How did this show manage to make Robin so fucking cool?

How did this show manage to make Robin so fucking cool?

Robin was already cool

Pure, unbridled early 2000's edge

They just wrote him more like Batman.

They played his brooding edginess totally straight and it worked out great. He was more like a teenage batman.

Voice actor nailed it

>Cool
Funny joke.

no batman telling him what to do.

biggest reason the justice league never appeared. the moment they do, the titans go from an autonomous unit into a supervised unit like young justice.

the mask

>dick's name and connection to starfire
>jason's bad boy aura
>tim's genius

He was a Frankenrobin combining all their best traits.

Because they made robin dick and not tim.

Gave him pants and not boytoy shorts

Really good VA who understood the character the writers were going for.

They gave him a personality complete with logical motivations and flaws.

It didn't.

Pants.

Cool? I fucking hated this little bitch, he was annoying, obnoxious "so above them all" cunt with a stick up his ass, also a manlet lmao. Probably that's why he was so angry all the time.

Because they basically focused on Robin's inner issues. Over time, I noticed that BAS Robin has a problem with being shown as a hero but rather than a sidekick for Batman. So he starts to take himself seriously, but it's not stupid like changing his name and getting all edged up. Robin becomes more detective, sneaky, martial arts, focused, and more of a leader over time. It shows tremendously on how big hits like Slade almost fucking killing Starfire to the point where Robin goes incognito in Teen Titans Tokyo Drift.

Spiky Japanese hair style

Martial arts

They didnt. He seemed like a no powers tryhard that whined about Batman/Slade daddy issues then and he's the same way now.
All the other randos like Speedy and Aqualad were way better. Cyborg was better. Beast Boy was better whenever he wasn't rattling on about tofu shit.

A few things. The main one being that Batman wasn't around, so he didn't have to drag around the fact that he was a sidekick and got focus as his own hero. I remember as a kid, I was unsure if he was supposed to Batman's Robin or some separate entity all together.

Maybe instead of HELLO MEGAN and Light keikaku, that was the real beef TT fans had with YJ.

>leadership role
>no batman to cast a shadow over him
>only one without superpowers, yet is able to keep up if not outright outdo teammates
>personal rivalry with one of the most imposing and intimidating villains around, even if it was mostly the voice actor
>no fucking shorts
>his mask slightly dehumanizes him, making him less approachable
>the light colour scheme still shows he's definitely the good guy
10/10 take on Robin

I love both series and I don't understand the hate for either one. Also, while I dislike TTG, I still respect them for getting most of the voice actors back for it.

>Took BTAS Tim Drake
>borrow some design elements from Dick Grayson Robin
>make him more like Justice League Batman
It was a winning combination

I prefer TTG Robin Tbh. 2003 Robin was cool but boring. His whole character was "I'm a hero" and nothing more.