Where do I start with Marvel Comics?

I really want to start reading some, but I have no idea which ones I show read or get. Any websites or suggestions would be appreciated.

Other urls found in this thread:

comicbookreadingorders.com/
corecommendedcomics.wikia.com/wiki/Spider-Man
corecommendedcomics.wikia.com/wiki/Dr._Strange
comraderecs.tumblr.com/post/18865607172/marvel-comic-recommendations
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

comicbookreadingorders.com/

There are thousands.. dont you have specific interests that would help inform which comics?

Spider-Man and Doctor Strange are probably my favorites

Kisscomics.com

THOR, X-Force, Wolverine & Punisher are a good start.

>Kisscomics.com
the website doesn't pop up anything for me, just a little blue bar

Anything published before 1990. It's where the masterworks are.

America by Gabby Rivera

corecommendedcomics.wikia.com/wiki/Spider-Man
corecommendedcomics.wikia.com/wiki/Dr._Strange

Word of advice, if you find yourself liking a particular writer stick to that writer for their other works

Don't read most modern marvel. Tgere are a few gems but it's mostly trash.

From the current crop I'm reading

Spider-man and deadpool
Spider-man Renew Your Vows
Venom
All New Wolverine
All New Guardians of the Galaxy

This.

Everyone loves the new Marvel characters like America, Squirle Girl, etc. just check out any of their comics. They are getting their own animated shorts too cause everyone wanted more.

Going to recommend Scarlet Spider (2012) by Christopher Yost.

It was the first Marvel story I ever picked up and ended loving it. Going by the description I thought I wouldn't understand anything, but you actually don't need to know a thing beforehand - everything is explained there.

It's the story of Kaine, an almost forgotten villain character from the 90's - a flawed, deeply violent and irascible imperfect clone of Spider-man - coming to Houston, TX and becoming a hero/anti-hero in insane, action-packed, hilarious adventures that include but are not limited to: combating human trafficking mobsters, facing criminal talking Mexican werewolves, taking part in a rodeo, bedding cosmic entities who are trying to eat him, Carnage, disarming nuclear bombs without knowing how to, bedding random civilians who he just saved and met (and deeply regretting it later on), slaying gods with the help of small spiders & Wolverine, killing Wolverine, etc...

It was so good it made Kaine a character many here at Sup Forums root for; he and his partner in this, a Mexican girl he rescues called Aracely who also happens to be the reincarnation of Huitzilopochtli, the Aztec god of War, Sun and human sacrifice, Lord of the South & Force of Will, The Hummingbird God, Guardian of the Fifth Sun, and patron of the Mexica tribe..

Other good series: Superior Foes of Spider-man, Venom (2010, the one with Agent Venom), Legion by Simon Spurrier, Ewing's New Avengers and U.S.A Avengers, Deadpool by Gerry Duggan and Brian Poseh, All New Wolverine, Gerry Duggan's Guardians of the Galaxy.

Of the legacy & newer characters, I have liked Silk (after Robbie Thompson started writting her and Stacy Lee drawing her), Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan) and although he had a rocky start, Nova (Sam Alexander) - specially his last solo with Richard Rider.

JMS Spider-man is what got me into Marvel. While it has editorial-mandated low points, the highs are good enough to compensate.

JMS Spider-Man is hard to beat. Just lots of solid adventure stories and soap opera relationship drama. Great run.

Most storytimed comic of 2017! It's gotta be good, right?

Read JM DeMatteis' run on Spectacular Spider-Man.

Don't do that to yourself. You are worth more than you think.

>no one recommending the classics
This board is so dead.

recommend them

comraderecs.tumblr.com/post/18865607172/marvel-comic-recommendations

comic book ha r old . com
>marvel recs
VOLUME 2 BE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (MACKIE AND JMS to one more day.

black panther McGregor to Kirby to Priest

Simonson thor

you may enjoy BMB new avengers

some Way Deadpool

planet hulk

superior foes of spider-man

fraction Hawkeye

iron Man extremis

Claremont UnCanny X-men

remender x-force

frank miller daredevil & born again

ditko/lee strange

Tom king vision

Kirby/lee F4

ditko/lee asm

>BMB new avengers
>some Way Deadpool
>planet hulk
>fraction Hawkeye

ayyyy

The entirety of Thunderbolts. You get a good lengthy series that goes through a huge variety of characters. The concept is generally villains joining together as a hero team to reform themselves or to push their own agendas. It's the first series I ever read and it gave me lots of other series to branch out into.

They should skip Fightbolts, Redhulkbolts and Zubbolts, though, those are terrible.

Busiekbolts only then.

I was so mad with Frankbolts, what's the point of having a team with a red theam if you're not going to make an opposing blue team?

Nicieza, Ellis, Parker and even Diggle are worth a read, too.

They aren't.

Shit taste mate, what have you got against Boomerang, Ghost and Troll?

>characterfag

Not OP, but I'm interested in a good X-Men run, preferably with the same lineup as the 90s cartoon. Where do I start?

remender x-force, friend.

Knowing your favorite character would be helpful.

\/

Since you’re a Spider-Man fan, I recommend Venom by Rick Remender (#1-22). It really builds up Flash Thompson’s character and is a great piece of the spidey mythos

>97366065
pretty good

I think the kiss comic site is actually readcomicon line.to