So WB is ride or die with FLASHPOINT. Ezra Miller, Kiersey Clemons and Billy Crudup are locked in, Ben Affleck...

So WB is ride or die with FLASHPOINT. Ezra Miller, Kiersey Clemons and Billy Crudup are locked in, Ben Affleck, Gal Gadot, Ray Fisher and Jeffrey Dean Morgan are all pretty much confirmed, and the rumored Reverse Flash shortlist features names like Michael Fassbender, Hugh Jackman and Tom Hiddleston.

What can it be done for it not to suck?

Fassbender with Hiddleston as a decent contender.

No way huge jackedman gets it.

Honestly? Stop trying to make a cinematic universe. Focus on individual movies, like X-Men has been doing.

>and Jeffrey Dean Morgan
is it time to shit?

Damn. Hiddleston could definitely play the personality well, but physically he would look just as bad as Ezra.

Fassbender i don't know if he could pull off the personality, but he sure would be a good physical choice for Thawne.

They should get Dane Dehaan as Thawne. He has a relatively similar haircut to Eobards’s faggy cut, he’s looks young enough to be around Flash’s age, and he really needs to redeem himself after TASM 2

i wonder because i didnt read the comic, did he mean "its time to shit or get of the pot"?

ye he could work i think, also cheaper than the others mentioned (and more likely to be cast)

No, Negan reference.

I mean, above all else get a good director.

I hate to say it but they just need to copy Marvel at this point and do safe, studio-driven movies in order to get their franchise some stability, as Wonder Woman has shown, and despite JL massively underperforming it's definitely not getting nearly as much audience backlash as BvS.

So the parts of the "world of Flashpoint" from the comics should be downplayed as much as possible into basically extended cameos like in Suicide Squad and Falcon in Ant-Man. But I have a feeling they're going to instead use this as a stealth second attempt at Justice League without having to deal with Snyder or "the Superman problem".

The villain should "look as bad as Ezra". Literally the entire point of Thawne is he's completely obsessed with Barry to the point of modeling himself on him and desperately trying to recreate his powers.

He would probably fit the part, but the problem is he's really unthreatening as a villain, he just comes off as a kid to audiences.

I'd agree with having Thawne still try to look like Barry is Ezra didn't look like shit. I'll happily skip over that and just have him wanting to be the Flash and not be Barry Allen if it avoids him looking like a CW Villian of the week.

>What can it be done for it not to suck?

fucking nothing. much like BvS, the mistake is the entire idea of doing it. Don't make Batman and Superman fight, it's stupid. Don't try to pull in the new gods, it's stupid and will look like a Thanos ripoff to normies. don't do flash point when you don't even have a fucking status quo.

If i was doing it, I would have THIS universe be the flash point timeline. His dad is let out of prison, it turns out they find evidence that proves it wasn't him, and it was barry that left it, he changed the past but the time shift made him forget. things start to get worse, superman relapses and becomes evil, wonder woman fucking dies, it all turns to shit, then he fixes it and we see a new person cast as Batman, what else is different? thats what i would do, fucking stop and reboot ALLLLLL of it.

>2 hours of Fey Otherkin Flash spazz-running about and making ridiculous goggle-eyed expressions.

Would not even pirate

This or grant gustin

Pic related should have been Barry Allen from the very beginning.

Flashpoint probably won't happen.

they need to have a 10 minute prelude with superboy prime complaining about how edgy and unfaithful the last few films have been. Then at the end of the film he finds his way to the dceu.
played by zack snyder himself

The rumored full list of contenders for Reverse Flash.

>Hugh Jackman, Colin Farrell, Michael Fassbender, Jake Gyllenhall, Oscar Isaac, Joel Edgerton, Ed Skrein, Adam Driver, Dan Stevens, Dane Dehaan, Will Poulter, Bill Skarsgard, Matthew Goode, Alexander Skarsgard and Tom Hiddleston.

Fun Fact: The TV show already used Hiddleston's likeness in their concept art. Pic related.

It might.

It’s from Before Watchmen: The Comedian, and he absolutely meant it’s time to shit or get off the pot

>Michael Fassbender, Hugh Jackman and Tom Hiddleston.
Find some new talent FFS

What was the point of Kiersey Clemons?

If they wanted a black actress, they should of picked someone more attractive.

thats what i figured thank you

Really? It isn't cancelled? Flash was with no doubt the worst character of the team.

>the rumored Reverse Flash shortlist features names like Michael Fassbender, Hugh Jackman and Tom Hiddleston.
Pathetic if true. It's okay to recycle an actor who was in a shitty cape movie that everyone tries to forget, but these people were in the competition's tentpole movies last year and this year.

Found your Professor.

isnt that question of the day

the fuck is the point of doing flashpoint in a new dcu?

Nice fan fiction thread. Next time try to pick some people who are actually desperate enough to join in with an ailing franchise on a film that's had a disastrous development cycle.

Reboot in hopes of saving this sinking ship

Jesus FUCK that costume still looks so weird and gross

>weird
>gross
shut up faggot.

he's right

Reminder that Flashpoint is terrible, and a stupid idea for a movie, especially for this universe

Johns will rape the dceu seeking his egotrip and royalties

That's how I feel though. The proportions of the suit (particularly the way the mask fits on his face) makes it look gross, and the concept art of the suit is full of strange and weird choices that don't go well with the source material.

The suit to me is therefore "weird and gross".

>Fassbender
>Jackman
>Hiddleston
Even if they WERE able to get these guys away from their other contracts, how fucking lazy is DC that they're just poaching talent from other actually successful movies?

>actually successful movies
you left out the important distinction there. Otherwise you've criticized them for doing what literally every movie that's ever used a successful actor has done.

>He would probably fit the part, but the problem is he's really unthreatening as a villain, he just comes off as a kid to audiences.
Ezra's unconvincing as a hero so having a villain that's unthreatening makes for a good mirror image.

>how fucking lazy is DC that they're just poaching talent from other actually successful movies?
Given that their last ditch attempt to get Avengers money was to hire the Avengers director to do reshoots do you really need to ask that?

Fair, fair. But this isn't like a new movie casting Leo because he's a big name actor. They're directly going after their competitions' actors.

It's like if the shortlist for the next Captain Kirk was Mark Hammil and Harrison Ford.

Is every DCEU movie going ti just basically another Justice League movie?

They ought to have Ezra play Flash and Thawne since Thawne canonically altered his looks to match Barry's.

Hopefully nothing. I hope DCEU dies in spectacular fashion so they abandon the idea of cinematic universe and just do standalones, with different cast.

>So WB is ride or die with FLASHPOINT.
Its amazing to me that after JL, people think this is still happening. Aquaman will release because it has to. Thats likely the last genuine DCEU movie left.

Wonder Woman 2 will obviously happen and with Gadot and Jenkins, but free of this universe stuff.

You don't know how producer shortlists work, do you?

The plastic looks so cheap and impractical.

I actually have optimistic faith about DCEU solo movies without Snyder.

Only in very specific plots.

Pennywise wouldn't be bad.

played by Mr.Multiverse himself, you mean

>Fun Fact
>not Flash Fact

It's not scientific.

lrn2flashfacts.

>Grant Gustin as DCFU Eobard
>"Guess whose face I put on this time, Barry? Oh, you wouldn't know the full irony of it."

sigh....they're not that smart unfortunately.

NOBODY wants this movie.

Hell, they could've even just cast Cavanagh or Letscher as movie-RF, since he's a dimension-travelling character who fucks with the timespace continuum too.

Good way to establish the multiverse while acknowledging an already-existing universe, AND using a fan-favorite villain.

Let it go, it's not happening.

As cringe as DCTV can be especially after they're done with the well written "golden years" of usually the 1st season, what they've built has become insane.

It really is the closest to a comic book roster we've ever seen. I think the MCU doesn't have that much exchange between characters as the DCTV has.

I mean they literally took some alternate version of a character from a crossover and just transplanted him into another TV show that used to have him in the first season and barely acknowledged it. Smallville didn't have this comic book craziness to it. Insane how alternate earths and dimensions and time travel is pretty much standard on DCTV.

In saying that, Cavanagh and Letscher have the acting skill to be a really good movie Eobard. I mean we have Gal as WW. This is the only thing that can save DCEU. Even haters of DCTV on the CW admit that Eobard Thawne shouldn't have been that good.

>Even haters of DCTV on the CW admit that Eobard Thawne shouldn't have been that good.
It has outdone the MCU, in the sense that the villain actually outshines the hero by lightyears.

lol at that short list, none of them would fucking take this role

How about NIC CAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE

> none of them would fucking take this role

Fassbender was in Assassins Creed and The Snowman, the man has no taste for quality.

Too old, but just the right amount of crazy.