I like the 80s cartoon. Should I watch the 2003?

I like the 80s cartoon. Should I watch the 2003?

It has less jokes and is more serious but it's still good in it's own way

yes. more people should watch the TMNT I grew up on.

I couldn't get into it. Hated the art direction and it was too obviously a "4kids" show.

I tolerated it up until they went to space, and then I just checked out. Same with the 2012 series.

The important thing to take away from it is that Raphael is cool but rude.

I heard the intro music in my head.

Watch the first three seasons then immediately stop because it goes down hill fast

>The virgin 87 cartoon
>The chad 2k3 cartoon

April looking bored as a turtle dicks her.png

87 are 13, 03 are 19

Gimme a break

And thus the only one to have a drawback to his personality, talk about low tier

yes,and you should watch the 2011 too

70-early 90's New York is so comfy. Also Dominos and Pizza Hut both had some advertising with this movie but neither of them really do that large, thin crust sort of pie everyone in that webm is eating. Gotta go to a local NY/NJ place.

I tried that abortion, it is shitty and kiddie. At least '87 had some groan worthy jokes instead of cringe

Why were the turtles obssessed with disgusting pizzas in this one?
shit like avocado with anchovies

Because they're sewar mutants.

>They grew up knowing only The disgusting pizza e everyone threw away
>grew to love it

>buzz buzz

character flaw but i accept it

I feel that of all the turtles he's the one to get the least development and screen time, which really sucks because I do enjoy his character a lot. I feel they worked out his anger issues too fast and then they never found anything to do with him.
There was that episode in which the turtles fought Cthulhu and it have them visions of their worst fears; lo and behold Raph fought the Shredder and saw his face under the mask. That was a very interesting idea I wish they had explored; his fear of becoming the bad guy because of his anger.
I think everyone got their own character arc sans him.

This scene always made me want Pizza when I was younger, and always disappointed that I never got it.

Keep in mind Raph as the angry one was still an ongoing development as the show was being created. I feel like the movie really solidified that, though the comics had a couple years by then to build it up.

Hell yes.

the 2003 cartoon isn't perfect....
>It starts out good, gets better but starts having bumps along the way here and there.
>Fast Forward is complete and utter garbage.
>Their version of the Shredder I've found is a kinda love it/hate it situation
>Casey Jones *finally* was done really well for a time, apart from the first live action movie.

Personally I felt that some of the turtles/characters in general would have nice development or portrayal only to become very one note the next episode/moment and Leo gets some rather annoying favoritism in various parts of the plot (it doesn't necessarily start off that way but it gets bad.)

Which brings me to Turtles Forever, the crossover movie. If you loved the original cartoon, TF is very mean spirited towards it in favor of the 2003 turtles. It becomes a broken record of contempt, even though the third act of the film is *awesome* by itself. Yeah the original toon turtles get a few moments and 80s Raph's 4th wall joke *was* funny, but the movie just doesn't want to accept them as being much more than annoyances to the 03 turtles. And then there's all that bullshit about how the original VAs from the original cartoon weren't offered a chance to come back because 4kids wouldn't hire union actors....

>crude

I found a place that sells pizza by the slice. It's reheated but it has enough business that the cheese is stringy, and the single slice is like it came from an extra large

Unironically you should watch Gargoyles if you liked 80's TMNT

after watching 60ish episodes of the original series in order, I can see where Turtles Forever got their kicks on the old ones. They were more remembering the turtles...essence, rather than their actual characters. I guess it didn't have enough time or care to establish their personalities, they gave priority to the story which is fine. I just enjoyed seeing April and Irma in that walk by, or original Rocksteady and Bebop pre-mutation.
haven't seen 2K3, but I saw Turtles Forever. It's kinda cute how they're annoyed by what made them popular. then they all get shown up by the comic badasses

It's amazing how good those movies were
Props to the stuntmen

Goliath Chronicles never happened
How many shows have "X never happened" to keep them good?

>70-early 90's New York is so comfy
Isn't that the period when crime was at its worst?

I guess you should give it a chance. But do know that they are different.

Be warned, it is much more true to the dark turtle roots than the the 80s cartoon

And Michelangelo is a party dude!

Is there a better Shredder than 2003?
Not even asking in a "confirm my opinion please" kind of way these questions are usually asked on this site. My exposure to TMNT stuff has been limited to live-action shit, 80s and 2012 cartoons.
So far 2003 Shredder is the one I'm enjoying the most and I want to know if there's an incarnation that's at least as menacing and memorable.

IDW Shredder could be a contender.

The first one is my favorite looking 90s movie. It's so dark

To be fair, each turtle got almost the same amount of episodes that were focused on them individually.

WHAT THE SHELL

Battles and animations are better.
Characters (and the cartoon as a whole) are more serious and fleshed out.
Shredder is an actual threat.

In my opinion 2003 cartoon is the best TMNT-series.

what is the best Raphael action figure? from the old toy line