The DCEU is dead. Bury it. Consider it mercy

The DCEU is dead. Bury it. Consider it mercy.

variety.com/2017/film/news/dc-films-justice-league-1202632214/

UNFORGETTABLE
THAT'S WHAT YOU ARE

More quips

>in the same year where Logan was beloved and at a time where The Dark Knight is still seen as a masterpiece, there are anons that honestly think the DCEU is a disaster because it doesn't have jokes
Embarrassing.

not just them ALL of DC is dead

WB knows it's impossible to make a good movie with these unlikable and unrelatable characters

January is going to be a lot of fun. Expect news of Affleck dropping out.

>Warner Bros.’ corporate leaders at Time Warner support the moves and are said to be unhappy with the financial performance of “Justice League.” The film was intended to be DC’s answer to Marvel’s “Avengers,” uniting the likes of Superman, Wonder Woman, and Batman under the banner of a team of world-saving superheroes. With a budget reported to be as high as $300 million, it represents an expensive bet. After three weeks of release, it has managed to gross $570.3 million worldwide. In contrast, the first “Avengers” film racked up $1.5 billion.

You ever wish you could be a fly on the wall within WB headquarters during talks? I kind of want to see pissed off ranting
>You fucks can't bring in a dime on fucking Batman!?

Go be stupid somewhere else.

Yes. And do the same to MCU. From now on, superhero movies should be standalone films or series of films. You won't get masterpieces like The Dark Knight Rises when Disney is keeping to the same generic formula for its eight movies a year.

>unlikable and unrelatable director
FTFY

>Masterpiece
>Dark Knight Rises
Please tell me this is bait

>You won't get masterpieces like The Dark Knight Rises
fuck off Sup Forums

TDKR was crap, Batman Begins was the better Batman movie

It's okay I like marvel movies and will be okay with DC movies becoming Marvel 2.0

now explain why every fucking DC movie NOT directed by Snyder is ALSO A PIECE OF SHIT YOU FUCKING RETARD

I can only imagine it looks something like this. Just demented old men asking impossible fucking things
>Make JL dark and serious but also funny and relatable. And Wonder Woman is the main character, but also Batman, who is a loser that everyone laughs at now.

Dark Knight Rises was meme tier, it was pretty bad

nope they tried that already DC is just dead

Basically a bunch of Yes Men afraid to speak up and say "That sounds fucking stupid"

Nope Wonder Woman was a marevl movie a did amazing critically and box office wise. DC can do a marvel impression fine when Snyder isn't directing.

There's a difference between not having jokes and being so serious business that the drama becomes a joke.

I love DC characters
so if it takes going to Disney for these guys to get a movie that respects the characters motivations, history, and has a story that doesn't look like Swiss cheese then I welcome the change

Imagine if Pixar got to do a legit Superman story

But...they did.
And they did it better than DC ever could!

count ten i like, only one of them i would call bad. List is kind of missing a lot though.

Don't be such a fag.

>I love DC characters
what are you retarded?

THREAD ALREADY EXISTS:

Well if you look at them as films and not from a comic adaptation, I'd say:

Great Tier
>Batman Returns
>Batman & Robin (in a The Room kind of way)
>The Dark Knight

Good Tier
>Batman '66
>Superman 1
>Batman '89
>Costantine
>Batman Begins
>V for Vendetta
>Dark Knight Rises

Eh Tier
>Superman II
>Swamp Thing
>Batman Forever (dat nostalgia)
>Superman Returns
>The Losers
>RED
>Wonder Woman

Bad Tier
>Superman serial
>Superman III
>Supergirl
>Return of Swamp Thing
>Steel
>Watchmen
>Jonah Hex

Oh Shit Nigger What Are You Doing Tier
>Superman IV
>Catwoman
>Green Lantern
>all of the DCEU minus Wonder Woman

I find it really sad that there are anons that have wasted literal years of their lives defending Zack Snyder's piss poor music videos.

>Tim Burton's Batman
>Christopher Reeves' Superman 1 &2
>Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy
>Wonder Woman
>V for Vendetta

Look at the ground: there's snow and ice — he slipped.

S1&2
Keatonbats
Nolanbats
Losers
Red
V
Wonder Woman

Entertaining movies, not brilliant and not totally faithful, but entertaining.

Butthurt

So it's over then. The Dark and Edgy world of Zack Snyder is finished.

I'll agree with all of these except for Watchmen.
Watchmen had problems but it also had the BEST adapted scenes.
The Dr Manhattan on Mars scenes is the best "animated comic" scenes ever done

Incredibles isn't a Superman story.
A very good superhero story, but not about Superman

Wouldn't be the first time something he made killed itself

Everyone compares dceu to Mcu. Mcu sells because of quips and light filters.

Mcu movies are fun but none are deep.

>Bury it. Consider it mercy.
It hurts me to read that, I haven't watched the movie yet.

And now DC is six feet deep

>Mcu movies are fun but none are deep.
I hope you're not seriously implying any Zack Snyder movie is deep. They have the depth of a student film. Recreating the framing of biblical paintings is such a shallow attempt at making some meaningless sacrifice have weight.

Nore depth than the MCU at least.

No, you are mistaking depth for overused slow-mo and in your face Jesus references. Don’t worry it’s an easy mistake, Zack made it all the time

Something that doesn't try to be deep is better than something that tries and fails.

Fuck, was hoping Johns would be too preoccupied fucking up movies I don't care about instead of my precious comics

Underrated post

It's more of a great Fantastic Four film rather than a Superman film. Something that the world still sorely needs after the middlin' FF1 and 2 movies, and that FanFourStick movie.

>I-it's the characters!

Is this the next evolution of the Snyderfag?

underrated comment

>Mocks Snyder with Snyder-edgy level pun
I don't even

I'd rather watch a dumb movie that doesn't take itself seriously than a melodramatic wankfest where everyone tries to be dark, edgy, and serious while trying to ignore the absurdity going on around them.

Because you're an autistic white manchild, it makes sense you'd have shit taste.

>t. DCuck

Kid was adopted

Doomsday and WonderWoman shouldn't have been in BvS. Batman should have killed superman. Then Batman realizes what a horrible mistake he made. So he seeks to redeem himself and bring hope back to the world by forming the League.

which is a problem because batman is now the most wanted man on the planet. Which brings wonderwoman out to hunt the batman down. wondy beats batman and about to take his mask off in front of everyone in metropolis. Then something horrible happens. Superman's grave is robbed. Batman gets away. Wondy finds him later in the batcave. where he is talking to cyborg, whom he already recruited. cyborg says that weird trans dimensional energy spikes happened at both superman and clark's graves. So batman and wondy put their differences aside, and investigate. Wondy gets lead to Atlantis and meets aquaman and mera. where they are already preparing for war. As the motherbox they have had since the first time darkseid invade is active again. batman following directions from cyborg, finds the flash. the speed force energy given off by him tripped cyborg's sensors as the same as booom tubes. back in the bat cave with all of them, mera is telling them all about history of earth, atlantis, the amazons, and Apokolips. When suddenly over Beijing, boom tubes, lots of boom tubes. Paradeamons and masked flying man. Aquaman and Mera go to get the forces of Atlantis, while Wondy rallies the amazons. Flash sent ahead and finds that Waller, Lex Luthor,and the Suicide Squad are inbound. Thinking another Kryptonian invasion. They are going to use a Kryptonite enhanced nuclear weapon to destroy Beijing. Batman and Cyborg divert to stop them, and save the people of Beijing(got to rake in those China market bucks). after days of grinding battle in China. The masked invader finally takes action to break the stalemate. Battling against Wondy and Artemis he has his helmet knocked off. It is Superman, who thinks he is darkseid's son now.

everyone but batman, flash, and cyborg seem ok with killing superman. aquaman sees him as a threat since under darkseid's power. Wondy wants to put him to rest. batman and friends finally secure the krypto nuke and come upon a plan. using cybrog and flash to change the radioactive signature of the syntheized kryptonite. to make it less than lethal to Superman. changing the glow from a green to a blue. any attempt to force the blue kryptonite onto superman fails. so batman takes it and hides it on a shielded pouch on his belt. batman goads Superman. Superman seeing no threat in the batman hovers in close and then wails on batman. being slow and sadistic in his pain infliction on batman. before superman delivers the killing blow, batman says something corny about Marth or lois. then he reveals the blue kryptonite. which causes immense pain and keeps superman from using his powers. batman shows that superman is taken out of commission. So atlantis, amazons, and the league rally against the remaining parademons. getting mera in to use the atlantean motherbox to seal the boomtubes. batman talks clark back into existence. while no one but clark can hear, batman appologizes and tells him how wrong he was. then has flash run out with the blue kryptonite. Superman reborn and seeing all the suffering he brought while under darkseid, goes into rage mode. tearing parademons apart or just incinerating them with heat vision.

stinger. Bruce Wayne with the league, batman being Alfred in a suit and not talking, in front of the UN building. Where he is announcing how Wayne Enterprises will fund the creation of the Justice League.

Just sell it to disney and let people who actually know how to make movies take control.

This post is glorious.

Logan was bad though.

What wasn't alive in the first place can't die

They should honestly just make Batman movies the same way they do James Bond. Stories that can be watched on their own or may have continuity between the film's of a single actor, but changing the actor every few years without it being a 'reboot' or having to retell the origin.

DC has issues with taking itself too seriously and pulling off stories and action scenes poorly. Even though wonder woman and JL were steps above the previous movies, they were still incoherent, jumpy garbage that DC has been putting out for a while.

>the best 3 superhero movies of all time are DC's
>there are more oscars in that picture than Marvel will ever get
Makes me think. They just need to find good directors and they are golden, they will always have better characters so it's a matter of time

Not even mildly sore, user

if people want to spend a bunch of threads talking about the same shit, that's there time wasted

Why are people forgetting that Wonder Woman made more profit than all MCU movies except the Avengers ones? The DCEU is just going to kick some hacks out and keep going

All the DCEU has to do is make movies that keep middle-aged woman showing up in theaters for a full 2 months. Should be easy for a comic universe that specializes in appealing to adolescent boys.

The problem with Justice League is that it tries to be a standard super hero movie with drama and that almost never works. The Dark Knight trilogy worked because it's not about Bruce fighting crime in Gotham, it's about Bruce's torn psyche and how it affects his relationships with others. That's why the movies end with him moving on past his desire to be Batman and going on to live a normal life. It's not your standard capeshit about a good guy fighting the bad guy.

I love serious movies, I actually prefer my cape movies to be more serious since I hate campy shit but the DCEU isn't doing it right

>adolescent boys
They got that covered with Suicide Squad, a movie that had a better return on investment than Civil War and made more than Winter Soldier without being released in China, don't worry

The problem with Justice League is that it wastes 2 hours having everyone in the DCEU's lives revolve around a version of Superman that the first two films not only avoided but completely moved away from.

Is this the new face of the DCfriend?
They've moved from "Box office totals don't MATTER" to being gurus on the complex shenanigans of Hollywood accounting.

Consider me goddamn amused.

>return on investment is a complex shenanigan
lol nah it's just some basic high-school shit actually and the true irony is having Whedon direct DCEU movies. But Justice League is flopping through and through and it was pure cringe, hardly a DCfriend here. Just stating some facts, Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman were absolute hits that performed way better than the MCU average so I don't think the DCEU is dead at all, just Snyder's career and a few WB suits too

ergo, trying to be a standard cape movie with drama but that doesn't work.

They spent so much of the movie focusing on the drama of the invasion and that Superman is dead instead of growing the characters that were there and showing how their partnership evolves with team work. nope, we get Flash, Aquaman, and Cyborg just dumped into out laps and we're told to accept them while knowing nothing about them and the only growth between the team is just Cyborg and Diana. Flash and Aquaman just becomes bros out of nowhere and Bruce spends most of the movie on Superman's dick

>Batman should have killed Superman
If you believe this, you know NOTHING about comics. It's not some autistic r/whowouldwin shit, it's because teasing that matchup is a moneymaker for DC, they will NEVER publish anything that gives a solid answer.

>evil Superman
No, fuck off. You're making the same mistake Snyder did from day one. You have to construct Superman before you deconstruct him. He shouldn't turn on the League until the third team movie at least, if at all.

>Beijing
Again, fuck off. Stop pandering to China.

>Wonder Woman is a dumb bloodthristy warrior

Miller/Johns/ Boon go fuck off with your shitty fanfic

You'd appear less of a DCfriend if you didn't keep repeating your talking points so insistently.

Just reorganize everything.

Reveal that SnyderEarth is Old Earth-1, the new movies introduce New Earth(Post Crisis Earth)

they have two movies to set up ; Aquaman and Wonder Woman 2. Have New Earth Flash (Wally West) appear to set up the DC Cinematic Multiverse.

Btw, it's really apparent that you are the "First five DCEU movies performed better than first five MCU films" user.

Your intense 'tism comes through pretty clearly in your posts. Prefacing them with "I'm hardly a DCfriend" and taking swipes at JL really isn't fooling anyone. Not that it matters.

That was my second post in this thread though

I think DC needs to abandon the connected universe thing altogether, but embrace their catalogue instead of relying on Batman. Make good movies and people will be down for weird obscure shit.

you were so butthurt that you meticulously went through the thread, one post at a time, to reply to every one

fully assblasted

Wider audiences don't have the investment in the DC universe as a whole to even begin to buy into this sort of shenanigan.
And let's not declare Aquaman to be some worthy addition to a comic universe before we unwrap it.

I'm impressed you managed one without repeating your mantra.

why? the only real problem is WB rushing everything to hell and not taking risks.

Hell, TDKR fans wanted a non-Bruce Batman so they can actually pull off Dickbats because the precedent is there; If not Dickbats, you could actually do Batman Beyond throw a truckload of money to Keaton and have him return as Bruce and then cast someone as Terry.

What are you talking about, friend?

because it hasn't been done yet. Would WB again wait until Marvel decides to use the Ultimate Verse on phase 4/5?

The only real problem is that WB fell on it's face at the starting line (Green Lantern), fumbled badly at the first turn (Man of Steel) and pulled a hammy into lap 2 (BvS) that any ground it's made up since has it catching up with Fox, not Marvel.
The whole DCEU thing comes off as a blatant "me too" cash-in rather than a heartfelt attempt to make enjoyable entertainment.

>Would WB again wait until Marvel decides to use the Ultimate Verse on phase 4/5?

The MCU is already very similar to the Ultimateverse, and there's nothing to indicate that they have any intention or need to completely reboot.
The DCEU runs the risk of becoming the Apology Universe of Blu Ray recuts if they keep on like this.

which is why you go to Storylines like Batman Beyond; "Battle for the Cowl" , "Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow" etc. Rebooting with the same lame origin stories isn't going to cut it.

which is why you isolate the Snyder films into one section, and create new ones under a new banner of the multiverse. It's the best way to save money on, you can still say the films can be non-connected but still fall back to "yes they're connected" if positively received, and it gives you CRISIS an actual big event movie.

Who needs an origin story?
And what makes you think WB and more importantly Time Warner are going to keep pressing this "shared universe" endeavor in the face of poor reception? They can explore other IPs and focus on just working with the DC stuff that resonates. It's stupid to blow billions trying to patch a leaky broke-ass boat.

All they had to do was play it safe in the start with simple origin movies and then pull an avengers.

Why the fuck did they try and immediately subvert superman with grimdark shit? Brainlet executives looked at some graphs and noticed nolans itnerpretation of batman made a shit ton of money? Why the fuck did they think it would work with superman, the happiest motherfucker on the block?

Fuck everything.

Again, you have WB risking egregious amounts of money on the premise that they MUST HAVE a copy of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

I wonder how many people who aren't Johns actually think that upstairs.

>Reveal that SnyderEarth is Old Earth-1, the new movies introduce New Earth(Post Crisis Earth)
See, your mistake is thinking the average audience gave a damn about "explaining" a reboot.

Don't even do that. Just reboot. Audiences know what a reboot is, they have seen it many times in many different franchises. Wasting an entire movie "explaining" why a reboot happens, is financial suicide.The average movie goer literally don't give a shit about continuity, they just want to know you have moved on and things are different. Trying to explain the reboot in-canon is just justifying Snyderverse.

you're failing to see that this is not a copy of the concept, it's an evolution of the concept. By creating a Multiverse, you not only open the connection to future movies being connected to these universes. You retroactively now can pull from your Old IP's characters, situations, references, settings.

If they pull it off right, there's now a possibility of doing a Batman Movie with Bale and Keaton at the same time, or a movie wherein Routh and Cavill switch places.

>Rebooting with the same lame origin stories isn't going to cut it.
You are grossly overestimating the movie going public. Pull the plug now and reboot everything, since a solid DC movie with snyder thrown in the trash would pull in the crowds, as proven by wonder woman. No stupid bullshit, no jesus imagery, no suicidally depressing tone. Just a solid superhero movie.

Not that it will ever happen because WB suits are in full panic mode.