Sup Forums! WHAT ARE YOU DOING UP THERE!?

Sup Forums! WHAT ARE YOU DOING UP THERE!?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W6jzXXEQWXE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Going to show Whoosville what happens when you forget her name. Are you in, Grinch?

youtube.com/watch?v=W6jzXXEQWXE

WHAT WAS IT THEN?

WHAT WAS IT?!

I unironically enjoy this movie

This movie had some really great sequences.

Staying away from you.

Why did you censor the subtitles? The original was like 10 times more homophobic, and that's not even getting into Peter's tirade about how the holocaust never happened.

So you read it in order

Same. I hated being the only one in my ring of friends to enjoy how stupidly zany it was.

there are people who don't?

I've been wondering this since I was like eight years old.

I watched it earlier this week, and it was MUCH better than I remember.
Practical sets, effects, lots of humor kids would miss.

>grinch's face when he sees what happened to his daughterfu

It's considered a black mark on Jim Carrey's career

I wonder how randy would feel about being the biggest joke on here all year

It's my favorite role of his after Count Olaf.

Honestly the only people who would dislike this film are hardcore Seuss fans and Doug Walker bangwagoners.

i love this movie

The movie is pretty entertaining, no idea where the sentiment it was a bad movie came from. Jim Carrey and the general set design really made it unique even if it was radically different from the source material.

Who the fuck are you?

I don't see how you couldn't. I liked it even more than when I watched it as a kid.
Really? I thought he did a fantastic job.

>tfw Jim Carrey never broke the Grinch character the entire time they were filming

Must have been a nightmare before christmas

Same. I just love watching Jim Carrey ham it up as the grinch

at least he didn't go full leto

Are you guys ready

At least it's not live action but let's be honest, it's probably going to be terrible anyway.

>Illumination Entertainement
>Dr. Seuss
>yfw the whole Once-ler mess happens again

After the cat in the hat, Dr. Seuss's wife has stated that she is not going to allow live action adaptation of his stories anymore.

>Even director Ron Howard wasn’t safe from Carrey's twisted vision.

>"One time I yelled ‘cut’ and Jim turned to me and said ‘What if someone just stood in the middle of Whoville and yelled cut? Maybe those monkeys in Christmas sweaters would forget their trained routine of of holiday cheer.’. My jaw hit the floor and it never really came back up. That’s when I thought, is he getting in-character to play the Grinch, or is the Grinch something that’s been in him all along?”

“Sometimes I would go to look into the cameras, and I noticed Jim had put something in the lens. It was stuff like ‘What if cameras were garbage?', 'Would you be a steal a holiday?’ and ‘Lights. Camera. HUMBUG.’ I had to ask him to stop because I was getting too scared to direct.”

>Jim Carrey and the general set design really made it unique even if it was radically different from the source material.
The source material is not good. People just have a massive nostalgia-boner for Dr. Seuss's mediocre shit.

>grinchler fanart incoming

>The source material is not good
This board is for people who had childhoods you sour fuckwit

JURY
D
U
T
Y

lul

I dunno, I'm a pretty big fan of Seuss(I've got that book of all those WW2 era political cartoons he did) and Jim Carrey Grinch is in my top 10 Christmas Movie list(but then I'll admit my tastes could be in question since 8 Crazy Nights is also on that list)

>Cindy Lou is now an angsty pre-teen who doesn't like Christmas and insists on making the Grinch let her help him ruin it

Count on it.

I personally think it suffers if it's not the extended cut.

there's an extended cut?

You know it's the extended cut if when the Grinch is trying on outfits he wears a radiator/metal suit that he opens and you just see fire where his torso would be before mugging that yodeler.

It also has a scene where the mayor gets the envelope for who won the Christmas light decoration contest and he lies about who's name was in it and gives the award to the neighbor lady (the same one who has affection for the Grinch) because he's trying to woo her.

There's a bunch of stuff like that in the extended cut.

oh okay, I guess Freeform(formerly ABC Family) normally shows the extended cut, and I'm pretty sure the version on Netflix is the extended cut as well

Where are you Christmas?

the mayor rigging the light decoration contest was in the regular version.

What the fuck was the point of that backstory? His reason for hating Christmas in this version doesn't even tie into the moral of the story.

wow

The glitz and shallowness of the holiday was the final straw in his admittedly not entirely deserved childhood of ostracisation. Sure, he looked different from everybody else, but his naturally mischievous and belligerent behaviour made him a hard sell.

The climax is essentially him judoing himself with him thinking the materialism of the Whos would destroy them after he stole all their stuff but instead the absence of their possessions made them dig deep and find more genuine affections and attitudes.

Why do people like this movie but hate The Cat in the Hat?

Because the practical effects are much better for The Grinch, and Jim Carrey is a better actor than Mike Myers.

The Grinch, as zany as it was, also had some respect for the source material. The Cat in the Hat did not.

Remember that The Cat in the Hat is the main reason why we aren't getting any more live-action Dr. Seuss films.

>girl grows up to be a shameless slut
What else is new?

I don't hate the cat in the hat. The grinch is just much, much better.
woah cindy looks like THAT now?