twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

pastebin.com/xcnHsP24

Damn it, first thing I thought of was
>YOUR MAN-THING IS HAUNTED

>mfw no line of Man-Thing candles in stores right now

I'd read a Man-Thing/Tarot crossover

The styles meshing would surprise everyone

Hello, Storyteller.

Y'know, Priest's first issue of Justice League made me realize something. Nobody working in comic books actually gives a shit about comic books. Editors don't do any editing, writers can't be bothered to research even basic information about characters, artists constantly phone it in because the scenes they're drawing aren't interesting... It's like somewhere around the early to mid 2000s, everyone realized the industry was a slowing sinking ship, and they're all just waiting to drown.

Trades aren't the only thing killing the medium, apathy is putting in its grave just as fast.

Look, I'm not saying that Jim Balent is a goddamn crazy comics genius like Gerber was, but he does have a similar taste for genre-mashup and some weird-ass stuff played appealingly straight

Oh yeah. I can actually see it having a great verve.

fuck I am tired today

oh shiiii--

Gerber clearly loved filthy old NYC

it's kind of quiet tonight

yeah...

Maybe...Cali?

That's what happens when there's fuck all interesting going in the world of one's hobby.

The Outlaws find the Suicide Squad to be annoying whiners. That's something.

we're pretty untethered from having to be into current comics, tho

In that case, is it, for lack of a better word, stupid to read an entire series just for one supporting character?

See, I want to read up on Lyta Trevor, but she's only in a few things, Sandman being one of them. Thing is, I have no interest whatsoever in Sandman outside of that, so I guess Infinity Inc. is the only option. Already read Johns' JSA, and her stuff was just tying up loose ends from Sandman.

Sandman is...well, it didn't make Roy THomas very happy.

>YOUR MAN-THONG IS HAUNTED

Maybe not an entire series. Probably find what specific issues she's in and do only those.

It seems to me that the comics side of Sup Forums has been in a death spiral for ages, the speed of which has dramatically increased lately.

Sandman is comic kino tho.

Not that user, but nothing is for everyone.

No, this is comic kino.

>Sandman is...well, it didn't make Roy THomas very happy.
Why?

Well, yeah that makes sense.

I really should read Infinity Inc as well anyways, since you lot talk it up whenever it comes up.

lol

He looks like how I imagine people who say "kino" look.

He gave Hector and Lyta something of a happy ending and Gaiman shit all over it for OOC Lyta drama, including estrangement from the Halls

German?

Buck teeth and ugly ears

>Gaiman shit all over it
That's being overly dramatic. If every superhero got a happy ending, the world would be a very boring place anyway.

>Infinity Inc
Man, CotIE really fucked some good stuff over. I really liked OG Earth2... And LoSH.

wow, that was fucked up

thanks for reading, and we're going Giant-Size on errr Monday

>only 21 pages
fag

Thanks OP

Ah. So maybe I shouldn't bother then. Fine by me!

When I see the word Kino, I think of anime tomboys.

Do you think he's the guy who keeps insisting on Sup Forums that Gaiman had a huge hissy fit about Johns using them in JSA?

you're free to storytime whatever you want, sugartits

It's relevant to JSA, but I'm on record as Sandman not doing much for me

Does he even own a computer?

oh man i was gonna make a joke about Metal being made by someones who loved comics and people are mad bc they really liked a mediocre gaimen comic in high school and here there is already sandman discourse!

Thanks for posting as always, Storyteller.

Original Earth-2 wasn't a complete dumpster fire like the current one at least.

Interestingly, Lyta(sorta) was in Jimenez's run. Not really the same character, but it was something.

... Look, I just want Diana to get in on the family trend so we can have adorable WonderFamily antics. Is that so wrong?

>can't even spell "Gaiman" correctly
>can't even spell for shit in general
Sure, I'll take your word for it, The Sandman is "mediocre", despite what literally most people who have actually read it said about it, including those with an actual academic background, as opposed to (You).

speaking of earth-2 did the thread talk about King bringing back Helena Wayne in the Batman Annual?

i read (most of) it, i didn't like it. gaiman doesn't do it for me. different strokes! throwing the "you need to go to school to understand it" on me is nice tho

Well dang, I kept checking because you started late and I missed the whole thing.

So, a universally acclaimed series doesn't "do it" for you and you have the gall to call it mediocre. Different strokes indeed.

Over 250 pounds, I'm guessng.

are you neil gaiman? why does this offend you so much? some of us didn't have a goth phase

Appealing to authority to back up your opinions is gross.

>$76 a month apartment in New York

Man, that's like two zeroes away from the modern price.

Sandman is a meme, and started the decline in quality for the industry.
>b-but Vertigo
Hipster trash

Man, this chick sure does love showing off her legs.

Sorry bout that.

I knew Matt Murdock was lying about being blind!

Wait, is this Man-Thing's first blonde waifu?

I blame movies

Has anyone read any of these books? Are they out yet?

How Joe Casey does he go?

Yes indeedy, he has a thing for blondes

In that they're the actually popular version of the Big Two characters, or in that Warren Ellis started a trend of trying to make comics more movielike to the detriment of comic book storytelling?

Or Both?

Thanks for running.

DON'T GET HIGH AND SHOVE YOUR FACE IN CANDLES

I honestly don't think Gaiman gives a shit if people don't like his work.

Despite the permanent goth image he has, he seems a pretty positive. optimistic person and probably ignores them in favour of ones who do like him.

I read a few issues and he's bitching about pop culture or something again

Missed the thread

I've been reading a ton of pre-Crisis Legion and JSA stuff lately and it's making me realize how much I actually prefer them to the modern stuff.

Maybe it's because I'm probably younger than the majority of the people that participate in these storytimes but I greatly prefer the JSA being on the same world as the JLA.

I kept advocating that we split comics and cartoons, but no...

>including estrangement from the Halls
But I thought they were in literal limbo at the time.

Daniel Hall Dream isn't even particularly liked in Sandman fandom.

>a mediocre gaimen comic
Gonna have to be more specific

People only praise Gaiman because he's a " real writer" and if he only wrote comics no one outside of the industry would hold him up as anything more than above average

I don't know man, I kinda feel like Gaiman's more like an Otto Binder, a comics writer who eventually left comics for prose fiction, but without Binder's eventual depression and alcohol fueled return to comics.

Like, did Gaiman have any book books out before piggybacking both Sandman and Terry Pratchett with Good Omens?

It would have been fine if editorial hadn't ruin the second attempt at a happy ending.

Which is why this rumor exists

yeah he did...a biography on Duran Duran.