League before it gets turned over to Bendis. I mean, who knows HOW long the Bendis Justice League run will last. That fucker will spend a full year on one arc if he gets the chance.

Reminds me of the new universe book where star brand deals with everyday life.

Wouldn't an explosion capable of knocking down Wonder Woman actually kill or seriously injure everyone else?

>unironically defending laziness and poor characterization
user, come on. I get you love Priest, but he's a human being who fucks up. It's unhealthy for you not to acknowledge that.

>ese
Really? That's just inexcusable when writing these characters is literally one's job.

It's the editor job. But you act like this is new in serial fiction?

Only 60s to 80s marvel had thight canon and characterization.

What drives a man to shitpost like this?

Faggot

Man, Jessica using spanish for the first time ever is bad writing. it's super bad writing to just assume a Latino character uses spanish

>editors
>editing
Oh user, we both dream of a world where comics people actually give a shit about doing their damn jobs. Alas, this is not that world.

Also no, this is not new, which does not make it any more acceptable. Some basic research is not too much to ask.

>B-but I don't have time to read a bunch of books!
Yes you do, cause again, this is your job, Priest. I have never read Jessica and Simon's book, and even I know that you got basic shit about them wrong. Step up your game, dude.

Its his job to write the books amd he writes a lot of them. Deadlines included their isnt much time for homework. I mean I prob wudda emailed their books writer at least though.

She took the brunt of the explosion shielding the nuns, and it killed one of the terrorists.
Still, kinda stupidly written, especially for a pro like Priest.

Knockimg her down is just a product of her weight and gravity. It didnt hurt her ofc but it still blew her back.

Why are you complaining? It's ok what he did, you nut-bag

>homework
>doing basic research is considered homework now
Again, even I know that Jessica was born and raised in the US, and that Simon's faith means about as much to him as a sandwich. There is no excuse when even people who go out of their way to avoid certain books no more about them than the people who are paid to write them.

Laziness is never okay. Nor is what may be casual racism.
>character is Latina, so obviously she engages in Hispanic street talk
>character is a Muslim, so obviously he prays even while on another planet
I mean, fuckin' what?

If only he wasn't too lazy to read the only run of Green Lanterns.