Post your shelves, recent purchases/hauls, news about buying comics and any upcoming stuff

Post your shelves, recent purchases/hauls, news about buying comics and any upcoming stuff.

Don't know where to buy? Try these:
amazon.com/
instocktrades.com/
cheapgraphicnovels.com/
[your local comic shop here]

Are you Euro or UK and don't know where you buy? Try these:
cheap-comics.com (EU)
booksetc.com (EU)
speedyhen.com (UK, hefty fees if delivery adress outside of UK)
bookdepository.com (free worldwide shipping but known to manhandle books)

New list of things out next week:
comiclist.com/index.php/newreleases/next-week

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/spetRzF83us?t=55
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I've never read any Tom Strong or the spin offs from Top 10, but the rest of ABC really are fantastic comics.

I grabbed Absolute All Star Superman for $40 from a used book store, it was cheap because the slipcase was beat to hell, but the hardcover itself seems practically brand new.

Im still doing some cleaning so heres just the newest stuff.

Here are my most recent purchases. I'm on a Love and Rockets kick.

Here is my main shelves. I'm fixing to need a third shelf.

And here is my manga. I needs recs for this shelf though.

tfw running out of space to put more books
meh Ive got enough I guess

is engima as good as they say?

I'm beyond jealous of those Madman comics.

are you the same guy who said that in the last thread?

My Sandman Mystery Theatre came in! Everything's in great condition too

Enigma's bonkers. Definitely worth a read

I can say I liked it a lot. It has a narrator that can be off putting at the beggining with its constant: "Im not losing you guys with the crazyness happening, right? " And the crazyness hapening makes sense.
I recomend it greatly.

No but I have said it before. I'm a huge Michael Allred fan.

it's the best thing Vertigo published

I hope Allred's Silver Surfer gets an oversized collection

My small 2000ad and Image shelves.
Waiting for the next volume of Dredd and strontium dog to arrive.

forgot pic
better then animal man and all the moore stuff?
im sure it will eventually

Has anyone here ever made a Slipcase before? Thought about making one for a trilogy of regular books I have and one for a set of paperbacks but the tutorials that I have seen are usually pretty complicated

I think it is, at least clearly better than anything Morrison ever did

>no space for the doom patrol or seven soldiers omnis
:(

>Yellow hardcover
did they do one for Blue?! that's my favorite Marvel story

I don't think so, but there's a hardcover with Yellow, Blue and Gray

yeah they did separate ones for blue gray and yellow and theres also a newer omni with all 3 (but not white)

Is Invincible worth picking up if I've only read Kirkman's The Walking Dead? I'll probably buy the first two compendium's sometime this month since it seems to be ending soon. Anyway lately I picked up:

Oyasumi Punpun volumes 4, 5, 6 and 7
Tom King's Batman volumes 1-3
The Button-Lenticular cover
Pyonnyang: A Journey into North Korea-Guy Delisile
The Walking Dead: Here's Negan
Divinity
Britannia volume one
Britannia volume two: We Who Are About to Die
Quantum and Woody volume one
Harbinger Renegades: The Judgement of Solomon volume one
Book of Death

How did I do?

I already have it but if anyone wants a good art book and is going to buy from IST anytime soon, they have the Sakai Project (various artists drawing Usagi and his universe) for 2.99. It's a really good price for a good book.

>tom king batman
gross
how are divinity and book of death?

Divinity is great and really sucks you in with the lore, very awesome art work too, if you are new to Valiant I'd suggest that as one of the books to get for a beginner. I also forgot X-O Manowar volume one too, I've been really enjoying Vendetti's Hal and Pals book and figured I'd pick it up, I'm surprised Hal and co was such a slow burn at the start but lately it seems to be getting a lot better since the New Gods issues.

>Tom King Batman
I thought it was okay, nothing special but the art work really saves it.

Just bought this monster.

There's so many omnibuses I want I just don't have the space. Urgh.

Invincible is a lot better than TWD imo

I agree with I feel that Invincible is his best work followed by Outcast and then maybe Walking Dead.

on the minimal estimate, how much would it cost to put together the exact same collection as in OP's pic?

That was me. Hue

So does this include Mister Miracle or not? The Amazon page says it does but every other site I've seen doesn't include it.

I think it's in there. Here's an unboxing:
youtu.be/spetRzF83us?t=55

My shelf! Now that

My shelf! Now that I've got money I can get the collection i've always wanted!

Rather annoyed that there are no Christmas discounts for any of the comics I want, given I've been waiting all year for them to come.
Well done user, it's real liberating finally having money for all the happy stuff.
>CnH
Good.

That's my next purchase.
How is it ordered? Is Mr Miracle in there?

>trying to decide what comics to put on my Xmas wishlist
>if I open something big two in front of my family I'll probably be teased
>if I open something with nudity or gore in it I might get teased or even get a lecture from the prude squad
>also can't ask for figures or animated movies/shows

Damn my thin skin. And asshole relatives.

>97365122
yes, and the book is set up with issues in chronological release order

Should I get the complete calvin and hobbes if I already have the original collections? I've considered getting the set for a while now and getting rid of the originals but I'm seriously unsure of whether I want to bite the bullet or not.
Nice Incal by the way, I just finished that recently and fucking loved it.

i bought it because it was half price on Amazon, and didn't own the books.

Took these last night whilst bagging.

There are some Sunday strips that never appeared in color in the original collections. But I think there is also some content in those that isn't in the complete edition, bonus illustrations and such.

I fondly remember one Christmas where my mom got me some Sandman trades. My uncle asked to look at it and then after he did he declared it Satanic. Holiday memories.

Sorry for twitchy hands

Bad girls.

Land just blatantly traced a different model's face for each cover.
5/5

Posting my key issues just for kicks. Haven't taken pictures of my collection in a while, might do so if I see this thread breathing in a few days.

Lol, yeah, it's either 'Isn't that for kids?' or 'you're poisoning your soul!'
Luckily I also love westerns and American history, so I can largely avoid any of it.
Nice haul by the way. Darkchylde takes me back.

They just look like Witchblade rip offs.

I really like Darkchylde, Ariel is extremely angsty but she's very sympathetic. Randy Queen is one of those 90s guys who just went all out drawing awesome monsters and shit. Nowadays it isn't cool to spend 7 months on a single issue. Our loss.
Warrior Nun Areala actually predates Witchblade, Darkchylde was probably inspired by Witchblade at least partially. But once you read it they're not really anything alike. But it falls into that same urban dark fantasy category that Witchblade and The Darkness were in.

whats the deal with these?

>people actually exclusively buy trades

What the fuck is the point?

Latest. Zegas was pretty decent. You can tell that Fiffe has grown as an artist with Copra, but it still had interesting layouts and composition that I expect from him.

Does the new Battle Angel Alita editions have any extras included? I plan on picking it up next month.

Get some more Masamune Shiro works. Dominion or Orion are both good.

Finally updated my shelf picks too. I'm well out of shelf space.

a few hundred, they're all to be found at used book stores though

Too lazy to update my small press pic.

I really need to update this pic. prolly after xmas
1/3

I'm behind on a bunch of series, this is them, hence the stacking.

Got this for one of my moms xmas gifts, its one of her fav books and the art inside is really charming. 3/3

I've never read that book but I've been meaning to, it seems like something I'd like

It's in story order, and yes. It's pretty much the perfect Fourth World collection.

Is that Justice League Detroit Era Omnibus worth getting?

It's basically DC's attempt at giving the Justice League the New Teen Titans-style makeover that was in vogue at the time. I like that kind of thing but it's somewhere between Young All-Stars and New Guardians in terms of quality. It was a punchline for a long time. The most interesting thing about it is that Aquaman leads the team in the beginning which is kind of cool.

Neat.

How's the binding? Did DC finally improve? I see a monster like that, I'm paranoid its going to crack/fall apart in no time after reading

>I'm paranoid its going to crack/fall apart in no time after reading

It will.

Just stretch the spine before you start reading.

>The World of Edena
>The Incal
>Cerebrus phonebooks
>Scud the Disposable Assassin
>Bone
>Calvin and Hobbes
>Akira
>Jojo
Very nice.

Are you a britfag? Judge Dredd's spines are black and white over here in murica and I forget if Strontium Dog is even published yet.

>Battle Angel Alita
How is this? I've been interested in it but I know nothing about it.

>moorefag

And what is the correct way to do that?

Hold it up on it's spine and slowly release the pages down from both sides until it's split down the middle more or less. Do it a couple times.

Shot in the dark, when do you think they'll release a Metal Omni?
I'm getting caught up with my backlog and I'd rather have the tie-ins as well, not just the core series.

Also, I just found out that Sejic was doing the art for Suicide Squad, has he found an excuse to draw Harley in her old outfit?

they'll release a metal omni for sure

the edelweiss catalog for DC is up by the way
some interesting stuff
sandman overture absolute
impulse by mark waid omnibus
superman by mark millar trade
batman '66 omnibus

Uzumaki and Gyo by Junji Ito, and Nichijou by Keiichi Iwari.