Quesada returning to Marvel publishing

twitter.com/JoeQuesada/status/938613993035444224

I don't give a shit what he does to Marvel. I'm more interested in if he's going to send that guy his trading cards back.

I never thought I'd say this, but with the current state of Marvel editorial, this might actuallly be good news.

This is what happens when you monkeypaw away Bendis.

>This is what happens when you monkeypaw away Bendis.
I thought having him at DC was the monkeypaw doing.

One More Day aside, was Quesada really that bad?

He started the whole shitting on DC trend and created the endless cycle of events. And yet Alonso managed to be so much worse.

It depends on who made the wish and the specific wording.
It could have been a kid from 2007 saying, "I wish Bendis wrote for DC" that got lost and transmatted in the timeline.
It could have been a vengeful 35 year old wishing away Bendis to try and ruin the distinguished competition.
We'll just never know.

Didn't he also forbid characters from smoking because someone in his family died from it?

Yup, made Wolverine put down his cigar.
There was also that time when Peter Parker started to get drawn like Quesada.

God is dead.

show me!

Now one no one is going to get good comics, happy?

I believe that there was another issue of him going through a divorce at this time, so he used the book to work through his issues.

>Ruining the best superhero in the world forever aside, was Quesada really that bad?

Is that a loss reference?

Loss was 2008 and this issue was from 2010, so it is a real possibility.

Aww fuck. Does that means Peter is going back to this bitch again?

Man I hate it when writers put their personal problems into books like that, especially when it doesn't make sense for the characters
I remember Lobdell did the same thing with Dick and Kory at the beginning of the new 52.

Not everything is loss, user.

Felicity?

Welp

peter will be forever unmarried

>Civil War
>House of M
>Avengers Disassembled
>Ultimatum

What do you think?

Fuck's sake, we just can't catch a break can we?!

Kek, way to get into character Loki

No. He created Marvel Knights and Max. He started the event comic craze but at the time it was loved and praised. He's no seer, he didn't know where it would lead.

>Spider-Fag
>best anything
lmao this delusion

>Bendis leaves
>Internal shakeup points towards a better future
>Quesada comes back
FUCK, so close.

Is that good or bad.
What should we expect?

Cates writes Thanos and Dr Strange for Marvel, it's BS.

Maybe C.B won't cuck out to Quesada's demands

Bad

-Sjw era continuing
-more events
-no smoking
-unmarried peter parker

Damn.

>Writer is going through some bad times and uses the book to "work through them"
Why is this an acceptable practice?

The promise that Marvel's editors and writers won't be fucking around and trolling so much on social media after Alonso left is pretty much dead as well now.

>Quesada ruins marvel some more
>Bendis goes to ruin DC
>image is nothing but tv/movie pitches that stop coming regularly after the first arc

why

Because that's how Johns created Stargirl.

>no more events

That's a good thing, Marvel is overdoing events, I didn't even cared about secret wars because of that.

Events should be like only 5 by decade, 1 per couple of years.

I blame diamond comics

>the best superhero
>Spider-Man
Get your shit together

Because /lit/ authors do it all the time.

At this point he's been surpassed by Slott, if anything he makes OMD look good by comparison.

He said there would be more events.

Worse.

It's called a "joke" user

Diamond is just a symptom of the larger problem that the comic market is stagnant and limited to selling to hobbyists in specialty shops

Even if there were more distributors, comic shops would be really pissed if alternative buying options really took off. Currently most store owners literally have no idea that trades are selling phenomenally well from book stores and online retailers, because they don't sell as many trades in their stores. They either are unable or unwilling to see the fact that their entire business is dependent on their suppliers ignoring greener pastures in favor of the precarious and small yet stable model they currently have.

Retailers love all the things that scare away more casual consumers: they love events, they love house styles that create a sense of sameness across all of a company's titles, they love story arcs that drag on, they love controversial changes and relaunches, all the things that get dedicated fans to come back every month and drop $100 on 20 books, and all things someone who might otherwise be interested in buying an issue every once in awhile on their phone would find unappealing.

tl;dr comic shops are the sole people responsible for keeping comic books in this shitty ghetto. Diamond is merely taking advantage of the already bad business model comics are built on. If comic shops weren't so utterly dependent on being the primary source of comics, Diamond wouldn't have a monopoly because they wouldn't have a system to leech off of.

Well, at least Marvel still got the movies. Shame the comics can't rub off any of that good stuff

>movies
>good
I bet you don't follow any Marvel title.

I'm the only one who fucking hated Phase 3? Phase 1 and 2 were near perfect but I fucking hated every single phase 3 movie so far.

Hell, Hulk looks good compared to phase 3.

Yeah ok

What a worthless post.

Why this don't affect Mangas then?

That's how you got the ending of Morrison's Animal Man, aka the part most people remember

He also had Peter (drawn like Quesada) date a woman that was not only named after his daughter but also drawn to look like his daughter.

Can someone just shoot up Marvel offices, goddamn.

Can we prove C.B. isn't Quesadilla?

Loeb's Death of Captain America mini was great, people should remember his dark period for this instead of Ultimatum.

I mean no matter what you do, you're not gonna top arguably the biggest clusterfuck in Marvel history.

Whored Laura in NYX, I'm not even a fan of her character, but I'm definitely no fan of someone throwing in something so asinine for others to handle or ignore down the road. Just an out and out cunt move as a writer.
Sure she's stunted in a lot of ways, but she's also highly trained and capable, so she what? Just decides to be a prostitute for some chump?

Laura protecting from harm and living off the help of the prostitutes under Zebra Daddy, jesus that name, but helpless to intervene directly with his business and abuse since his dead body would cause them trouble would have been fine. But nah, Joey Q ain't having that.

Nah, Cebulski is the new EiC, Bendis is gone, Cates is fucking great, No Surrender seems good so far. And I like Cable.

Quesada pls

Sins Past.

Maybe some good soul made a sigil to make marvel great again, I made one but was not to make Bendis go away.

Wasn't he also responsible for Gwen getting the Goblin dick?

And where did he do horribly wrong? Think it was someone with Parkinson's?

Yes.

Isn't this temporary to ease in the transition between Alonso and Cebulski?

But 2 of those are good (or atleast fun)

Laura was capable as a killer but hopless when it comes to anything else which was the point

None of thoe are good, you tasteless twat.

>everyone convinced Cybulski is going to save Marvel
Snap back to reality, oh, there goes the gravity.

Can't get any worse, I'll put money down on that.
I've seen professional writing and art standards cut corners this past decade that I would have thought a parody until now. Any lower and the comic side of Marvel's fleet is going from sinking ship to violent implosion.

I would guess he's coming back to draw.

>*unsheaths katana"

What the fuck did you just say baka gaijin???

Sauce on Lobdell’s personal problems

Phase 3 is miles better than Phase 2

Hi, retard.

Are you joking? IM1 and Avengers were the only good movies in 1 and Ant-Man, WS and GotG were the only good ones in 2. All of the movies in 3 have been good.

You're a retard. And this is not about shit movies, we're talking about comics, retard.

eat shit you dumb cocksucker

Heck no

All movies in phase 3 were mediocre at best.

Shut up retard, overusing the word retard makes you look like a retard.

Also not an argument retard, stop being such a retard.

>>/mcux/

Early on with Marvel Knights and MAX he was pretty good, he then did some dumb shit like Civil War, he then did the unforgivable with One More Day, then he got complacent and Marvel went to trash.

IMO had he stopped being EiC just after Civil War he's probably considered along the ranks of Stan Lee and Roy Thomas as he saved Marvel from death. Post One More Day he's undoubtedly the worst.

>Zebra Daddy
why did she become a prostitute and how many dicks did she take

Might aswell be.

I fucking hated that slut.

Quesada was good when it was him and Jemas throwing ideas at the wall because they had to get Marvel back on track. Jemas left around 2003 or 2004 and we immediately got Disassembled, House of M, Civil War and OMD. Those are four of the shittiest, most destructive stories Marvel has ever put out. 3 out of the 4 were the brainchild of Quesada wanting to put certain genies back in the bottle (as he described it) and Disassembled never would've happened if he didn't suck Bendis' dick so much.

On HoM/CW/OMD, Quesada didn't like what Marvel had become so he wanted to in a sense rewind the clock back to the '60s and how things were under Stan. This meant getting rid of most of the mutants (HoM), going back to a single Peter (OMD) and bringing back the "heroes meet and fight" trope (Civil War).

Disassembled happened because they brought in Johns to write Avengers. Johns had plans involving Scott Lang and then Bendis being Bendis used him in Alias and attempted to kill him off which pissed off Johns and forced Bendis to have to rewrite Lang's "death" as a hallucination. Editorial also wanted decompressed stories written for TPBs; Johns got fed up with editorial bullshit (and Bendis nearly ruining his Lang plans) that he quit and went to DC. Marvel put Austen on the Avengers but that just tanked sales even more so Quesada went to Bendis.

Bendis agreed to write the Avengers but only if he could use all of the big name Marvel characters (i.e. Wolverine and Spider-Man), kill Scott Lang and reboot the series under the title New Avengers. So this led to the Disassembled story and all the fuckery that resulted from that because Quesada let Bendis have his way.

Planet Hulk cancels out One More Day but there were lots of other bad comics under his reign. He allowed Bendis to happen.

That was all JMS man. You have to remember that JMS' recollection of things is very self-serving. The only thing Quesada did in Sins Past was nix JMS' original idea necessitating the Norman fucked Gwen retcon. JMS' original plan is that they were Peter and Gwen's kids artifically aged up by Norman; do you think that's honestly better? It's two sides of a shit coin.

OMD was something that JMS had no problem with in principle; he just didn't like the idea of using Mephisto to do it. But getting rid of the marriage? He was perfectly fine with that so long as he's the one who got to write the story.

The other big JMS complaint is "they fucked over my Thor run" which couldn't be further from the truth. He was given a set number of issues to do his thing and tell his story and then Thor would have to be integrated back into the MU. So JMS kept being slow delaying the book but it sold well so Marvel kept it going but come Siege they decided it was time for Thor to come back. JMS threw a fit and walked off the book. The upshot to this was that they had to get a fill in writer which led to them tapping Gillen whose run was well received which led to him getting Journey Into Mystery when Fraction took over Thor.

IIRC PAD killed off Betty Ross because he was going through a divorce at the time. There's also the time Claremont had a stroke while writing New Excalibur and when he came back he had Nocturne suffer one.

Morrison's done it a few times, but at least had the balls to physically put himself into comics and then get himself killed.

I am enjoying your controversial opinion even though I am not sure I agree with it.

It seems as though you are testing the waters. Are you?

ffs what is this?
this better have a fucking NC-17 label I swear to christ