Amoral people cannot write heroes. They write villains who from their perspective look like heroes...

Amoral people cannot write heroes. They write villains who from their perspective look like heroes, which is why modern superhero comics are so garbage.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1TUkxjkctI8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The D&C review of this was unironically good. Fuck this comic blows.

I can only imagine that the writer is such a self-loathing attention whore that he wants gays to be hated so that he can get a victimhood rush. That's the only reason I can think of why someone would write a character like this. If the average gay person acted like Bobby Drake they'd still be getting stoned in the town square.

I genuinely wonder what kind of people like this Bobby as a hero or if there are any people who enjoy this story.

Haven't read his comic, what did he do?

he ate a republican baby

One critique I have about D&C is that he's very uncharitable about the characters he pans.

Don't get me wrong, the Marvel characters nowadays are vapid morons and dicks, but he takes it to the extreme at times and calls them sociopaths.

As for this comic, who was this meant for?

He’s extremely bitchy to the point that it gets annoying.

tumblr turned on this when it mischaracterized daken.

I’m not at all familiar with daken’s character. How was he mischaracterized?

You should just watch Diversity & Comics' review. It's spot-on.

youtube.com/watch?v=1TUkxjkctI8

The comic is a dumpster fire as usual and the writer should probably be on some kind of government watch list, if he isn't already. I would not let him near firearms.

In a nutshell, Bobby shits all over his parents and encourages his younger self to shit on them too. The writer is basically re-enacting a scene where he acted like a little shit in front of his parents to try and make his little brother hate them, except in this version his little brother takes his side instead of saying "quit being a fag."

Isnt bobbys dad dead....

>You should just watch Diversity & Comics' review

Fuck naw.

Why would they waste their time with a D&C video when they can spend 5 minutes or less to read the chapter and see for themselves what is wrong with the comic?
Fucking shill

This reminds me of that episode of Drawn Together where Captain Hero tries to ruin his past self's life.
Except you know, it's not a joke here.

What an objectively shit channel. Honest to God. Gamer gate era tier "muh SJWs" garbage. Christ.

Half the time he just rants while reading a book. If I wanted to read a shit comic book, I'd just read a shit comic. I don't need this dumbass explaining his gripes with it.

Gotta love those daily uploads. Great way to make sure you put out 0 actually engaging content. Just rant with a phone camera or a picture of whatever you're talking about.

>WAHH I HATE U DADDY NOTICE ME DADDY IM EDGY
Daken is a shit character anyway. Barely a step above from Costa's NuVenom or as he's called now Maniac.

why do you want people to watch that fucker

Most of the characters in the comic are portrayed as denizens of black twitter.

Or.

Even better.

They can pirate the thing and read it themselves to form their own opinions.

You mean the guy who got triggered because Lois Lane was driving a RV because women aren't allowed to do it?

D&C reads actual dialogue from the book to support his view of how shit the character is, that's a big plus 1 for me.

I'd rather watch his sperg out on it than waste bandwidth reading it myself.

He's also fair, he even gives good reviews to writers and characters he hates if the book is good.

Iceman is just chunks of nonsense. I mean dude and his young self ditched his parents after throwing a fit for no reason.

And why is both Bobby's gay? I thought only the young one was!

Had a heart attack but survived.

Pretty sure the artist for this book had a huge break up and tried to get a bunch of rednecks in a bar to fuck him to spite his ex.

This book didn't mischaracterize Daken

It wrote him in character, a pedator who manipulates vulnerable and impressionable people so that he can get what he wants and murder anyone who gets in his way, which must be what pissed off the fan base that just wants him to fuck Johnny Storm or Bullseye

Wait, that's it? Daken abused someone's trust?
He was a sociopath since day one, why is it a big deal now?

He seduced one of Iceman's students and got him to leave the school and become like a villain in training

That's it. He hasn't done anything else in this book

>Amoral people cannot write heroes

It's more that people who can't keep their politics to themselves can't write ANYTHING.

The early superhero writers were EXTREMELY far left, but they knew to keep the politics out of the comics.

At some point it becomes less about politics and more about identity issues. Sina Grace lacks an identity of his own, so he fills his characters’ identities with memes, quips, and cliches.

Extremely far left didn’t mean the same thing then as it does now, and they weren’t. A lot of creatives had progressive values because they’re generally empathetic people, sure.

Wait, wouldn’t wanting to give your past son a Highschool diploma be a good thing?

>The early superhero writers were EXTREMELY far left, but they knew to keep the politics out of the comics.

No they didn't. Do you even know anything about comics history?

The difference is that a lot of today's writers let the message overtake the story/characters. As in putting the cart before the horse.

Tweet him this nigga, he says he makes a point to listen to fans. He doesn't want to be like Marvel, lol.

Yes. And I’m sure he wouldn’t mind having his own room at 15 years old either considering he’s literally living out of a van with the other young X-Men.

Old Iceman is projecting an accusatory and intolerant attitude onto his parents probably to help himself cope with the shame he feels by coming out to them, while they’re more than willing to accept him by now and raise young Bobby to give him the opportunities old Bobby never had and love him despite being a mutant/gay, Bobby is jealous of his young self and spiteful of his parents. So he guilt trips and manipulates his younger self into rejecting them.

I mean to be fair he knows he is shit tier and jokes about it a lot

Kid Iceman is living in a mansion in Madripoor. He has his own room, they stopped living in the van a while back.

How is Iceman a villain, if that is what you're inferring here? C'mon, let's see your dissertation on this shit with multiple examples laying out your case.

Well then shit why would he need to move in with anybody?

Regardless, old Bobby still manipulated him in order to spite his parents

Regardless of what he says I can't stand the format of this guy's videos. I don't want to read the comic along with you, just read the comic, organize your thoughts and give an actual concise review. And the wobbly camera and his grubby finger everywhere.

Self-aware garbage is still garbage, he makes that point in this very video when he points out that it's not because the writer has the book say Bobby is known to have shit humor that it makes his shit jokes passable.

wut

D&C is easily the best comic reviewer out there. He's literally the only one with right opinions.

And what, you’re proud of destroying yourself? You know you can be critical of your own stuff but still do it and try to improve, right?

the only good reviewer is Joe McCulloch

No fucking clue who that is but when I google his name it brings up a comics alliance profile so probably not

>you’re proud of destroying yourself?
What the fuck are you talking about?
And when the fuck does he try to improve in any way that's noticeable? His videos are the exact same as the first ones I've watched.

”I chose not to do what I want to do because I don’t think it will be any good.” is a pretty self-defeatist attitude to have. He clearly has an audience, you just aren’t part of it. That should be fine, not everyone can like everything.

D&C is the voice of new zeitgeist.

Yeah, stupid outrage fags who don't even read comic books. He's stupid. This iceman book is terrible and I don't need that poorly spoken cuck with his mudslime family telling me otherwise.

>He's literally the only one with right opinions.

Translation: he confirms my personal biases so that means he's right.

Most ignorant post I’ve seen all day, congratulations you fat faggot

this

Otherwise was a mistake. The rest of my post perfectly describes hack and cough man.

>”I chose not to do what I want to do because I don’t think it will be any good.” is a pretty self-defeatist attitude to have.
Okay, care to tell me where I said or implied that?
You can't say "well he knows he's crap" and then get this defensive about people remarking that knowing you're crap doesn't make you not crap.

So what’s your solution, he just not make videos?

Not surprising, the guy married a muslim.

what are his top 10 books of the year or all-time

I never implied that either. Really the only alternative you can think of to not making shitty videos is not making videos at all? Come on, I'm sure if you think real hard you know what I'm getting at.
This "well at least he's doing something" is really not something that can be used for someone who spends his days explaining how people who are doing things are not doing them well. By that reasoning at least Gabby Rivera is doing something, what should she just stop writing? Isn't that a little defeatist?

I said that he’s trying to improve his videos. They’re essentially just vlogs, there was never any illusion of there being any level of production to them at all.

Gabby Rivera can write all she wants, noone’s going to read that insipid shit though, she only has a platform because Marvel is deeply fevered right now

So let's ignore the whole Iceman thing, and talk about the actual argument.

Is the cynicism of people keeping them from writing actual heroes?

By the way, he does make comics so it’s not like he isn’t putting his own capabilities forward. He actively insists people roast his work and invites criticism.

Yes. Even then, the issue is marvel going out of it's way to hire people who were never going to care about heroes. I don't know how good this man's books are but tgus is not the fit for a comick book.

His comics are shit and this eceleb bullshit has gone long enough, you literal shill.

>I said that he’s trying to improve his videos.
How the fuck would you know? I don't notice any improvement.
They're shit, that's all there is to it, you don't have to go "well ackshully they're shit on purpose" on me.

What the fuck are you going to do about it? Who gives a fuck what you think?

Says the shill defending his diety made of shit. People who defend ecelebs are retards.

I really don’t give a fuck what people think about this guy. Personally i think he instigates too much shit. Like most people don’t automatically know what you mean by saying “SJW” and it was always a shit term for what it’s meant to describe anyways, it was inevitable people would misinterpret the fuck out of it

Ha Ha good one user

Then why are you defending him shill? He's not good and most of his points are nonsensical gibberish.

No, Ditko was insanely cynical despite writing some of his best material. Moore as well.

He’s just a critic

I don’t give a fuck about the personality or whatever of whatever schmuck gave a movie five stars on the case of a DVD

I’m allowed to find it interesting to hear someone’s opinions on something I’m interested in, I don’t base my opinion off whatever he says

Find a better critic and stop shilling his garbage here.

I like D in C.

If I wrote this I would have young Bobby turn on old Bobby and point out that 1) he's just happy to have family again, 2) he empathizes with his parents who are having to deal with the two Bobbys mindfuck on top of them being gay mutants, 3) that old Bobby needs to learn to have tolerance for diversity of opinion.

That's the real gay experience, before everything got "fierce and woke af." Learning to love your grandparents or parents despite one thing (their uncomfortability with homosexuality) that they love you despite one thing (homosexuality.)

I don't know what's wrong at Marvel, whether the creators are too SJW, Millennials, narcissists, assholes or cunts or some combination thereof, and I don't care. I have decades of good X-Men stories to enjoy.

Maybe someday Marvel will put out a book with a gay hero that tells an actual story and that's actually good and not just "on the right side of history," but I won't hold my breath. And it can't be Iceman. Guy goes from the closet closet to wearing Capri pants and talking like woke Waiquisha immediately.... No.

I never promoted him in any way ITT

honestly I think D & C is dumb, but his fans are actually retarded

how about you fuck off if you don't like what's being posted

How about you fuck off with this eceleb garbage.

>Learning to love your grandparents or parents despite one thing (their uncomfortability with homosexuality) that they love you despite one thing (homosexuality.)

Except older Bobby has already lived through that twice, first by being a mutany, then coming out as gay, and both times getting shit from his parents. And he's frankly sick of it. So telling his younger self it's not worth it makes sense. His parents are assholes.

OK user, you’ve clearly got some opinion about who’s mortal and who’s amoral and how that difference affect their capeshit writing. Could you please post some examples?

And yet Byrne used to write good superhero books.

I stopped reading comics a long ago, wasn't Young Iceman the gay? are both gay now?

>The early superhero writers were EXTREMELY far left, but they knew to keep the politics out of the comics.
No they didn't
They were extremely political

The reason it's shit now and not shit back then is because politics never overrun the story. Now politics is more important to some writers.

Byrne is a pedo, that’s what passes for moral these days.

Plenty of cynical people can write works of hope. Making a character feel something you do not feel is the mark of the writer.

I think it's just more that a lot of people want to tackle problems relevant to society these days. But they don't know how to fix them (especially with a single person) so they just make a strawman for the hero to defeat. This of course causes problems as soon as the strawman isn't the perfect monster. The lack of depth becomes obvious and the character looks like a tool.
By not establishing the parents as total assholes, Bobby looks shit because he's so aggressively opposed to them.

You forgot a compulsive liar and proponent of waging a war by genociding civilians.

Now we’re straying into sainthood territory.

>By not establishing the parents as total assholes

The book and past continuity has already established them as assholes. His dad has been shitting on Bobby for a mutant for decades, before he found out Bobby was gay. And Bobby's mom got mad when Bobby came out gay because she wouldn't get grandchildren.

Young Iceman was gay first but then he infected the older self with gay virus.

Fuck off, nobody likes your channel.

>Virus
>When Jean Grey was present at both coming outs

I am unsure if I should check out this channel, is it hosted by a veteran?

Literally nothing wrong with this issue. Triggered fucking trumpflakes

Former marine, apparently. Yeah, I was surprised too.

No, you shouldn't. He's really bad at what he does. He grabs random issues and then gets angry because he can't understand what's going on.
He usually gets distracted mid-way through a video and talks about his bitch-fights on twitter.
Regurgitated opinions you could've formed yourself or read here on Sup Forums
And the endless REEEEEEEEing.

>not capitalizing Marine

>You should just watch Diversity & Comics' review
Fuck off, shill.

>he’s literally living out of a van with the other young X-Men.
Nah, that was Hopeless' run. The current run has him living in a mansion in madripoor.