Why was the humor so bad? Literally everything Drax said was awful

Why was the humor so bad? Literally everything Drax said was awful

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This would have been the lowest rated superhero movie of the year until the abortion that was Justice league hit the screens.

Of course not counting power rangers or cheap Russian knockoff of the Avengers.

>abortion
What is with the hyperbole around JL?
It's no worse than middling.

I mean I still liked it, but damn the humor was shit

Drax is funny exactly because of saying awfully poor jokes and misreacting.

No, he was just unfunny.

Because you can't take a joke. Everyone else liked it so the problem must lie with you

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum

Anyways I did like it, I just didn't like a lot of the humor.

that fallacy doesnt actually apply to subjective things like the quality of humor
even the best movies have detractors and worst have supporters, and the only realistic way to judge them is by consensus, because no objective criteria exists by which to judge them

Your link would make sense if this wasn't a movie that's entire goal is to entertain. You could say Chris rock isn't funny but for a guy who makes a living off being funny, earning enough to make the top 3 highest paid comedians of this year means something about his ability to tell a joke and peoples willingness to hear them even if comedy is subjective

The characters felt like bad parodies of the one that we saw in the first one, it's not just Drax.

Oh look, it's post-Justice League-depression "Lets shit on an MCU movie" thread #141.

This is where the DCfriend is at by this point: we've moved from "DEESEE mobies best, no one talks about marlel" to daily bitterness with "our movie sucks, but so do all of yours!"

So, so pathetic.

I've literally said multiple times in the thread I liked everything but some of the jokes, retard.

Starlord was fine, Drax was cringy

You ought to make a New Year's resolution to cut down on the quantity of dicks you suck.\
Take your passive-aggressive shittery elsewhere.

You should take your company bullshit and fuck off desu

This board already has more than enough live-action movie threads.
You are literally just making threads to complain about "how Marvel has too much forced humor".
That piano has been banged on since the MCU was a thing.
You are literally making a shitty, useless thread about a topic that has been harped on endlessly, just so you can take backhanded swipes at the competition.

You are literally the worst shit on this board.

I wanted to talk about the comuce book movie I had just watched on Netflix actually. You're the paranoid fuck turning this into some anti-marvel thing.
Movie was good but a lot Draxs humor was shit and a lot of the Groot jokes fell flat

We heard your shitty review the first couple of times. Now the thread has moved on to discussion of how many cocks you smoke per day, and whether it is healthy.

You have issues dude.

Stop shitting up my favorite board with one-line "Why dis film shitty" threads and my issues will vanish.
Your cock-addiction will probably require therapy.

>Muh board!
Get a life

>Literally said this movie was good beyond one aspect
>You're just trying to shit on the movie?!
Obsessed much

I predicted the inevitably abandoning of DCEU movies for people to go "w-well I hated all comic books movie from the start!"

We are quickly going to move into "We never wanted a Cinematic Universe in the first place!!" posting. You can bank on it.

To recap the thread:
Some no like goofy quip
Others ok with Gotg being comedy
OP cannot stop chainsmoking dick or shitposting worthless threads.

But I like Marvel comic book movies, I can just criticize an aspect of it I didn't enjoy because I'm not a mindless sheep like both Synder and Marvelfags.

Anyways to get back on topic, movie was a solid 8/10. What was up with the teaser at the end though? I assume that Adam fellow is from the comics but it didn't ring any bells, also I wonder if Marvel will do a Nova movie since they name dropped it, that would be cool.

For the third time, I liked the movie, I like comdies but some of the humor in this one was bad. Jesus

>Anyways to get back on topic, movie was a solid 8/10. What was up with the teaser at the end though? I assume that Adam fellow is from the comics but it didn't ring any bells, also I wonder if Marvel will do a Nova movie since they name dropped it, that would be cool.

See? Would this have been too hard a way to start an actual conversation thread? You could have actually added "but I felt the humor was way too forced" at the end and you might have gotten a conversation. Instead you went with
>Why was the humor so bad? Literally everything Drax said was awful
And got called a faggot for being one.

Maybe you should let smarter people make threads.

Starting a thread with bait is the only way to get one going, newfag

>For the third time, I liked the movie
So you start threads with the topic line shitting on movies you like? I'm so sorry, I didn't know you were retarded.
Either you're stupid, or you're baiting for company wars replies. It's one or the other.

>Starting a thread with bait is the only way to get one going, newfag
He says after calling people fags for calling out company wars bullshit.
Go back to eating dick.

Yes? Are you unable to say bad thing about a product you enjoy? That's weird man

You are violating board rules, and admitting to it in the thread.
I have nothing more to say to you.

You're autstic as fuck man. There was no company war bullshit, I said nothing about DC or marvel movies as a whole. Just that Drax was ass in this one.

>Starting a thread with bait is the only way to get one going, newfag

Jesus you take shit too literal

Out of curiosity, are you, like, 15? Because this shit has gone on for almost 20 years. Win some, lose some. Marvel was throwing out shit like Ang Lee's Hulk and Spiderman 3 when WB was making Batman Begins. The seven movies Kevin Feige was a producer on before he figured out Iron Man were Blade: Trinity, Elektra, Man-Thing, Fantastic Four, X-Men The Last Stand, Spiderman 3, and Fantastic Four: The Rise of the Silver Surfer. And then he finally hired the right people and made Iron Man, and after another Hulk mess, a Punisher movie, and an Iron Man misstep, he figured out the MCU and hasn't looked back since.

DC's had a lot of success over the decades they've been making movies. It's not like they're going to give up comic book shit, and sooner or later they'll make great ones again.

Anyways if baby is done bitching, who is Adam? Is he any cool?

yeah, the humor wasn't that great, but i think the movie did a good job of presenting the jokes and the pacing of the movie helped. good actions scenes > some shitty jokes. drax in the older comics, is legit retarded.

He's Thanos's counterpart in a way except I think he takes the neutral instead of good path

>Lays out a company wars bait thread "cuz it's the way to start a thread"
>starts throwing shit at people for Company Wars after being called out for shitposting
>Tries to act all reasonable and even-handed, while talking up DC in his "can we all take a minute to shit on Gotg2" thread
MODS

Some of the jokes were good

That's not even me you retard

I like how we can have 900 "DCEU sucks!" threads but one little "I didn't like the jokes in GotG2, though I still liked it" triggers people

I was sad Groot didn't become an adult at some point in the movie. I guess the teen joke at the end was alright

>I like how we can have 900 "DCEU sucks!" threads
And now the other shoe drops. As already noted, we are having "MCU suxors" threads about movies long out of theaters to salve the burning ass-pain of JUSTice League.

See, what you should do is make an "AHBLOO-BLOO-BLOO!!! General instead of shitting up the cartoons and comics boards with individual film threads. There are already to many of them, you aren't helping.

That's my first post in the thread, weirdo. For somebody with so much concern about the quality of threads you sure aren't contributing anything of value.

You are actually autistic

This thread was never going to have anything of value.
The OP has admitted it was bait.
It's discussing a movie that's already had hundreds of threads.
It's harping on MCU quippery, which has had thousands of threads.
This is just a shit-show because the OP was sore about the DCEU mockery threads, and wanted to even things out by shitposting.
Fuck off.

>This is just a shit-show because the OP was sore about the DCEU mockery threads, and wanted to even things out by shitposting.
I just watched it on netflixs, liked it and wanted to talk about it actually.

OP is always a faggot, so you call him a faggot and move on to another thread. You don't try and shitpost him into submission.

>liked it and wanted to talk about it actually.
Protip: next time you want a conversation, don't bait company wars, newfag.

You're so damn butthurt man.

>OP was sore about the DCEU mockery threads
I'm assuming that was in reply to
Which btw wasn't the OP

He didn't even mention the DCEU in the OP, everyone else keeps bringing it up
You are a colossal faggot
And this is coming from a guy who's FIRMLY on Marvels side

It wasn't.

Oh, it's that time of year when college students learn about logical fallacies and try to apply it everywhere even when they don't fit.

Why was Drax's laughter so infectious? Was Batista this kind of haha guy in WWE?

the humour wasn't bad, they just packed in too many of them that it became jarring. Avengers 2 had the same problem.

I thought it was okay if overdone. It's a specific type of humor so it's not exactly surprising that it wouldn't please everyone.

Avengers was tonally all over the map with jarring transitions. GotG2 did the balance of humor and occasional drama perfectly.