Should IDW have humans?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LecH7KTDGAo
youtube.com/watch?v=I5oSBsD22r0
youtube.com/watch?v=WmdseeZBiz4
youtube.com/watch?v=ZHR5OKDL81g
youtube.com/watch?v=hEHhaJQj2J4&index=2&list=PL6akIKaXBeU3mehI1x3VsFIY2LB2i1tZP
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Hope Kintobor was unironically a great character on Team Dark.

Only if they take notes from Unleashed

I don't know if they will but something that I think would be interesting is if we get to see a mobian girl dating a human
that's the kind of world building that makes fans go wtf, id love to see the shitstorm that ensues
id also love to see a human character that tries to maybe join the freedom fighters? but cant because species problems.

I can already see it now
>wtf!? why is idw pro furry REEEEEEEE!!!
>retards everywhere babbling about species compatibility issues
oh what a glorious thread that will be

Yes, but they need to be important. background humans shouldn't exist, just main story ones.

Sure, so long as they look like they fit in the universe and don't take too much attention away from the main characters

Hiring drawloverlala and joeadok as character designers would be a godsend

As long as best human is included, I will be okay with that.

The only character that should be in the comic is Bartleby

maybe a human who was adopted by a mobian?
that would make for some interesting storytelling

That was actually a thing in the archie comics before the reboot. Lupe had two adopted human daughters as well as her own two wolf kids

but it was never expanded on
what I would like to see is a relationship between a mother and her non mobian son
what it would feel like to be raised by someone of a different species, I stranger in a place they obviously don't belong per say

Only if they at least somewhat resemble humans designed by Yuji Uekawa himself.

There is nothing worse than seeing the huge eyed, Mickey Mouse proportioned characters surrounded by completely normal-ass looking humans. Stylize that shit Goddammit. You have a template for the kids and teens right in Billy Hatcher, and you used them for a time too. Expand on that, don't just draw a normal looking human when you have a fun, cartoony style to bounce off of.

these

bump

This, but unironically. Hot dog vendor would be the best character.

Pic related.

fucking disgusting

well they kinda have to

As long as it has absolutely fucking nothing from the Archie comics it can do whatever it wants.

Sadly, Ian having very little self control for fan wanking, that is most likely not going to be the case in the end.

How come Sticks' cubs don't look like her?

I mean, that's a deliberate juxtaposition, Adventure-Era humans (and Archie and Fleetway) weren't doing it on purpose, they didn't really have that much thought put into it.

Hope looks like she stepped out of the wrong comic in this panel. Thank goodness she was later redone to look more Sonic-esque.

That was back when the comic was more animesque.

It really depends on Sega, I think Unleashed was the last time a human appeared in the games. I believe Sega is pushing a two world bullshit in the games to try and appeal to classic fans or something(it won't work), ontop of making classic sonic a different dimension for those who dislike the direction the series took with Adventure onward(it won't work). For some reason despite going back to simpler plots Japan still feels the need to make things as convoluted as possible.

As far as the comics are concerned Archie Sonic had a problem with art style that continued well into the reboot era regarding art styles. Either you had a artist that did sega style mobians really well, but sucked shit art drawing humans(like yardley. he does good mobian characters that are nearly perfect, but his humans need work. They are often two boxy with lots of pointles detail lines in the face area, just look at his commander tower when ever he shows up), or you get artist who can do decent humans but literally can't into Sega style mobians (Like butler, ron lim, and pretty much every artist during the dark ages).

>we will never have a qt 3.14 Robotnik scientist girl again
suffering

I've never seen these comics. Are they any good?

Sure, but only if they're just background dressing.

Like in Sonic Adventure.

I'd say it would seem weird if they went out of their way to avoid including them, especially if they portray generic animal people but no generic humans. If I had things my way Robotnik would have a squad of incompetent Team Rocket-style underlings.

Never give your opinion on anything regarding Sonic ever again.

Shut the fuck up Boco.

Haha. He is called Thorndyke.

never reply to that particular person while simultaneously getting dubs at the same time, ever again

based knuckles

I don't want any more dead lolis in sonic

wait why does Amy have an opening in the back of her dress then?

they must have intended to give her some spikes at some point

christ, first time I saw what they did to Sally I couldn't believe it

then I got over it, and fapped

That Mama Robotnik doesn't look enough like Robotnik

>I believe Sega is pushing a two world bullshit

Don't like this at all. If humans are from another world, then Eggman's existence changes for the worse. The only human in Sonic's world is an evil bastard who deserves death. I'm kind of sick of the Anti-Human themes in a bunch of stuff (like say that terrible movie Avatar). Fuck Sega for doing this, I liked how in the older games, humans existed, it's just that among the species Eggman is a rotten piece of shit. That's all. And there were human organizations that did do the right thing and kill Eggman's psycho grandfather, fuck Shadow the Hedgehog that mad scientist deserved to die not be honored.

It's funny how Sonic is a trainwreck in this area, but Mario has all bunch of denizens in his world and that includes photo-realistic humans and it just fits swimmingly.

These look like characters from motu patlu

It's literally eggman with maria hair

it is a nice style. Surprised they didn't do more with Billy and his chicken god worshiping friends

I don't want them that cartoony.

Agreed.

Yes

that's lame

that's a lame design

stop letting your penis decide for you

I just don't want the humans to be super cartoony. There has to be a perfect in-between.

Ok, that's more acceptable. I'd say something that looks more like, dunno. Big O, in terms of detail and design simplicity? But with slightly more SD proportions.

I suggest people with images saved of humans depicted in the Archie comics and other sonic things should post them here and we will judge how good they fit.

>Fusion of Sonic's human girlfriend concept and Sonic X's Agent Topaz.

Actually a bit clever. Still looks like something out of a How To Draw Anime book, though.

>Gurihiru on IDW's Sonic The Hedgehog
If only we were so lucky.

>I mean, that's a deliberate juxtaposition,
Artsy-fartsy garbage.
If that's art, then Sonic 06 having realistic humans was amazing as well. There's plenty of excuses one could come up with.

>tfw you love Gurihiru's art, but they've only worked on games that weren't very good or never got released over here

>humans
What, like Eggman?

I recognize that Mamma design!

What would Maria look grown up?

At least I can tell you that DLL should stay away from them.

>Sega is pushing a two world bullshit
That was, like, one phrase from one developer, which was then reported 'mistranslated' after they realized people didn't like the idea.

Classic Sonic being a different dimension is going to stick though.

>If I had things my way Robotnik would have a squad of incompetent Team Rocket-style underlings.
That'd be pretty nice. Or, hell, bring Scratch and Grounder into the games. Orbot and Cubot never worked anywhere but in Boom, with them upstaging Robotnik and making him look nonthreatening. Incompetent but fiercely loyal minions are the best for bombastic villains.

That's just Ra's al Ghul.

NO. Leave Dr Eggman as the only human in the game and comics. Please.

And why is he the only human then?

>Has never been the only human in the games
>Nor in AOSTH
>Even SATAM had Snively together with him

Which phantom universe are you so nostalgic for?

ask /vg/

You tell me.

I feel like they should be cartoony enough that when Eggman is in the same panel as a human, he's clearly seen as just a weirdly-shaped human and not as a cartoon someone brought to life.

cute and sexy
only the men in their family end up bald and mustachioed

Because she's a sluthog.

bump

be honest, do you think ivo would tap his cousin?

Underground, I'm guessing.

Even Japanese Classic-era Sonic featured other humans besides Eggman, they're not inherently bad

Yes... as unnamed background characters, like the games.
The only humans outside the main cast that should get any dialogue are the president and his affiliates.

i don't think her dress actually has an opening on her in game model

aside from the OVA where?

>inb4 madonna
scrapped characters don't count

Need we remind you that Maria Robotnik was shot and killed. Ivo Robotnik was fortunate to not to have been onboard the ark when that incident happen.

GUN had innocence blood on their hands. It's no wonder Gerald Robotnik repurposed the Ark from it's original plan to destroy Black Doom to destroying the world.

i don't remember the adventure games being jarring when it came to humans

they just looked like generic anime background characters which is acceptable especially when compared to 06 & most of the comic pages in the thread

>I believe Sega is pushing a two world bullshit in the games to try and appeal to classic fans or something, ontop of making classic sonic a different dimension for those who dislike the direction the series took with Adventure onward.
>it won't work

I'd argue that it will work especially since it seems like most sonic fans nowadays just want more genesis style games like mania and to basically pretend every 3D/modern sonic game since adventure never happened

Who do you think lived in the cities in the backgrounds of certain zones in sonic 1 and 2? Robots? Animal-people?

youtube.com/watch?v=I5oSBsD22r0
youtube.com/watch?v=WmdseeZBiz4
youtube.com/watch?v=ZHR5OKDL81g

I like to think humans live there.

There are now 3 Sonic game Universe to look out for.

Classic Sonic (Sonic 1,2,3&K and Mania)

Modern Sonic(Sonic 4, Adventure Era, Heroes,Unleashed, Colours,Lost world, Forces)

Sonic Boom(Rise of Lyric, Fire and Ice, [TV series is not canon to the game])

The prime universe of Sonic games would be the Genesis/Megadrive games of the 1990s.

do the handheld games not count?

Only if they design them like actual fucking Sonic characters. You know, that thing that those creative geniuses over at Sonic Team never even thought about doing once except for when they were making Billy fuckin' Hatcher?

She got better.

Oh, look, there's Molly, too!

Classic games are still canon to Modern. Mania timeline was created by Eggman's spacetime fuckery in Generations

Seriously, just look at these weirdos. Their body proportions, the amount of detail they have, the size and placement of their facial features, and everything else about them fit perfectly into the Sonic universe and don't contrast with any of the animal characters in the slightest. They're a great reference for humans designed in the official Uekawa style, as if Eggman weren't enough already.

These humans are visually unappealing. Classic Megaman has a better art style for cartoony humans.

That's another alternate universe.

youtube.com/watch?v=hEHhaJQj2J4&index=2&list=PL6akIKaXBeU3mehI1x3VsFIY2LB2i1tZP

What are your thoughts on boom muscle knuckles redesign? Do you prefer it or the classic scrawny one?

Classic one.

>implying he wouldn't be rabidly over-protective of her, to the point of sending robots for surveillance on any boy who expressed an interest in her
Now I'm imagining how Boom Robotnik would have Orbot and Cubot kidnap that cute boy in her English class, just so he could ask her what the boy's intentions are.
It does make sense that he'd be more physically imposing, given that strength is his whole deal, but I have to admit I've only liked his classic design in Sonic the Comic

The boom knuckles design really grew on me, I thought he looked like a joke at first, but as time went on the classic one started looking more like a joke.

like with boom robotnik I'm gonna miss him when he's gone.

it sucks that the game basically doomed the series

whenever i think of maria in boom i always imagine her being reminded of shadow when runs into sonic & friends which would lead to her telling them embarassing stories about shadow.

or her not letting shadow be hardcore

>boom robotnik
... Eggman is unambigiously his real name in Boom...

Yep, the only ones who are Robotnic are the classic games and the cartoons. (I refer to the Eggman in Mania as Robotnik though regardless, fuck the egg police).

Yes, but the have to be stylised (except if they’re sexy).