A Puerto Rican American has called Gabby Rivera out on her shit

>boundingintocomics.com/2017/12/07/marvel-comics-writer-gabby-rivera-espouses-anti-white-racism/
Is this going to be the nail in Gabby's coffin and the end of Sup Forums's favorite series?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/Ni5GA
twitter
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>her
Her?

Even though America is enjoyable in a so bad it's funny type of way I can't wait for the comic to get cancelled.

I'm surprised she lasted this long

>Rivera somehow drags JLo and Ricky Martin into her Trump rant
Wut

Yes user, thats a she

if you were spanish youd hate her

im spanish and i hate her

Actually that’s a Latinx, you bigot

Underrated post

As a spic, I couldn't care less

the writer of the article is about to be labeled whatever the puerto rican version of uncle tom is

An Uncle Cheech?

By white SJWs no doubt, we all know how this generally goes.

anyone got that image of the sjw telling the brown person that she doesn't know better and she'll be offended on her behalf

Is Cheech from Puerto Rico?

> It’s like she doesn’t think people can’t have different ideas
Prooffreading motherfucker, do you do it?

If you're going to do an article only about her twitter posts rather than about her shitty comic (which is kind of gay but whatever), you might also want to include that time where she shit on POC waiters for allegedly treating white people better.

Nah, he's male so they'll just focus on that. They're equal on the race cards but he loses to her on gender so he loses the oppression Olympics. That's a much safer play.

I thought this was going to be about comic books but it's about Twitter. I guess that's just how modern comic books work.

something something internalized racism or something

There's basically a built-in defense in one of her tweets. He's one of the traitors.

what do you mean user? they're both latinx.

Surprisingly, Gabby keeps her racist comments out of America, the only one I can think of is the "Try me, Becky" line from the second or third issue.

He's mexican, but as a spic myself, it doesn't matter we're all cut from the same cloth and speak-a da same language.
Why would this Uncle Cheech be better?

The thing already got deleted by Papa Marvel, I think. I smell me a cover-up.

I'm Mexican and I hate her, fuck it even people from CR and Spain hate her.

Heck spaniards and Mexicans hate her, our mutual hate for her bullshit actually makes us have a civilized discussion.

Mexicans love shit like speedy because it's funny and we don't see it as racist, we can laugh at ourselves even when we see something that is actually racist and mean intentioned because we appreciate the irony or chuckle while muttering "Wye pendejos".

However this shit went too far, it isn't just unfunny but straight up pandering to some serious bullshit that doesn't exist in our language nor any community outside of some Chicano bullshit.

She basically got her paychecks on writing for something she never researched and thus we are left with something that is just so bad it stays bad.

Spread it "Marvel Censors bad press about America writer"

Off the top of my head
>punching white light with my brown fist!
>white fratboy robot villains
>she leaves her established white girlfriend for no reason and gets a black OC donut girlfriend
>only positive white characters are established characters from other books like Kate
And really the whole
>America is brown so that makes her a latinx
>latinos are all the same
>spanglish from someone who doesn't know spanish
could all be considered offensive.

still up for me

It's still up. Did you fuck up the URL?

Either way, it was archived: archive.is/Ni5GA

hey, how about we all send this image to bleeding cool? the leech will gladly steal this story, allowing traction to grow

It's still there though

Didn't break up America's relationship with a white girl to hook up with a brown girl that was in the same long distance situation?

>anti-white-racism
it's either one or the other in this country, amigo, not both

I don't remember the new gf's geographical situation being mentionned, but then I dropped the book a while back.
Regardless, you know, portals, it's a non-issue to begin with.

Kek, i wish i had saved the argentinean and chilean comments in her twitter before they were erased. As a Mexican i usually dislike how hostile they get at the smallest things or how the "banter" in the southern cone is literally "You guys are poor" or "jajaja probably someone in your family will be raped or killed xd", but when the issue with america travelling in latinamerica i really enjoyed it. I had never seen so many insults and people asking to not be included in her book.

I did a funny.

Thank you very much

No you didn't.

There are things so bad they make others suck just by mere association, No one wants to be associated with this shit.

>Mexicans love shit like speedy because it's funny and we don't see it as racist,

Speedy is clever, fast, witty, charming, and always stands up for his people. Heck, even his cousin, Slowpoke Rodriguez don't take no shit from no cats. He's a caricature, sure, but he's from a time when Ricky Ricardo was one of the best fathers on TV. Why wouldn't we like Speedy?

America... is just cringe. Mildly offensive at BEST.

Not really.
Every single "colored" character is a good amigx, and every single white character is evil.
It's fucking weird. It's like if Batman and Robin went around stopping villains and criminals who all just happened to be black 100% of the time.

this was drawn by a white cis male, aint it?

ciswhite female

Can anyone give me the archive, please?

In the first issue, America was allowed in to a college in a pocket dimension that she is only able to access through her portal powers.

She asks her girlfriend, who has a job, apartment, and her own life in California, to abandon everything to move in with her (when America herself has no living arrangements in the college yet), to basically squat in said college, where the girl would have nothing to do and no way to leave should she choose to. When the girl tells her that she can't do it and gives her a rational reason for it, and instead suggests to make the relationship long distance, America's first reaction is to immediately dump her and leave.

A few issues later, it's revealed that some brown girl that America interacted with two issues earlier is now in a relationship with her, and they are in a long-distance relationship.

Dang, that is an obscure reference. I wish the show was more like its pilot.

I would have no idea who this person was if Sup Forums didn't make a thread to cry about how offended they are every 20 minutes.

No, see, that shit only matters when it supports people like Gabby. There's ALWAYS a means of discounting anyone with a dissenting opinion. ALWAYS.

That's the point, it isn't just entertaining but an affectionate representation of a race through cartoons.

It's main purpose is to entertain, shit like America is only done for s paycheck and as a slate for some cuck to put their shit on page and charge people for reading it.

Latinx bullshit is enough to make the blood boil of anyone that actually speaks Spanish.

>America is brown so that makes her a latinx
I feel this needs to be emphasized. America is a dimension-hopping alien from an alternate dimension. She only 'became' latino when she literally went through several south and central american countries like a fucking catalog and 'decided' she wanted to be latino, capped off by her going to some random party and an old lady giving her a plate of fucking beans and rice.

Literally the only reason people are willing to accept this is because she's the 'right' skin color for it. If she were a shade whiter and had blonde or red hair, people would be screeching about cultural appropriation.

Literally no one is offended by Gabby Rivera. She's so pathetic and ineffectual that we love everything that comes out of her mouth. She is the gift that keeps on giving, a national fucking treasure.

It's been a while since I saw it, but yeah, the show suffered from Family Guy syndrome and I do recall the pilot being a twinge better, the recap of the family saying what happened every episode was unfunny too as the theme song did that, which was funnier.

>every single white character is evil.
Not Kate or Sharon. Not that I really disagree with your overall point.

>it doesn't matter we're all cut from the same cloth
yes it does. fuck off back to puerto rico or cuba or whatever other shithole you came from. you dont get to ride mexicos coattails

You forgot to mention the part where America can teleport instantly anywhere in the multiverse, so there's literally no such thing as a "long distance relationship" with her.

It's pretty heavily implied in the OC brown girl's debut that they've been in a relationship for awhile, and that America may've even been cheating on the original girlfriend with her.

At least I don't have to be smuggled into america in a trenchcoat.

Which one is Sharon?

It's a shame the response isn't from an SJW/antifa. It's always better when fuckheads like Gabby get called out by people they claim to "respect".

The only really good point is the racial purity point, and Gabby's obsession with it.

>dragging Ricky Martin and JLo into it
lmao
She realizes that Ricky and Jennifer don't get rants about stuff often in news because nobody cares about them anymore, right?
Also side note, just going through his twitter and you can see he posted a Trevor Noah video talking about what she states he supposedly doesn't care about twitter com/ricky_martin/status/ 878053891182481408
So she (and the writer of the article) is not even correct about him, he does care about that kind of stuff lol

Not seeing anything on JLo's twitter tho

>I feel this needs to be emphasized
I'm not sure honestly. I only mentionned it because SJWs care about cultural appropriation, but I think that concept is cancer and shouldn't be encouraged even when it suits you. Pointing out the double standard is fine though, I guess.

>he admits it
i knew it you fucking ricolino cunt. go smash some plantains and quit pretending to be mexican. and heres a tip for next time, mexicans DO NOT mix themselves with island niggers, so dont pretend like we do

Wait I meant Peggy (Carter).

I'm still mad she went in a rant about how she choose to be a "latina" with a bunch of flags from countries that share NO CULTURAL TRAITS AT ALL and are often labelled "latino" like fucking Brazil and Chile.

Motherfucker I'm Brazilian and I visited Chile and it was a total culture shock. Loved that place but it couldn't be any different if it tried.

HeX?

How did it take THIS LONG for someone to call her out for it?

>and instead suggests to make the relationship long distance, America's first reaction is to immediately dump her and leave.
I'm going to keep saying it, America was the bad boyfriend in a Lifetime movie

You know, shit would be easier if they actually went full Latino.

Yum Mexico there is pretty much all flavors when it comes to skin tone which makes it a non issue, if you see someone being an assume to someone it comes from classism or for their nationality.

A Mexican doesn't hate someone for having a different color, they hate them for coming from a different place and having different ideas, even in between Mexicans, you will hear a Mexican say "pinches chilangos" to anuone who comes from a specific area regardless of their color or instead of taking Muslim as a race or a country they call it what it is, a fucking religion which anyone can get so they say fuck that Muslim not because it's from Iran or that place but because his belief system is that of a fucking Muslim.

It's kind of funny to see how Americans don't get it, they think of race as a skin tone instead of the important stuff.

Think of it you aren't an African American, you are just American, you aren't a Mexican American, you are an American.

Of course if you go full retard you are a Chicano, but that's the end of it.

That's a lot of big words from someone with such shitty education.
Shouldn't you be cleaning the donkey show stage or trying to get into america for the umpteenth time?

Why would anyone want to pretend to be a Mexican? It's like pretending to be Zimbabwean, a pointless detriment.

Wait, where was this implied? If I remember right, Magdalena just messaged her for help and flirted with her. They weren't dating when they reunited in issue five, since that's where Magdalena explained that she was afraid of her feelings for her.

>I feel this needs to be emphasized. America is a dimension-hopping alien from an alternate dimension. She only 'became' latino when she literally went through several south and central american countries like a fucking catalog and 'decided' she wanted to be latino, capped off by her going to some random party and an old lady giving her a plate of fucking beans and rice.
I think you've got that in reverse. She gets adopted by the Puerto Rican family, then faffs around South America.
Though, even in that order, it's still kind of bugshit.

It's the whole SJW mindset about "People of color", which is a really offensive term they use to lump anyone with melanin in their skin together. They talk about being "progressive", yet care nothing for cultural nuances. Cubans are as different from Mexicans as Canadians are from Australians. Yet we're all "Latino".

LATINX ISN"T A WORD, BITCH!!!!

>Yum Mexico there is pretty much all flavors when it comes to skin tone which makes it a non issue
Reminds me of all those non-US non-latino brown comedians who have bits about latinos coming to them on the street in the US and speaking to them in spanish and then getting mad when they can't answer in kind.

bitch please. talk all the shit you want. at least im not from the same place that birthed that racist misandrist fat dyke cunt. oh, sorry, it birthed TWO if we count you

because their countries are THAT much worse. if you think mexico is that low in the chain, these are just that much lower and they grasp onto mexico to make themselves not look so bad

Just imagine all the things she'll say to Cebulski when he finally cancels America...

>racist misandrist fat dyke cunt
You have no idea what any of those words mean, do you? I say we're cut from the same cloth, and you nearly shit your filthy mexican potato sack.

>Mexican'ts this triggered over nothing
Beautiful

>Surprisingly, Gabby keeps her racist comments out of America,

Not really, given that every bad person is white and typically blonde and every PoC is good, images speak as loud as words.

>Magdalena

Give me a heart attack why don't you?

America (vol.1, 2017-) is a brave, political comic, tackling complex social issues.

What the hell ist that?
Does it try to look like a hip human?

(you)

Dude, I'm Mexican and I can drive two hours to enter into a fucking Mennonite village or little Japan in the same state.

Fuck it I just gave to go to the beach to see people that speak completely different from my accent, Mexico is diverse as fuck so I can already picture how fucking inane it is to travel from border to border of countries here.

Grouping us as Latinos just because it's easy to group us by language it's a big fat mistake when it comes to culture, Latino is a compilation method not a race.

I'm Latino and white because my paternal grandparents were European, that doesn't make me less Latino than her, in fact I speak Spanish (en tu cara Gabby) but according to her logic I am not Latino, even though my maternal grandparents were descendants of indigenous people.

Fuck this world... who thought that hiring Gabby Rivera was a good idea? fucking Alonso.

Was this before or after the white girl was kept on a leash?

quite the race war we have here

>lip piercing
>hat off to the side
Does she not realize how fucking white that shit is?

Lol, this Mexican put too much salt in his rice and beans this morning.
Ricans and Mexicans are cut from the same cloth alright. The dish rag.

Oh jeez, that was bizarre.

>ur dum
nice argument. heres a rebuttal, fuck you. mexicans dont like you. we are not you. you are not us. fuck off

imagine some pitch black argentinian saying hes as white as you, and when you tell him hes not, he calls you stupid. thats what this island nigger is doing

This edit is so fucking stupid, but it makes me laugh every single time.

Mexicans don't get triggered they just laugh it off.

You would be amazed how chill they can be over shit they can't change or stuff some idiot say in the internet, unlike muricans they know when to just laugh it off.

>35
>thinks she'll make it to 135

She'll be lucky if she makes it to 40 before her organs start failing.

>100 years

Oh honey no. The way you're taking care of yourself you're lucky if you've got another 20.

>MEXICO IS WHITE!

>lardass who looks like she subsists entirely on nachos
>seriously believes she'll live to be 135, which almost 2 decades older than the world record

This is what delusion looks like.

>today is my born day.
who the fuck talks like this?

Tio Samuel?