X-Men: Dark Phoenix in space confirmed

Looks like the X-Men are going to space. I thought the MCU faggots said they weren't going to space. Well look at this fuckers.

2 R-Rated X-Men Movies and a badass Phoenix Movie too. 2018 is looking great.

>Thank You Fox.

>go to low earth orbit
>crash
>stay on Earth for the rest of the movie
I don't even care that I'm taking the bait. Why does anyone continue to trust Fox with the main line X movies?

Because they been making good movies for a while.

No they haven't. 2 good movies that's it.

Nope. Mouse is taking over bye bye to shitty fix and their shitty casting.

Fuck disney

Don't forget 2 great tv shows in the same year back to back.

>2 R-Rated X-Men Movies
What? I only know of Deadpool 2

>picture of ship in space
>this means they are going to space and not

The Director even said the movie is suppose to be “”””””grounded””””” (because that’s what superhero films need, realism).

i'm ok as long as the phoenix is a cosmic force

>“”””””grounded”””””
>Phoenix saga
boy, I hope Feige pulls the plug on this. or at least fix it so it's not a piece of shit.

New Mutants movie coming next year. It's a horror story about the Demon Bear. I'm excited for it, first and probably only time my favorite team will get a movie. I hope it's good.

I think it's just part of her power like the other movie. Can Fox really mention cosmic shit?

Isn't Marvel doing those shows with Fox? Fox only owns the movie rights.

I really don't care if it's in space or not, I think they shouldn't waste their time with Dark Phoenix at all. There are hundreds of far better X-men stories you could use, why not use one of those? Shit it's not even the best Claremont story, why wast time on this thing again?

I can't even get excited for Foxmen. Haven't bothered.

>2 great tv shows in the same year back to back.

Are we still pretending Gifted is good?

No

no

>Simon Kinberg writing and directing

I'm worried guys.

Fox is terrible because they don't bother keeping the continuity consistent. They leave what could be interesting threads to build on in future movies, and then abandon and ignore them completely. i.e Mystique takes Wolverine into custody disguised as Stryker. Then they never acknowledge this or explain what happened again. Jubilee is in X2 as a student, then in Apocalypse which takes place in the 80s. They can say everything is different because of Days of Future Past changing the timeline, but it really makes no sense that it would somehow cause Jubilee to be born decades earlier. Same with Psylocke who was in X3. And Emma Frost who was a teen in the '70s and then a 30 something year old in the '60s.. But they explain it by saying that was another character named Emma with the exact same powers.. Please.

I actually like most of the X-Men movies individually, the only exceptions are X3 and the first Wolverine. The problem is you can't be expected to take them too seriously as a continuous interrelated shared universe like you can with the MCU. There are literally no major continuity flaws in the MCU that I'm aware of. When something does come up they explain it or fix it. Because of this X-Men would be in better hands in the MCU. I like epic worldbuilding where you are rewarded for remembering details, connections between characters, hanging plot threads. Where you can theorize about what is being built towards because you know the people behind the movies actually are building on what you've already seen. The X-Men movies reward casual viewers who haven't seen the other movies or if they did don't remember what happened.

I saw the trailer, if you didn't see the Marvel splash at the start you would have zero idea it had anything to do with Xmen mutants

Is this meme or everyone hating the Fox X-men flicks real, or is the mouse just shilling? They always get undeserved hate by people who just want the rights to back to Marvel.

>abandon continuity in favor of making good one-off films.

Good. The MCU movies are just trailers for another upcoming movie. They are devoid of serious consequences or stakes because you know Disney hasn't milked all the money possible out of these characters. I don't want a collection of big budget filler episodes. I want movies.
>I like epic worldbuilding where you are rewarded for remembering details, connections between characters, hanging plot threads. Where you can theorize about what is being built towards because you know the people behind the movies actually are building on what you've already seen.
Yikes. I guess this is the mind of an MCUck.

I didn't say they wouldn't go to space.
I said they SHOULDN'T go to space.

Sucking on some sour grapes there, son?

>They are devoid of serious consequences or stakes
That's a genre issue, not a studio or franchise issue. If you're thinking the Fox or DCEU movies have stakes you're fooling yourself.
Especially with Fox.
Magneto killed a few million people in the last movie and he still gets to hang out at the mansion because he learned the value of family yet again? What's the consequence there?

Yeah, that doesn't bother me. Demon Bear is basically a horror story so it makes perfect sense to do it as a horror movie. I'm only concerned if it will be a good or bad horror movie.

will audiences accept a Non-Hugh Wolverine
for many, he's been Sniktbub their entire life.

Not now. Logan isn't even a year old yet.
They'd need to wait a minimum of five, ten years. (They won't) and then do a full reboot with a new Wolverine alongside an entirely new cast so he's not the sore thumb sticking out (they won't do that either) .

They should put X-23 in it and have the Jean-Wolverine-Cyclops love triangle with her as Wolverine.

>Looks like the X-Men are going to space. I thought the MCU faggots said they weren't going to space. Well look at this fuckers.
>2 R-Rated X-Men Movies and a badass Phoenix Movie too. 2018 is looking great.

So you think the X-Men will face the Imperial Guard with Gladiator wearing Mohawk and the classic uniform?
You really think Fox are going to do that?

Scenes we'll never see in movies

For me this is the best X-Men run in comics

>Phoenix saga
>not going into space

Honestly that's one of those changes I wouldn't mind. That costume, and most of the Shi'ar for that matter, always looked a little too stupid for me. You know it's bad when the Skrulls look dignified compared to them.

>jean has a piece of shit deadfish actress

wew...

>Hot
>Natural redhead
>Relatively young
>Passable acting
Good enough for me desu.

Is it really that important that they go to space? It's basically just a good girl gone bad story is it really important that they have to bring in the bird aliens for it to work? The Hellfire club were arguably a more important part of the story considering they were the ones pushing her to be a crazy evil dominatrix, why isn't anyone more annoyed at them not being in it? I can't be the only one who wants to see that shit in a superhero movie.

That movie is going to be cancelled after the Disney deal.

You sound like a retarded Fox producer
Maybe you can get a job there

>will audiences accept a Non-Hugh Wolverine
If it has the Marvel Studios stamp on it yeah. Hell, they could even make the movie have a cameo by Captain America in the past.

Well one out of four ain't bad.

>finding Chin Grey hot
>having low standards

>is it important for a comic book movie to be like a comic book
I agree. That’s why Guardians of the Galaxy was so terrible. They should have put the movie on Earth and made it more serious.

*slaps face*

Dummy

Famke Janssen is twice the woman and the actress that sonsa grey is

I expect them to cancel a lot of shit but New Mutants, Deadpool 2, and most of Dark Phoenix are already made. I don't think they would cancel things that are so close to being done already.

Unfortunately this is another scene that we will not see in X-Men Dark Phoenix
unless with reshoots

You complain about it not being like the comic but I don't see Sebastian Shaw in it, I don't see Jean dressed in a dominatrix outfit whipping Storm dressed as a slave. You're not complaining about that.

She was good for her time but she's 53 now.

Only if its lesbian love between Wolverine and Jean and not hetero between Scott and Wolverine.

>They're going to space
>Use a picture of them obviously about to crash back on earth
Okay bro

>They are devoid of serious consequences or stakes
>Magneto starts a global worldwide disaster causing millions of deaths and untold costs of damages and this gets completely ignored by the end of the movie and you know will never be brought up again
This is just Apocalypse, it's even worse the more back you go. There are no stakes in X-Men movies probably even worse than MCU because there is no real continuity or ongoing plot threads that can create stakes since they just ignore them in the next movie. And don't even bring up Logan as if that movie doesn't thrive on the fact that it's not deeply connected to the past movies which is what makes it work in the first place

Is that by any chance related to the fact Singer got fired from FOX completely?

There is more space stuff coming. You know they can't reveal everything. This isnt Star Wars or the MCU.

I don't think even Marvel would good there.

Bump.

Was he fired? I fought he just fucked off on his own to follow other projects, you know, exactly like how he did after X2

The first of many accusations has finally come in for Singer. It's just a matter of time til the floodgates open. He won't be working again for a while.